PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last?

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 3 months 3 days ago #1308715535

• jick975
  • jick975's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys,
I recently had 15 syringes of Bellafill PMMA done by Dr. Rupeka. Everything went pretty well and recovery has gone relatively smooth. I’m about 3 weeks post procedure and up about 1/2 Inch MSEG, with an additional 1/2 of Flaccid length gained which has been a nice perk.

Lately I’ve noticed that I’ll need a touch up, as most of the filler migrated from the base to the mid portion of my shaft. I understood from reading the boards this is normal so I was expecting a second visit around the 4 month mark.

The thing I’m a little more concerned about is that I still have pain and discomfort when masturbating and having sex. It doesn’t stop me from being able to perform but it definitely is persistent and throbbing. If masterbating, I need to use lube or it becomes too painful when the skin moves around.

Is this normal or can I expect it to subside at any point in the next few weeks? I’ve called doctor Rupeka’s office a few times but it always goes to a voicemail. If anyone has any feedback they can share I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 3 months 2 days ago #1308715544

jick975 wrote: Hey guys,
I recently had 15 syringes of Bellafill PMMA done by Dr. Rupeka. Everything went pretty well and recovery has gone relatively smooth. I’m about 3 weeks post procedure and up about 1/2 Inch MSEG, with an additional 1/2 of Flaccid length gained which has been a nice perk.

Lately I’ve noticed that I’ll need a touch up, as most of the filler migrated from the base to the mid portion of my shaft. I understood from reading the boards this is normal so I was expecting a second visit around the 4 month mark.

The thing I’m a little more concerned about is that I still have pain and discomfort when masturbating and having sex. It doesn’t stop me from being able to perform but it definitely is persistent and throbbing. If masterbating, I need to use lube or it becomes too painful when the skin moves around.

Is this normal or can I expect it to subside at any point in the next few weeks? I’ve called doctor Rupeka’s office a few times but it always goes to a voicemail. If anyone has any feedback they can share I would appreciate it. Thank you.

When you say the skin moves around, are you referring to Foreskin (as in being uncircumcised)? That could potentially play a role. Sounds like you have either a large Nodule that is being irritated by the act of masturbation, or (a less likely) foreign born granuloma reaction. If it's the former (i.e. Nodule), it will need Revision work, and if it's the latter (i.e. FBG), it'll need treatment.

Don't be alarmed if it's the latter (quite uncommon), it's an isolated immune response and typically can [1] reduce or go away on its own (which I wouldn't recommend hoping or waiting for), [2] be treated through steroid injections and other medical interventions. Not to be alarmed as they aren't known to impact the functionality of your penis (urination, ejaculation, and Erection), and is more-or-less a body's overreaction to a foreign material (think of it analogous to how not everyone you know overreacts to things, but occasionally you'll know someone who is always causing drama, our penises are much the same way: most of them handle the foreign injectables fairly well, but once in a while someone's shaft skin says WHOA and goes into defensive mode by isolating a problem area by creating a dome around it, which to the untrained eye looks like an obnoxious lump). Fortunately these are seemingly treatable and with time can & will resolve. Someone like Dr. Rupeka who deals almost exclusively with fillers will be quite privy to the treatment protocol(s) if it is indeed an FBG, but it could very well be a Nodule (far more benign) that needs to be broken down a bit.

You'll need to go in to get it diagnosed as either an Nodule-like lump (a clumping of filler, collagen/tissue, and/or bodily fluids) or an FBG. Keep us posted. I would continue reaching out to Dr. Rupeka's office, chances are if is going to voicemail, their line is occupied (I've found calling multiple times I end up getting through to Patient Care, seems like they have only one extension devoted to that extension).

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 3 months 1 day ago #1308715554

• jick975
  • jick975's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks SO. I am Circumcised so I’m not sure how to describe what I mean. The implant stays in place no matter how my skin moves, it just hurts and becomes uncomfortable. It’s not a sharp pain but it’s not pleasurable and strong enough that I can’t maintain an Erection without lubrication.

It doesn’t feel like what I think a Nodule would be, because I think I have a small Nodule elsewhere (towards the upper left of my shaft) that doesn’t bother me.

FWIW I did not immediately swell up huge like many did after my procedure. It’s only been over the past 2 weeks that I’ve slowly grown in size to where I’m at. It looks pretty uniform except the base where the filler must have migrated from. If I had no pain this would be an 11/10 procedure.

I’ll continue reaching out to Rupeka and see what he says. In the meantime hopefully this improves. I am glad that it doesn’t hurt under normal circumstances like walking around or working out.

Last edit: by jick975. Reason: Spelling

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 3 weeks 2 hours ago #1308716729

• Djd4040
Hello any updates on this? Did Rupeka get back to you? How is the pain? Honestly I have an appointment with Rupeka upcoming that I am thinking about canceling based on your experience.

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 2 weeks 6 days ago #1308716730

I encountered pain for weeks and worried a lot (you can look up my journal to look up concretely, sorry it would me take some search to find the exact posts) but then pain completely went away

Pain or discomfort after PMMA - how long does it last? 2 weeks 6 days ago #1308716732

• moes
  • Thank you received: 16
I had PMMA injections a month ago at Avanti Derma and I still have a little bit of pain when I try to move my skin too much. If I have a good day, I'll try to move my skin around, but then it will cause additional pain the next day, so I think I'm still healing.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream