PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length)

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712594

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi all -
I've been meaning to kick this off for a while, but better late than never! I learned about Dr. Victor Liu from this forum (thanks @skiman ) and after chatting a bit with Skiman by private msg and meeting with Dr. Liu directly I decided to move forward with my surgery. Lurking on this forum really helped me understand what options are out there and thank goodness I did as I was at one time considering a Penuma :ohmy:. I'm creating this thread to pay it forward.

I'm in the SF Bay area so Dr. Liu was an easy first choice. When I met with him he was very warm/kind and took time to answer all of my questions. That was a couple of months ago now and I've had several follow-up questions since then and have been impressed with his office's response rate and turnaround time. I opted for Alloderm + filler (or fat) for girth and am also doing the ligament surgery for lengthening - and my surgery is Thursday morning, June 8.

Why Alloderm and not Surgimend?
I know there has been a lot of discussion about Surgimend here, and I discussed this at length with Dr. Liu. My #1 priority is looking and feeling 'natural' and Dr. Liu feels Alloderm is a bit softer and more natural feeling, and combined with a small(ish) amount of filler or fat, will produce similar size gains to Surgimend alone. And since it is a relatively small amount of filler (or fat) it shouldn't feel "too soft." He's is still deciding between using perm filler vs fat and we will discuss together on the day of my surgery.

I want to be clear that Dr. Liu uses both Alloderm and Surgimend and thinks highly of both. For those wanting maximum size as their top priority, Surgimend may be a better option! Apples-to-apples, Surgimend alone will likely give you more size than Alloderm alone. Skiman's post covers this in detail and his results have been great. I also have seen some Alloderm skeptics throughout the forum and have read about alleged shrinking over time, etc., but everyone's experience seems to be different and all of the options have their pros and cons. Some may disagree with my decision here but it was mine to make and I did so in collaboration with my doc.

Ligament cut / lengthening
Here, my expectations are a tad lower. I've read on this forum in several threads that this can be hit or miss (esp with erect size gains) and requires some true aftercare commitment, but here I'm just being realistic with my own expectations and hoping for the best. :) At best there could be a small amount of length gain. At worst the ROI is nil, but I tried and it was part of my journey. I asked about a weight type of device for post-surgery and if needed, Dr. Liu provides a weighting type of contraption which his office makes or sources.

Pre-surgery STATS
FL: 3.5"
FG: 3"
EL: 5"
EG: 4"

I do have pre-surgery photos and will share as I go along my journey. I hope this thread helps someone(s) like other threads have helped me.

Send good vibes my way everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Texas, Razor350

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SouthBay612.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712595

  • skiman
  • skiman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 83
  • Thank you received: 16
Good luck SouthBay612!,!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712597

Congrats and good luck. Did Dr. Liu ever mention what kind of gains Alloderm alone would potentially produce? I'm leaning heavy towards Alloderm/Surgimend myself but I'm only looking to gain between .5 to .75 inches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712603

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

skiman wrote: Good luck SouthBay612!,!

Thank you, sir!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712604

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

MacVette07 wrote: Congrats and good luck. Did Dr. Liu ever mention what kind of gains Alloderm alone would potentially produce? I'm leaning heavy towards Alloderm/Surgimend myself but I'm only looking to gain between .5 to .75 inches.


I can ask him about Alloderm alone (I.e. with no filler) when I see him tomorrow, but I think I’ve heard about an Inch with Surgimend, so Alloderm alone should get you into your range. Will let you know what I find out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacVette07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712605

  • 123abc
  • 123abc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 76
  • Thank you received: 7
Thank you for starting this thread. It’ll definitely help others.

I’ve scheduled an online consultation. Do you know if he performs correction surgeries? In particular Removal and replacement of previously injected free fat with surgimend material?
I’ll ask him when I have the appointment but was hoping that maybe you might know it already..

Thanks and wish you luck....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712610

Good luck @SouthBay612
I cant wait to hear more

Please reach out if there is anything you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthBay612

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712613

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

123abc wrote: Thank you for starting this thread. It’ll definitely help others.

I’ve scheduled an online consultation. Do you know if he performs correction surgeries? In particular Removal and replacement of previously injected free fat with surgimend material?
I’ll ask him when I have the appointment but was hoping that maybe you might know it already..

Thanks and wish you luck....


Hi - I asked him about corrective procedures for fat injections and he told me yes and he does this often, so definitely worth the consultation. Best of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123abc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712614

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

Texas wrote: Good luck @SouthBay612
I cant wait to hear more

Please reach out if there is anything you need.


Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712615

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi all - I had my surgery today and it went well. I was awake for the whole thing - which was pretty cool! I had the option for general anesthesia (for an additional cost) but I prefer not to go under if I don't have to. I was offered Valium in case I was nervous but I I felt fine and mostly just excited, so I declined. It was fun to talk to Dr. Liu and his team during the surgery - we had some great conversations!

The whole surgery probably took about 2 hours (give or take a bit). Here's what I ended up doing:
- Ligament
- Alloderm
- Filler (Bellafill & Voluma) in the glans
- A small amount of fat transfer to go with the Alloderm

It looked great after the procedure but also swollen and bruised, as expected. It's all wrapped up now so I don't really think posting pics would add any value for anyone, but I did get some initial measurements:

FL: 4 to 4.5" (need to remeasure to confirm), which is a .5 - 1 Inch gain
FG: 4.5" - this is a 1.5" gain but this number probably doesn't mean much at this point because of swelling

Measurements aside, it looks and feels much bigger than what I had before, and with the filler in the glans it also looks proportional, which is important for me.

I've got a long journey ahead of post-op care, and will do my best to keep things updated as I go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skeptical_One

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712619

SouthBay612 wrote: Hi all - I had my surgery today and it went well. I was awake for the whole thing - which was pretty cool! I had the option for general anesthesia (for an additional cost) but I prefer not to go under if I don't have to. I was offered Valium in case I was nervous but I I felt fine and mostly just excited, so I declined. It was fun to talk to Dr. Liu and his team during the surgery - we had some great conversations!

The whole surgery probably took about 2 hours (give or take a bit). Here's what I ended up doing:
- Ligament
- Alloderm
- Filler (Bellafill & Voluma) in the glans
- A small amount of fat transfer to go with the Alloderm

It looked great after the procedure but also swollen and bruised, as expected. It's all wrapped up now so I don't really think posting pics would add any value for anyone, but I did get some initial measurements:

FL: 4 to 4.5" (need to remeasure to confirm), which is a .5 - 1 Inch gain
FG: 4.5" - this is a 1.5" gain but this number probably doesn't mean much at this point because of swelling

Measurements aside, it looks and feels much bigger than what I had before, and with the filler in the glans it also looks proportional, which is important for me.

I've got a long journey ahead of post-op care, and will do my best to keep things updated as I go.


Wish we got more Surgimend / Alloderm reports in light of the refined techniques & methods of the past decade, so this is a great contribution to the Community. Thanks & Happy Healing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthBay612

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712630

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

SouthBay612 wrote: Hi all - I had my surgery today and it went well. I was awake for the whole thing - which was pretty cool! I had the option for general anesthesia (for an additional cost) but I prefer not to go under if I don't have to. I was offered Valium in case I was nervous but I I felt fine and mostly just excited, so I declined. It was fun to talk to Dr. Liu and his team during the surgery - we had some great conversations!

The whole surgery probably took about 2 hours (give or take a bit). Here's what I ended up doing:
- Ligament
- Alloderm
- Filler (Bellafill & Voluma) in the glans
- A small amount of fat transfer to go with the Alloderm

It looked great after the procedure but also swollen and bruised, as expected. It's all wrapped up now so I don't really think posting pics would add any value for anyone, but I did get some initial measurements:

FL: 4 to 4.5" (need to remeasure to confirm), which is a .5 - 1 Inch gain
FG: 4.5" - this is a 1.5" gain but this number probably doesn't mean much at this point because of swelling

Measurements aside, it looks and feels much bigger than what I had before, and with the filler in the glans it also looks proportional, which is important for me.

I've got a long journey ahead of post-op care, and will do my best to keep things updated as I go.


Hi all,

I went to see Dr. Liu for a follow-up today and took my bandages off so I figured I'd snap some photos. Obviously with any surgery day 2 isn't pretty... I've got expected swelling and bruising, but the size difference is significant for me and I feel quite good about the initial results. When swelling goes down the Girth will probably get a bit smaller, but what is supposed to happen is collagen will form and size will increase again.

These are photos I took myself. Eventually I'll ask Dr. Liu's office for my "official" before & after photos so I can post those here.

Oh and I did confirm FL is 4.5" +. That is a full Inch + for my Flaccid length. Flaccid Girth right now measures 4.5", which is 1.5" gain Flaccid. Again, I don't expect that to be permanent.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712631

  • 123abc
  • 123abc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 76
  • Thank you received: 7
Those are fantastic results! Huge difference for sure..
How painful is it now? Especially the glans? Is the blue/pinkish area on the head where the injection went? I must say I know very little about that particular part of the surgery but I’ll look more into it..
Since you did the ligament you’ll need to use weights, correct?
Wonder if having injected the glans will make it any more difficult? I’d imagine it’ll be somewhat painful?
Did the doctor say how heavy those weights need to be, how many hours a day and when you may stop using them?

The idea of being awake for it.. yeah, I’m not sure, in a way it’s great not have to go under anesthesia BUT being awake feels so out of this world somehow.. amazing how advanced those surgeries have become.

Thanks for the great updates!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 123abc.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712632

  • SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Posts: 91
  • Thank you received: 32

123abc wrote: Those are fantastic results! Huge difference for sure..
How painful is it now? Especially the glans? Is the blue/pinkish area on the head where the injection went? I must say I know very little about that particular part of the surgery but I’ll look more into it..
Since you did the ligament you’ll need to use weights, correct?
Wonder if having injected the glans will make it any more difficult? I’d imagine it’ll be somewhat painful?
Did the doctor say how heavy those weights need to be, how many hours a day and when you may stop using them?

The idea of being awake for it.. yeah, I’m not sure, in a way it’s great not have to go under anesthesia BUT being awake feels so out of this world somehow.. amazing how advanced those surgeries have become.

Thanks for the great updates!!


Thanks!

Zero pain in the glans actually. I do have a little pain either in the incision area or more likely the ligament but Tylenol works great. Last night I woke up a couple times with erections which were painful but it was manageable.

The bruising on the glans is from the filler injections. The shaft is bruised up too but all to be expected.

Dr Liu has me doing light stretching exercises throughout the day right now (literally just tugging on it). If weights are needed in the future he said he will provide as he prefers what he has over any commercially available devices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My journey with Dr. Victor Liu - Alloderm & Ligament (for girth & length) 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712633

  • 123abc
  • 123abc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 76
  • Thank you received: 7
Great to hear pain is manageable.

Wonder how he attaches the weights to the shaft?

Way back when I had my procedure (late 90s) there was a suction device which I’d attach to the head.
It was uncomfortable and the head would often get blisters. I probably did it the wrong way..

Dr. Solomon uses a “weighted condom” of some kind. Not sure what that means..
However, you have to wear it for 6 hours every single day for 6 months…
It’s to avoid scar tissue from forming..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream