PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellanse Procedure

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697445

Thanks for much for the update. So you are about 3.5 years post op? It will be fascinating to see where you are at the 4 and 5 year mark.

I've always questioned the validity of the idea that Ellanse is a "safer" option than PMMA and think that it's main benefit is psychological. At what point does the length of time a temporary product lasts become so long that it negates pretty much all the benefits of not being permanent? If this stuff doesn't degrade within 5 or even 10 years, then what benefit does it have?

So far, every guy with Ellanse issues have been offered steroid injections or Removal surgery. If you can't dissolve it and it doesn't get absorbed over time, then what happens if the patient has an issue or doesn't like the result? Let's say you have the 4 year product and after a few weeks lumps and nodules appear. Do you wait four years? What, if I suspect to be the case, after 4.5 years it hasn't gone? Do you continue to wait? I just don't see it. From my experience of following PE procedures, if a guys has an issue that causes them stress, they want it dealt with asap.

Maybe there is the possibility that less reactions happen due to the micro-spheres being made from different material, but it will be hard to get any data on that, as so many more guys have had PMMA and because it's cheaper, often so much more is injected. But ml for ml, I'd be surprised if there was any real statistical difference.

Ellanse is a fantastic option for those who live in areas where PMMA isn't a viable option, but over the course of time, I'd be very surprised if it had a statistically significant better safety profile, even if, after 4 or 5 years, it does wear off.

One thing is for sure, Ellanse 100% isn't the happy medium between HA and PMMA. It's far, far closer to PMMA and possibly just the same.

One very positive aspect I've noted with Ellanse, is that ml for ml, I'm sure it creates more volume than PMMA. It's purely anecdotal, but I swear I've noticed guys getting 10ml of Ellanse get similar results to 15 or 20ml of PMMA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phallo1, willyWonka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hoddle10.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697447

hoddle10 wrote: Thanks for much for the update. So you are about 3.5 years post op? It will be fascinating to see where you are at the 4 and 5 year mark.

I've always questioned the validity of the idea that Ellanse is a "safer" option than PMMA and think that it's main benefit is psychological. At what point does the length of time a temporary product lasts become so long that it negates pretty much all the benefits of not being permanent? If this stuff doesn't degrade within 5 or even 10 years, then what benefit does it have?

So far, every guy with Ellanse issues have been offered steroid injections or Removal surgery. If you can't dissolve it and it doesn't get absorbed over time, then what happens if the patient has an issue or doesn't like the result? Let's say you have the 4 year product and after a few weeks lumps and nodules appear. Do you wait four years? What, if I suspect to be the case, after 4.5 years it hasn't gone? Do you continue to wait? I just don't see it. From my experience of following PE procedures, if a guys has an issue that causes them stress, they want it dealt with asap.

Maybe there is the possibility that less reactions happen due to the micro-spheres being made from different material, but it will be hard to get any data on that, as so many more guys have had PMMA and because it's cheaper, often so much more is injected. But ml for ml, I'd be surprised if there was any real statistical difference.

Ellanse is a fantastic option for those who live in areas where PMMA isn't a viable option, but over the course of time, I'd be very surprised if it had a statistically significant better safety profile, even if, after 4 or 5 years, it does wear off.

One thing is for sure, Ellanse 100% isn't the happy medium between HA and PMMA. It's far, far closer to PMMA and possibly just the same.

One very positive aspect I've noted with Ellanse, is that ml for ml, I'm sure it creates more volume than PMMA. It's purely anecdotal, but I swear I've noticed guys getting 10ml of Ellanse get similar results to 15 or 20ml of PMMA.

These are all the reasons I decided to go PMMA instead of Ellanse. I felt like the clinic had way, way more experience with it and the concept of how temporary Ellanse is to me didn't really register. You'd still need to have surgery if you wanted it gone, now, so...

I also feel like while the Ellanse results can be comparatively significant and there are very happy patients such as here with it... I've also seen more complaints about aesthetic issues. Maybe that's completely in my head and isn't reality but it did affect my choices.

I'm really happy this guy is this happy this far out from his initial injections!

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697448

On a side note. Will pictures ever convert over from the 2.0 within threads? Or do I have to go search there to see all these results? I feel like I've seen them before but I'm curious

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697449

Is there a way we could have a before and after sub category
With year done, doctor, product and amount
And pictures
I know it would take some time to do, but as men especially, we r very visual and that can be very helpful for us to make or at least start decision making.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697451

justn8 wrote: On a side note. Will pictures ever convert over from the 2.0 within threads? Or do I have to go search there to see all these results? I feel like I've seen them before but I'm curious

That was the plan originally, but unfortunately, for technical reasons, which I don't understand, we can't. I think SO has reached out to members of the old forum to ask if they'd update and post photos over here. Also, as I understand it, members who have paid for photo access here, can also view those on the old forum, though I could be wrong about that.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 week ago #1308697452

Toothman wrote: Is there a way we could have a before and after sub category
And pictures
I know it would take some time to do, but as men especially, we r very visual and that can be very helpful for us to make or at least start decision making.

We did discuss doing exactly that a few times. At some point we are going to have to organize things better. But at the moment we are still dealing with the teething problems from moving forums.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 6 days ago #1308697454

Toothman wrote: Is there a way we could have a before and after sub category
And pictures

Yes, we already have that in the Progress Report section toward the top of the main forum. Any report with pictures inside will have the phrase "Photos Inside" in the topic title, and most have them. Also, most Progress Reports will contain all the pertinent info like doctor & product information. You should probably know this by now, you log in every day.

As for decision-making, are you still considering more phalloplasty work?

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 6 days ago #1308697459

I log in most days, because I truly find this stuff interesting. I like to read about people’s motivation, successes and problems with procedures. Knowing that some things I’ve gone thru are normal healing while other things are extraordinary is sometimes comforting. I was also able to find some help with issues I had with the Dermal Filler.
To answer your question, I am still swollen and sore most days. However, the option of graft at this point seems excessive and it would truly be a point of no return. So for now, I am just dealing with my discomfort and hoping day by day, month by month my body adjusts. Hopefully less swelling, less discomfort.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 6 days ago #1308697460

Toothman wrote: I log in most days, because I truly find this stuff interesting. I like to read about people’s motivation, successes and problems with procedures. Knowing that some things I’ve gone thru are normal healing while other things are extraordinary is sometimes comforting. I was also able to find some help with issues I had with the Dermal Filler.
To answer your question, I am still swollen and sore most days. However, the option of graft at this point seems excessive and it would truly be a point of no return. So for now, I am just dealing with my discomfort and hoping day by day, month by month my body adjusts. Hopefully less swelling, less discomfort.

Please don't consider a graft. I suspect you may have so skin adhesions, which are causing the discomfort.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 6 days ago #1308697461

Toothman wrote: I log in most days, because I truly find this stuff interesting. I like to read about people’s motivation, successes and problems with procedures. Knowing that some things I’ve gone thru are normal healing while other things are extraordinary is sometimes comforting. I was also able to find some help with issues I had with the Dermal Filler.

Please don't consider a graft. I suspect you may have so skin adhesions, which are causing the discomfort.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 5 days ago #1308697467

Great to hear Subtle!

I still have not seen it dissolve away by itself. i am sure it does. The PCL itself does dissolve but independent studies seem to show it lasts longer than the proposed time. But the result is not from the bulk of the PCL but the collagen tissue response. Maybe that lasts longer. At this stage we dont know , but it seems to be longer than the time suggested by the company.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 5 days ago #1308697468

Dr Oates wrote: Great to hear Subtle!

I still have not seen it dissolve away by itself. i am sure it does. The PCL itself does dissolve but independent studies seem to show it lasts longer than the proposed time. But the result is not from the bulk of the PCL but the collagen tissue response. Maybe that lasts longer. At this stage we dont know , but it seems to be longer than the time suggested by the company.

Any theories as to how evenly it would dissipate? In my mind I envisioned down the road after the beads had dissolved your body may unevenly break down the collagen? So your shape and results would change uncontrollably? I suppose it's not a huge issue if the initial volume was low but couldn't it lead to a less than ideal appearance requiring another session to touch up?

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 5 days ago #1308697470

Hey Folks,

I’ve been reading mix feedback and responses from folks who have had the procedure done and from practitioners alike. Maybe folks here for clarify some stuff for me since I have a couple questions about un-cut and Ellanse as a Girth filler.

1. Can anyone provide a personal experience being un-cut, like myself, and having a Ellanse as a filler? What was the accordion effect like? Does it become more pronounce when you add more filler?
2. If the accordion effect becomes too serious, can I just address it with a Circumcision? I know it would make more sense to do the cut first but I am trying to avoid doing this if it truly impedes my sex life after the procedure. Has anyone done this?
3. I choose to refrain my HA as the final results doesn’t really sound appealing when I can receive a similar price for something I would be more content with. But from my understanding, Ellanse moves around more than PMMA. And if I happen to test out Ellanse, like the results, can I move to PMMA without an issue?
4. What is the most recommend spots of injection in the shaft to minimize the accordion effects? I’ve read from a practitioners that it matters greatly where in the shaft you put more volume can impact the way it reacts to an un-cut patient. Any experience with that?
5. What does the after care look like. From my understanding there are a couple stuff, but how long do I have do this during the duration of the filler?
6. From my understanding the filler last about 3-4 years. What does this look like? Is it a gradual loss and my Girth becomes smaller? Or is it towards the end of its lifespan does it disappear immediately?

Thank you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phallo1

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 4 days ago #1308697471

1.) I haven't had Ellanse myself and I'm cut anyway, but I can tell you with 100% certainty, that different guys will have different experiences, despite using the same filler, with the same Dr and being uncut. So if someone comes along, who happens to be uncut, and has had Ellanse, and describes it to you, it wont really tell you much about how it's going to feel in your penis. Many of the best PMMA results I've seen have been on uncut guys, but at the same time, some have had the accordion effect and hated it. These things are strangely inconsistent, which is why a conservative approach is adopted by the most experienced Dr's.

2.) Yes, you can have a Circumcision, though personally, I'd only consider it, if I was below average size.

3.) I've not noticed a glut of reports that suggest Ellanse moves around more than PMMA. In theory though, you could have PMMA after Ellanse, but again, there is no certainty that the result you liked with Ellanse can be reproduced with PMMA. But the same is true if you decided to repeat the Ellanse procedure again. Though, of course, if you use an experienced Dr, the chances are high you'll have a pleasing result the second time also.

4.) You should go to Doctors Forum and pose this question to Dr Oates and Dr C.

5.) Read some of the Ellanse patient threads and, again, ask at the Doctors Forum.

6.) Ellanse is the new kid of the block and as a result, there is only one results I'm aware of that is over 3 years old and it's that of this threads starter. To date he hasn't seen any loss of gains, so I don't think anyone can really answer that, maybe including Dr Oates.

I hope that helps and welcome to the forum. I suggest you read as many as the Ellanse progress reports as you can and as I said already, reach out to Dr C and Dr Oates at the Doctors Forum. As I understand it, Dr Carney will soon be offering Ellanse again in their new offices in the Cayman Islands.

Last edit: by hoddle10.

Ellanse Procedure 4 years 1 day ago #1308697497

1) This is what I am beginning to understand. I suppose I want a direct and expected results; however, there are so many variables surrounding this procedure. I truly hope nothing negative is produced from said procedure. The person I plan to do it with is highly regarded in this community, which gives me a peace of mind.

2) I am below average for Girth. I certainly would not be here if I wasn't––no offense to folks who will to go beyond the average stats. The plan is to do the procedure if the accordion effect is too much, plan a Circumcision as the last resort.

EG: 4.3-4.5
EL: 6

3) Similar to the other responses, and after reading more information on this, I understand your point on this.

Again, thank you for your thorough response. If you have any more feedback or advice, please do pass it along!

Last edit: by liber1440.