PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 9 months ago #1296404223

We have had some attention in the media over the past few weeks. Here are the links - 

www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.perthnow.com...4115d4e929f0fa9466db

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4631376...ement-procedure.html

www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/articl...mp;objectid=11881432

www.facebook.com/maximau/posts/1448397208568121

Or check out our Facebook page and my recent blogs on the \"penis worm\", penis transplant , penis cancer or the \"smart condom\"
www.facebook.com/CalibreClinic/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 9 months ago #1296763514

Dr. Oates, I reached out to one of your patients, who is also a member of this forum, Subtle77, regarding his progress with Ellanse. It has now been over 6 months and I wanted to see how he\'s doing. Has he been in contact regarding his results? I was unsuccessful in a previous attempt on this board. Many of us are anxiously awaiting Ellanse updates.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 9 months ago #1296776704

Subtle77 has replied now saying he has not had any change from initial increase - which is what we would expect.

Last week I had a guy come in somewhat upset saying his voluma was gone and it was only 1 yr. He went from 9.5cm circumference to 12cm circumference with Calibre. It was still 12cm. So I was happy. He then said \" So, can I get some more then....\"

Next week I have a guy coming back who I did Ellanse for PMMA lumps. He is pretty happy from his emails - hopefully some pictures then.

I am looking for any of my patients who are willing to be interviewed by \"Today/Tonight\" or \"The 7.30 Report\" current affairs shows here in Australia. But they really want a patient to interview...

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 9 months ago #1296782046

Dr Oates wrote: Subtle77 has replied now saying he has not had any change from initial increase - which is what we would expect...

Yes, I did see his reply. Thanks. While extremely limited, Ellanse is the only material here for which I have not yet read a negative report.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297209887

Wanted to post this here as well because a big part of why I developed CALIBRE was to try and increase the safety of injectable phalloplasty.

Free Fat Transfer (FFT) - liposuction then re-injecting into the body has been increasing in popularity all over the body. When I started nearly 20yrs ago injecting fat into the breast to augment was sacrilege. But now common. Brazilian Butt Lift with FFT is common. But in Australian they have just made recommendations on how to do it because of the higher mortality rate with that procedure over most other cosmetic procedures. The cause of death is fat embolism into the lungs leading to catastrophic lung/heart failure.

Now there has been reported a death from suspensory ligament release with FFT. Tragic consequence for what should have been a minor procedure. OK he still may not have got what he wanted if things had gone differently, but dying is too high a price.

The Swedish medical establishment came out quite strongly against penis augmentation too. I see their point but thought it was a bit insensitive too.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1556...ppHJwrQHSENYcw%3D%3D

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297210851

Bloody hell doctor Oates, that is Indeed very scary, I don\'t care if it\'s rare, that\'s one death too many, it\'s even more shocking when you consider how advanced modern technology and how he died from such a simple thing like this, anyway thanks for letting us know.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297212059

Hi Doctor Oates,

I have a question for you about how to keep a HA product like Voluma at the base of the penis.

I\'ve had 2 rounds of HA, and in my second round I wanted more product at the base to create a tapered effect.

However, most of the product seemed to find its way towards the mid shaft and head.

Is there any way to keep the product at the base?

Regards

Buffdawg

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297252619

Hi Buffdawg,

This is an issue I have seen. Did they use Caverject to create an Erection? I think by stretching it out the HA is spread more over the whole length of the shaft.

Obviously ensuring in the injecting they get right down to the base. There are fine fibrous layers in the loose tissue of the penis. it is easy to think you are injecting into a part of the penis but if the blunt cannula (like I use) is just pushing the fibrous band then on pulling back the cannula the product pulls back with it. Some cannula have the exit hole not right at the end but a few mm back then the product is not injected all the way to where the cannula gets too.
I use \'tube-grip\' a tubular bandage to hold things in place, not sure if that is a big deal.

Hope that helps.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297291976

Today I did an interview with the 7.30 Report - a serious journalism TV show on our (Australian) ABC. I did not think it would be their area but they seems to take it seriously. So hopefully some details on Phalloplasty will be out in the mainstream media in Australia soon.

I will post a link when we have one.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297292349

Hey buffdawg, do you pump post procedure?  Some of the PMMA guys have a thread on this this week-  

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297852995

Dr Oates wrote: Today I did an interview with the 7.30 Report - a serious journalism TV show on our (Australian) ABC. I did not think it would be their area but they seems to take it seriously. So hopefully some details on Phalloplasty will be out in the mainstream media in Australia soon.

I will post a link when we have one.

very cool, keep us updated. on a side note, any more Ellanse procedures?

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 8 months ago #1297854423

Lots of interest in Ellanse.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 5 months ago #1301730188

A Korean company, Hugel Pharma, has announced they have been licensed there and 11 other countries with a new HA designed and trailed for phalloplasty. I think this is the first filler licensed for penile augmentation. I comes in a 10 ml syringe.

Hopefully it is better than Macrolane was. The worry with a 10ml syringe is that it will be too hard to inject down a fine cannula. So it requires a much bigger cannula - which I don\'t want to go to. Or it is less cross-linked and softer - easier to inject but feels soft, takes more product to get results and does not last as long.

I have contacted the company to see it I can get some detailed information and then trial it.
See - 

www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1733

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 5 months ago #1301730505

Thanks for the information Dr Oates.
Would you ever consider offering Botox injections to prevent retraction? Dr C now does it, I can\'t remember the technical name for it, I think this would come in useful for your patients who have Ellanse.

HA injectable Phalloplasty - for safety 6 years 5 months ago #1301735530

Dr Oates,

I notice on your website that you are now offering PCL as a longer lasting alternative to HA. Is this Ellanse? Can you provide your thoughts on this? If it is not Ellanse then I haven\'t seen any discussion about this on here. Thanks