PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290814210

Dear Friends,Please pardon the delay in updating the current status of the Penith trial. My eight year old son required an arterial bypass operation to his leg (one of only fifty children in history to undergo this operation) at the University of Michigan. He is now six weeks post-surgery and just getting back to school, and I have caught up on my other family and professional obligations. Yes, even doctors and their families require medical care. I am pleased to report that I have completed six operations and all study participants have healed well without complications. While it is too soon to make any scientific conclusions, the following observations are encouraging:All participants retained normal stability both with front to back pressure (ie with penetration) and from side to side during an erection.All participants maintained normal erectile function and sensation.All participants gained flaccid lengthAll participants maintained and most gained some erect length, but not as much as I would like to see compared what I obtained during the anatomic studies.This preliminary data shows that I have overcome the problems of the prior ligament release procedures, which were loss of side to side stability during erection, and potential retraction with loss of erect length.I am now modifying the procedure to ensure that erect length will definitely be improved, and will resume with the upgraded Penith procedure in the next couple of months, and I continue to recruit patients for the study. The upgrades will be made available to the original six study participants. Many of you have expressed concern regarding the size of the incision. In any surgical procedure, exposure of the important anatomic structures is crucial. This is especially true for a new operation. When laparoscopic gall bladder surgery was first introduced, the complication rate was very high. I know because I reported the world's largest experience managing the problems while I was at the Mayo Clinic I designed the incision to be hidden by pubic hair with the full expectation it will fade as all scars do over a 12 month period. I recently incorporated new advances in laser scar therapy into the treatment regimen for all my patients. Once I obtain consistent increase in erect length, the next goal will be to reduce the size of the incision. Yes, the weights are used to counter retraction caused by scar tissue and are meant to be temporary. I dont list Penith on my practice\'s site because I do not want to be accused of promoting a procedure while it\'s a clinical study and not yet proven.. It is the ethically proper thing to do, not the opposite. Thank you for your patience in waiting for my posting and I look forward to participating on a regular basis.Sincerely,
Andrew Resshttp://www.livplasticsurgery.com

www.penith.com Spectrum and management of major complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomyRess A., Sarr M.G., Nagorney, D.M., Farnell, M.B., Donohue J.H., and McIlrath D.C.ARTICLE?in?THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY 165(6):655-62 ' JUNE 1993?
Section of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905.Impact Factor: 2.29 ' DOI: 10.1016/S0002-9610(05)80783-4 ' Source: PubMed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290814815

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Maybe it doesn\'t mean the same thing is the US, but when I was kid, it the catch phrase for a campaign warning us about paedophile\'s lol!

I think it still does, but my friends and I still use it when we see a perv, of which I am probably one.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290830322

hunkydory wrote: Strangerdanger That\'s a great name, sorry I didn\'t think of that..

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290830414

strangerdanger wrote:

hunkydory wrote: Strangerdanger That\'s a great name, sorry I didn\'t think of that..

lol!... It felt appropriate for someone lurking around, watching from the shadows on a website where we all discuss and post pictures of our dicks, hoping to remain anonymous. Although now that you point out the reference to what else it could mean it feels a little.. well, strange.

At any rate, I have a new favorite meme now.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290830497

Doctor,

Thank you for the update. I hope that everything continues to go well after your son\'s operation. We will all keep you in our thoughts and look forward to hearing about further improvements of his condition.

Since you mentioned continuing the treatment and recruiting more patients.. I am actually considering just saying the hell with it and volunteering for this. I know you are offering the procedure for free. But for someone who doesn\'t live in the area what costs would be associated with it? Transportation, hotels? I know I sure as hell wouldn\'t want to travel back right away. For someone who wouldn\'t necessarily be able to afford the procedure at this point in his life and willing to volunteer in the name of furthering progress I\'m considering putting my fears aside. Just need to know a little more! (On a side note, if you can find away to guarantee Erect length, you\'re going to become the go to guy for sure..) Thanks for your time Doc, hope to hear from you soon.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290830526

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok I am not taking this thread off topic anymore, after this..

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290832776

Thanks for the update Dr. Ress. Glad to hear that everything worked out for your family and I\'m looking forward to hearing back from your patient coordinator!

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290841058

Penith wrote: Dear Friends,Please pardon the delay in updating the current status of the Penith trial. My eight year old son required an arterial bypass operation to his leg (one of only fifty children in history to undergo this operation) at the University of Michigan. He is now six weeks post-surgery and just getting back to school, and I have caught up on my other family and professional obligations. Yes, even doctors and their families require medical care. I am pleased to report that I have completed six operations and all study participants have healed well without complications. While it is too soon to make any scientific conclusions, the following observations are encouraging:All participants retained normal stability both with front to back pressure (ie with penetration) and from side to side during an erection.All participants maintained normal erectile function and sensation.All participants gained flaccid lengthAll participants maintained and most gained some erect length, but not as much as I would like to see compared what I obtained during the anatomic studies.This preliminary data shows that I have overcome the problems of the prior ligament release procedures, which were loss of side to side stability during erection, and potential retraction with loss of erect length.I am now modifying the procedure to ensure that erect length will definitely be improved, and will resume with the upgraded Penith procedure in the next couple of months, and I continue to recruit patients for the study. The upgrades will be made available to the original six study participants. Many of you have expressed concern regarding the size of the incision. In any surgical procedure, exposure of the important anatomic structures is crucial. This is especially true for a new operation. When laparoscopic gall bladder surgery was first introduced, the complication rate was very high. I know because I reported the world's largest experience managing the problems while I was at the Mayo Clinic I designed the incision to be hidden by pubic hair with the full expectation it will fade as all scars do over a 12 month period. I recently incorporated new advances in laser scar therapy into the treatment regimen for all my patients. Once I obtain consistent increase in erect length, the next goal will be to reduce the size of the incision. Yes, the weights are used to counter retraction caused by scar tissue and are meant to be temporary. I dont list Penith on my practice\'s site because I do not want to be accused of promoting a procedure while it\'s a clinical study and not yet proven.. It is the ethically proper thing to do, not the opposite. Thank you for your patience in waiting for my posting and I look forward to participating on a regular basis.Sincerely,
Andrew Resshttp://www.livplasticsurgery.com

www.penith.com Spectrum and management of major complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomyRess A., Sarr M.G., Nagorney, D.M., Farnell, M.B., Donohue J.H., and McIlrath D.C.ARTICLE?in?THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY 165(6):655-62 ' JUNE 1993?
Section of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905.Impact Factor: 2.29 ' DOI: 10.1016/S0002-9610(05)80783-4 ' Source: PubMed

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope all is well. Please keep us updated.

I\'d be willing to come down again for the modified procedure. Please let me know.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290841583

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, apologies for taking over your thread and especially the situation with your son. I did not see your earlier post or I wouldn\'t have posted silly stuff on it.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 2 months ago #1290844236

Thanks for the update!

Dr. Ress, if I have had \"classic\" lig cut procedure, can I expect in the future to get your new procedure or it\'s impossible?

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 8 years 1 day ago #1292069345

Anybody heard anything new about this?

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 7 years 6 months ago #1293620898

Anything new about Dr.Ress procedure 2.0? I\'ve heard that he should start new trials with new improved technique.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 6 years 10 months ago #1295892714

Any update on this?

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 6 years 9 months ago #1296362771

I keep coming back on this.

New Phalloplasty Procedure-Volunteers Needed in South Florida 6 years 9 months ago #1296363093

I don\'t normally pay too much attention to review sites as anyone can edit them, but if you read Dr Ress\'s reviews on google, this one pops up:

I personally can speak first hand of what actually goes on at liv plastic Surgery. I worked there for
almost a year. Andrew Ress plain and simple is not a good surgeon. Infact, he is a bad surgeon. I
am coming forward now because I have heard from too many former staff members , that he
permanently disfigured too many patients. This is a FACT: His own staff, would rather PAY another
doctor for cosmetic work, than get it for FREE thru him!!! What does that tell you?
While under employment, I know firsthand he forged the patient logs in his operating room in order
to pass inspection. This is illegal and he should lose his medical license for doing it. I\'m
embarrassed to say I kept quite then, as we all did, to keep our jobs. He made employees lie on the
witness stand in a civil case in order to keep their job. He also \"asked\" his patient coordinator to write
disparaging remarks about local plastic Surgery Colleagues on Yelp and other review sites. He did it
, only to keep his job. I also know firsthand, the equipment he buys never new. he only buys used
equipment that can be faulty and ineffective which leads to scars and burns in most cases. His own
wife recently filed for Divorce claiming he was cheating on her with women in the office. Not sure if
this is true, however his now ex wife certainly believes it. This man is not only a bad, unethical
surgeon, he is a not a person you can trust.

It\'s written by a guy called Andrew Rudnick and if you search for him it does seem that he genuinely did work for Dr Ress. Now obviously they could have had a falling out and just by trying to take revenge against Dr Ress, but he made some pretty specific claims, that one would have thought were potentially libelous and didn\'t try to hide who he was.

I don\'t know how much you can read into that, but I did think the procedure he was trying to was crazy, given he needed to make a huge T incision to perform it.