Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New here and strongly considering pmma

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276069082

• Dr Oates
  • Dr Oates's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don\'t worry makeadecision. As Miracle said, its no big deal. The anticipation was the worst part for me. I did opt for the anti anxiety meds, but after they kicked in I was able to watch the entire procedure with no issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276069086

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks very much to Miracle and Hans. I appreciate the support guys!!!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276069118

Hey notsure...u said u got 21cc of metacril....as that the amount you elected to have?

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276069185

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No, I got 24 cc\'s. It wasn\'t my choice, Dr.C will put the amount that he feels is best/safest. He said that my unit accepted it very well so he was able to put a little more in mine than in some others with my starting size. It will vary from patient to patient. I actually wanted more, but they said that it was full enough for round one and so I took their professional advice and am very pleased with the outcome thus far. They really are a great team and make you feel very comfortable. I hope everything goes your way buddy!!! Good luck!!!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276069467

Sounds good...i will see what they suggest. Do u have any suggestion for me when i get back to the hotel after the procedure?

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276070339

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just pay close attention to it. Imagine it as a sleeve filled with fluid and you want to keep it as evenly dispersed as possible. I also set my alarm to wake me up every 2 hours last night. Each time I woke up I unwrapped it and palpated for imperfections. Once I massaged it smooth, I would re wrap and go back to sleep. It really wasn\'t difficult or any big deal. You will feel fine afterward and great tomorrow. I am having sushi in downtown SD as I write this. Best of luck buddy!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276070358

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry for the typo I meant to write palpated not palates. Auto correct on my iphone

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276070394

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
By the way, Ogawashi Sushi on the corner of fifth and C in downtown SD has pretty good food for any of you guys that stay in the area when you visit.

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276071666

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Okay, found a tape measure. This really doesn\'t matter as it will definitely change, but here are my stats. I will keep you guys updated on how I am doing, but these will be the last measurements for a while as they will be constantly changing and I am not going to put myself through that emotional roller coaster. I am planning on scheduling round 2 next week for mid March. As of tonight the swelling and bruising are about the same.

pre op stats: 3.5\" NBPFL
4\" BPFL 4\" FG 5.75\" NBPEL
6.25\"BPEL4.75\" EG

24 hrs. post round 1:
4.125\" NBPFL
4.5\" BPFL
5.125\" FG
5.625\" NBPEL
6.25\" BPEL
5.5\" EG
5.875\" BEG

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276073031

Ok...recently got back from the procedure...as everyone said Dr.C and Wade are very professional and courteous. So lets talk about the procedure. Got there at 4...wade said because of backup would have to wait about an hour..didnt mind once they told me they had to work on a lady from out ofthe country. Once in...nurse took pics and asked me was i nervous...i said HELL YEAH...he said thats to be expected. He gave me a coritsone shot in my shoulder...which i didnt feel at all. After a couple of jokes and laughs by wade to make me feel comfortable...they started. For anyone reading this nervous about the pain...trust me..THERES NONE..even when wade would tell me I may feel a little pressure or pinch...i didnt...at some point I was about to go to sleep.
In fact the only inconvenience I had was at the border.
So now im back at the hotel...and the only pain im feeling is a sting in the entry points of the base. I will wait till tomorrow to see if its anything out of the ordinary. Will keep you updated.

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276077043

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Glad everything went well for you. Keep us posted on the outcome.

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276078726

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bruising is about the same this morning. Unfortunately the swelling between the circ. scar and glans in much worse this morning. It is slightly painful, but most likely my fault. I had too much sake\' with my dinner last night which was really foolish. Friendly advice, stay away from alcohol after this procedure. That should be a given, but as I said I acted foolishly. I just hope this will subside by tomorrow. I am headed home today and am definitely a little worried that I am going to have problems with this now. We shall see!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276078986

@notsureyet82

Congratulations!! Relax, you are in great hands with Dr. C and crew. The main inflammatory reaction from the PMMA implant typically kicks in from day 2 to 12 so the increase in swelling is perfectly normal for some patients.

If the pain increases significantly over the next 24 hours call Wade and /or seek local treatment, it may be a sign of an infection.

Again, congratulations and happy healing and growth!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276079412

• Dr Oates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks eqstudent. I appreciate the advice. I took 2 Alieve and no longer feel any discomfort. It was extremely mild anyway. I re read my post op instructions and there is actually a reminder at the bottom confirming what you said. I guess I forgot about that part, may have been the anti anxiety meds lol. Thanks again for the help!!

New here and strongly considering pmma 11 years 4 months ago #1276084885

Hang in there Notsureyet82
You are over the tough part. Baby it for the next couple of days and take it easy