Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skiman's Surgimend Journey

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710644

• skiman
  • skiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 16
So let me put some context into why I chose the route I chose. First of all I had decided that if I was going to have this done, I wanted it to be by a cosmetic/plastic surgeon with experience with Phalloplasty, and, I wanted to have it done close to home in the event there were any issues. When I first engaged with Dr. Liu, I actually had intended on getting permanent filler (which he offers in addition to dermal graft), which after multiple discussions with Dr. Liu on the pros and cons of both, I elected to get Surgimend. With Surgimend, I was able to get the same result with one procedure as most men get with two to three procedures (meaning an Inch in enhancement both flacid and Erect right off the bat). The cost ended up being the same if not less than it would have been if I'd gone for multiple sessions with fillers. Yes, I had to wait 4-5 weeks to be able to have sex again due to internal stitches, but, when you compare going in for multiple sessions and having to wait two weeks (as recommended by the doctors) each time you have more filler added, it ultimately seemed very comparable to me. I also didn't have to deal with the molding and shaping that you have to deal with with fillers, nor do I have to worry about nodules forming etc, and many of the other things I've read about on this board (such as uneven results etc.). Timing worked out well for me as it was right before the holidays, which would have been a low sex period for my wife and me anyways with our kids and family visiting. Let me also clarify the 6-8 month recovery period. That is how long collagen growth is expected to happen following this type of procedure. The doctor expects that I will gain another half Inch to Inch+ based on his experience from that, meaning I won't reach my final Girth state until 6-8 months after the procedure. Obviously, results will depend on how my body produces collagen, but I am noticing differences already. The doctor also has me on a diet meant to stimulate collagen growth, and I am supplementing as well. My view is even if my body doesn't produce much collagen, I'm happy with getting an Inch.

I've been very graphic and honest in my updates on this so that people on this board can have a good understanding of this procedure as an alternative to fillers. I am six weeks into this, and so far am very happy with the results. My penis looked like a truck hit it the day I had it done, but it is looking and feeling better and better every day. I am still not back to my full Erect length prior to surgery, but that is getting better every day too. Now that the doctor has me Hanging several hours a day, I expect that my flacid will get longer, and who knows, maybe I'll even gain some Erect length beyond where I originally was as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeltaCo, Vinny81

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710645

skiman wrote: So let me put some context into why I chose the route I chose. First of all I had decided that if I was going to have this done, I wanted it to be by a cosmetic/plastic surgeon with experience with Phalloplasty, and, I wanted to have it done close to home in the event there were any issues. When I first engaged with Dr. Liu, I actually had intended on getting permanent filler (which he offers in addition to dermal graft), which after multiple discussions with Dr. Liu on the pros and cons of both, I elected to get Surgimend. With Surgimend, I was able to get the same result with one procedure as most men get with two to three procedures (meaning an Inch in enhancement both flacid and Erect right off the bat). The cost ended up being the same if not less than it would have been if I'd gone for multiple sessions with fillers. Yes, I had to wait 4-5 weeks to be able to have sex again due to internal stitches, but, when you compare going in for multiple sessions and having to wait two weeks (as recommended by the doctors) each time you have more filler added, it ultimately seemed very comparable to me. I also didn't have to deal with the molding and shaping that you have to deal with with fillers, nor do I have to worry about nodules forming etc, and many of the other things I've read about on this board (such as uneven results etc.). Timing worked out well for me as it was right before the holidays, which would have been a low sex period for my wife and me anyways with our kids and family visiting. Let me also clarify the 6-8 month recovery period. That is how long collagen growth is expected to happen following this type of procedure. The doctor expects that I will gain another half Inch to Inch+ based on his experience from that, meaning I won't reach my final Girth state until 6-8 months after the procedure. Obviously, results will depend on how my body produces collagen, but I am noticing differences already. The doctor also has me on a diet meant to stimulate collagen growth, and I am supplementing as well. My view is even if my body doesn't produce much collagen, I'm happy with getting an Inch.

I've been very graphic and honest in my updates on this so that people on this board can have a good understanding of this procedure as an alternative to fillers. I am six weeks into this, and so far am very happy with the results. My penis looked like a truck hit it the day I had it done, but it is looking and feeling better and better every day. I am still not back to my full Erect length prior to surgery, but that is getting better every day too. Now that the doctor has me Hanging several hours a day, I expect that my flacid will get longer, and who knows, maybe I'll even gain some Erect length beyond where I originally was as well.

"The doctor also has me on a diet meant to stimulate collagen growth, and I am supplementing as well."

Do you mind specifying exactly the diet the dr. put you on and supplements for the collagen growth stimulation? That would be extremely interesting to learn.

Thanks

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710648

• skiman
1/2 cup of shelled unsalted sunflower seeds (or 1/2 cup of mixed nuts), two oranges per day, four 8 ounce glasses of 100% cranberry juice (I water it down for taste), lots of high protein, such as egg whites, chicken, etc. No fast food.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710654

Screen2584 wrote: Finally, I want to say that Dr. Liu has a treasure trove of information on his website. I wish another Q&A could be done with him.

He will continue to submit periodic Q&A's much like some of the other Sponsors do, and they will continue to add to the overall knowledge base here, so that the PhalloBoards can remain a trustworthy, comprehensive source material for those vetting their options.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710658

Skeptical_One wrote:

Screen2584 wrote: Finally, I want to say that Dr. Liu has a treasure trove of information on his website. I wish another Q&A could be done with him.

He will continue to submit periodic Q&A's much like some of the other Sponsors do, and they will continue to add to the overall knowledge base here, so that the PhalloBoards can remain a trustworthy, comprehensive source material for those vetting their options.

Where can I submit questions? Dr. Liu does mention something very interesting concerning Ligamentolysis. As you know, methods are used to prevent retraction, but in rare cases I read it is still possible to have retraction.

I was wondering then, why does it happen? And he wrote that it is because of adhesions which can actually be removed. I never read this explanation anywhere before.

Second, I have a question that you might be able to answer: does Dr. Liu actually favor Surgimend over other dermal graft materials? If so, why is that? Because on his website he writes that both AlloDerm and dermal fat graft are good.

It seems he even has experience with Penuma, but he states pretty clearly that he does NOT like it.

Last edit: by Screen2584.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710660

• skiman
Dr. Liu told me that Alloderm is softer and you don’t get as much gain with it as you do Surgimend.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710685

Thanks so much for your detailed notes on your experience. I'm curious if you experienced any substantial pain during erections, especially in the early days of your recovery. I've read elsewhere that the pain can be debilitating due to the Sutures. Thanks for any info you can share on that.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 2 months ago #1308710687

• skiman
@larrysauce , there definitely was pain with erections the first several weeks as a result of the sutures. This was also expected, and I would take several Tylenol’s to deal with the pain. While it lasted several weeks, the pain early on was the worst, and it gradually got better. No pain at all now.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710727

@skiman

What is the total increase in girth the doctor said that you can expect from the Surgimend ? Comparatively speaking where 2 round of ellanse @ 10mls = approx 1 full inch ( .5" for each 10mls ) for an erect penis length of 5 - 6 inches; potentially less for someone 6.5" but not by much and a fair amount more for someone smaller the 5" erect.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710730

• skiman
@Texas ,

I gained 1 full inch flacid and erect just from having the Surgimend implanted. With collagen growth Dr. Liu expects I will gain another 1/2 inch to inch from his experience. Penis length doesn't make a difference with Surgimend as it does with Ellanse or the other methods.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710735

WOW,
If you gain a full 1.5" from one procedure, that would great and something for a lot of people to think about. I wont even comment on the possible 2". haha

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710738

• skiman
Honestly I'm happy with the Inch. It is putting me at 6-6.25 Erect Girth. Another 1/2 Inch would be OK, but probably pushing it. A full Inch in extra gain would probably be too much.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710740

• Tyl2704
  • Thank you received: 2
@skiman

Sounds like it's shaping up well! That's great to hear

How is it looking lately? Any updated images to see the difference form a month ago?
Thanks again for the detailed info on this procedure

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710742

• skiman
@Tyl2704 ,

I think it is looking good. The 5th will be 8 weeks since it was done. I will try to post updated pictures then.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 1 year 1 month ago #1308710785

I'm very interested in how this turns out. Please keep us posted.

Where in SF is the doctor located?

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream