PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skiman's Surgimend Journey

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712785

skiman wrote: I think this is all good stuff. This thread is the first one on the board about experience with dermal graft, so I don't mind the questions etc about it at all, that's actually why I started the thread, to help educate others here that might be interested in this procedure.

First one on 3.0 with the implementation of the modern approach (no stacking of grafts), yes. I know of others who have done it (via email and such), but it's not nearly the volume of injectable Phalloplasty, so not surprisingly even fewer who will report on the forums.

Much appreciated that you have chosen to share your experience.

If you don't mind then sure, the discussion can resume regarding those other topics if those Members would like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712788

skiman wrote: The Surgimend is still a bit stiff and he tells me that it can take up to a year for it to soften up. He could inject cortisone into it, but recommended waiting to see how things go on their own.

Another question to add to my barrage - what sort of stiffness? As in it makes you look like you have a semi when you're Flaccid, or as in someone squeezes it and it feels synthetically stiff/plastic-ish? Is it only stiff like this when Flaccid, or when Erect as well? My HA (that I'll be replacing when it subsides a bit more) looks sorta dumb when Flaccid, but normal and awesome when Erect. My priorities are such that this is acceptable.

I just read on a PMMA thread where someone suggests their Flaccid feels abnormally hard, almost like a...really poor Erection? Essentially like something natural to the feeler, but not to the penis-haver, like they look and feel like a natural, large, partially tumescent penis, even when they aren't aroused. Wonder if this is like that

Asking mainly for the single dudes who are wondering how detectable things are going to be while everything is settling in. Should we read "stiff" as an artificial feeling, or, as in it's like a fake semi and you're only one who can tell, because you're auguring a drain clog and are 0% aroused, but have what looks like a semi?

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712789

• 123abc
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 7

itgoesthud wrote: …Be really interesting as well to see what the medium and long term results are of the PMMA injections Dr Liu is doing into the glans.

Is it PMMA or Belladerm? I believe those are two different product?

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712790

• 123abc

skiman wrote: 123abc,

There was no way to have the procedure without discussing it with her. I told her I was interested in having it done, she told me that I was fine the way I was. I pointed her at Dr. Liu’s website, and she even spoke with Dr. Liu. After her questions were answered, she still didn’t think I needed to get it done, but would support me if I did. As I’ve written, there were certainly challenges when we started having sex again, but that has gotten better as we’ve both adapted.

Wow, you and your wife have phenomenal communication. I’m jealous. Congrats!

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712791

• 123abc

Skeptical_One wrote: ….

From Dr. Liu:
By 4-6 weeks, vasculature should already be established in the Alloderm, and this will continue to grow. The Alloderm is slowly replaced by the body's own collagen and becomes "part of the body" and rejection will no longer be a concern.

Bellafill is a good permanent filler for glans enlargement. One has to be careful not to have nodules formation by making sure the injection is just subdermal and deep intradermal and not into the Corpus Spongiosum. Careful massages must be done starting right after injection and continue to do so until the surface of the glans becomes smooth and not bumpy. Bellafill is considered to be a permanent filler, although some reduction can occur over the years and sometimes it is necessary to do touch-up injections. Hyaluronic Acid, however, is temporary and completely disappears in less than 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Thanks!

I’d imagine the timeframe might be much longer for surgimend as opposed to alloderm since surgimend is typically thicker (and doesn’t come from human tissue).
However, I don’t really know, it’s just my guess..

Last edit: by 123abc.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712792

• 123abc

Skeptical_One wrote: …
Much appreciated that you have chosen to share your experience..

Agree, comments from you Skiman and from other members here who ended up having the same procedure done are greatly appreciated!

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712794

123abc wrote:

itgoesthud wrote: …Be really interesting as well to see what the medium and long term results are of the PMMA injections Dr Liu is doing into the glans.

Is it PMMA or Belladerm? I believe those are two different product?

Dr Liu said Bellafill, which is a brand name of PMMA (i think a product named Belladerm does exist, but it's another dermal graft, not an injectable Dermal Filler).
Important distinction.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712795

Hi again Skiman, I guess what is going on in people's mind is that whether or not it's safe to have sex until the graft iscompletely vascularized. Meaning if you get the green light to have sex at the 2 months mark...and then the lady rides you like a cowgirl could that damage or detach the graft plus the vascularization.

Essentially in theory that could knock back your progress months or worse cause a deformation of the implant. To be honest it has crossed my mind to go with out sex for six months after doing my procedure In August.

I guess the main issue is that this is a big change for a man, no pun intended :huh: But seriously, you won't be able to see what's going underneath your skin. So it stands to reason that any anomaly on the out side will make you worry to say the least. That fear is what stems my almost unreasonable willingness to wait and see it through up to 6 months. It's kind of the same concept as if I was a pilot and I had the chance to go alternate longer route, as opposed to approaching a storm and take my chances to keep my plane and passengers all in tact. What it comes down to is better safe than sorry.

Last edit: by bicboyanaconda733. Reason: Had an after thought.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 10 months 1 week ago #1308712796

• skiman
  • skiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
All,
It looks normal when both Flaccid and Erect. What I mean is that I can still feel the implant when I squeeze my penis when it is Flaccid. That eventually will go away and I will not be able to feel it. My wife has not mentioned anything about it when giving me a hand job. The vascularization started soon after the procedure was done, turns out for me the complete vascularization is taking longer. From what Dr. Liu has told me it is somewhat hit or miss with Surgimend, in some men it takes longer than it does with other men. I just happened to fall into the category that it is taking longer. On the question of sex, I got the go ahead to start again around 45 days. I’ve had no concerns about damaging anything no matter what position. I think the key is to be aware of what is going on with your body. If something isn’t feeling right, stop.

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308712990

• 123abc
Skiman - I might’ve missed it earlier but which hotel did you stay at?

I scheduled an in-person consultation with Dr. Liu. Might combine it with PRP treatment.. although I’m still looking into it as some studies say it’s effective while others say it isn’t?

Also, does anyone know how Lnpleaeu’s surgery went?
I believe he was scheduled for it last month.. sent him a PM but haven’t heard back..

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 9 months 2 weeks ago #1308713155

• Tyl2704
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Skiman!

My wife is about to have our first child soon and I am seriously considering having the lengthening and Girth procedure done by Dr. Liu soon so I can recover while on paternity leave at home with her.

Couple questions I have, is the lengthening procedure the same as what Dr. Carney performs? The MegaMAXL. I spoke with Dr. Liu over the phone and he said his procedure is the same, but I'm confused since Dr. Carney seems to be touting it as a one of a kind procedure that only his practice provides.

Second, do you recommend having both done together if you're going to get Surgimend? I imagine so, though the cost is quite a lot.
Also, Dr. Liu mentioned he prefers using Alloderm now, I know Skiman you had Surgimend used, which is what I have been looking into as well. Has anyone here used Alloderm? Would it be very similar?

Thank you in advance and I hope the recovery is going well

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 9 months 2 weeks ago #1308713157

• 123abc

Tyl2704 wrote: ….
….Second, do you recommend having both done together if you're going to get Surgimend? I imagine so, though the cost is quite a lot.
Also, Dr. Liu mentioned he prefers using Alloderm now, I know Skiman you had Surgimend used, which is what I have been looking into as well. Has anyone here used Alloderm? Would it be very similar?

Thank you in advance and I hope the recovery is going well

I know your questions were for Skiman but I figured I might be able to answer a few of your questions since I’m actually in SFO as we speak.

My alloderm surgery was scheduled for today, 7/12 but it was cancelled. I came down with a really nasty cold with coughing, fever and everything else that it entails..

At my original hotel (Dylan Hotel) I was exposed to a ~10 year old kid who’s literally coughing up a storm in my face while his parents were totally indifferent to their kid’s behavior. He never, not once covered up his mouth.
Most people got up and left left.. I tried to finish my breakfast first.. big mistake.. a few days later I started getting sick..
Tested negative for covid but those tests aren’t foolproof.

Either way, the surgery was cancelled. Waiting to get better so I may fly home.. In a month or two I’ll try again.. Turned into an expensive trip to SFO for no reason whatsoever..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Couple of points to your questions.
I too planned on surgimend BUT when I met up with Dr. Liu I found out that ALL surgimend products made in the last 5 years have been recalled!!
Dr. Liu said that it’ll probably take a very long time before surgimend is approved again..
FDA tends to get extra cautious when there are recalls. He thinks it might take months if not years for surgimend to be available again.

In fact, he thought the odds of a new, improved product being approved (surgimend 2.0?) would be higher than the original surgimend.

Of course, he was speaking from experience as a surgeon and not of any specific knowledge.
So he said you never know BUT FDA tends to drag their feet when products fail quality controls.

So for now just forget surgimend even exists..

Alloderm is still available.
Yes, softer, more natural feel (comes from humans after all) but thinner (comes from human skin after all - surgimend comes from calf “skin”).

There’s a member here who goes by SouthBay612 - look for his posts. He’s been very happy with his surgery which was less than a year ago..

I reached out to him right before my surgery and he’s been sending me great support messages. So yes, read his posts and send him a Pm if you wish..

Wish you the best and congrats to you and your wife on having your first child!!

_____
PS. Here’s the thread started by SouthBay612:

phalloboards.info/forum/progress-reports...or-girth-length.html

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 9 months 1 week ago #1308713194

Hi Skiiman,
This might be an invasive request, but do you have Erect before and after images?
I see only Flaccid
The following user(s) said Thank You: ioannis519

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713395

• Tyl2704
  • Thank you received: 2
Any updates here?

Skiman's Surgimend Journey 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308713412

• skiman
  • skiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Tyl2704,

No real updates to report since last time. My next check up with Dr. Liu is in October. I do continue to be happy with my results.

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream