PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement


Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Considering Belladerm--please advise

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1301788958

Skeptical One wrote:
You are citing Dr. Elist, arguably the least popular American doctor who performs Phalloplasty. His procedure has yielded a 100% dissatisfaction rate among reporting members (that\'s pretty bad), many with major complications. What could he possibly know about the efficacy of other procedures? Please cite something more credible in the future, thanks.


i never put that link in for elist intending to prop him up...just more info, one of the few with some web info back then. But you are right... quoting or citing anything which looks credible nowadays is iffy at best. Anyway, years later, same crap... trying to figure out how to cut the cord. If only we could go back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036784

richard wrote: I understand your point of view and agree with you. My point was when your making an important medical decision you need to research your medical facts. Because so much plays in to the personality of the person and how they react to some thing. Many times whether your talking about heart, cancer, plastic, surgery,etc, it is negative people who take the time to post. I had the experience w my prostrate cancer and found three fourths what I read was a bunch of crap.'


In my experience of researching PE, which is pretty vast, I can tell you that other peoples opinions and views are an invaluable resource. Medical facts can be translated or presented in different ways, so third party perspective is therefore incredibly helpful. But aside from that, there isn\'t exactly much in the way of useful information regarding PE procedures in the medical literature, so the opinions, views and experiences of others should be a key part of the decision making process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036712

I understand your point of view and agree with you. My point was when your making an important medical decision you need to research your medical facts. Because so much plays in to the personality of the person and how they react to some thing. Many times whether your talking about heart, cancer, plastic, surgery,etc, it is negative people who take the time to post. I had the experience w my prostrate cancer and found three fourths what I read was a bunch of crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036630

richard wrote: Hoddle10Just a question- If a man feels the need to increase his Girth or length, is it your feeling that he should not proceed?


If there were consistently reliable and safe methods to increase the length and Girth, then in most cases I\'d advise him to as he pleases. However, things aren\'t that simple as the current techniques have a very poor track record and the consequences of a bad result can be utterly devastating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036604

Maximus wrote: Hoddle, why so dismissive of someone who has had the surgery (richard) and has firsthand experience?


I wouldn\'t be dismissive he was talking about his surgical experience, but that wasn\'t the case. Suggesting you shouldn\'t pay attention to others opinions is quite frankly absurd. As is suggesting other peoples views should be taken very lightly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036569

Hoddle10Just a question- If a man feels the need to increase his Girth or length, is it your feeling that he should not proceed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036515

Hoddle, why so dismissive of someone who has had the surgery (richard) and has firsthand experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036232

richard wrote: Every person should ' make their own mind up in relationship of having any procedures done..They should pay no attention to others opinions. Each procedure has it positives and negatives. Reading ' the negative statements are only one persons view, and we know they 'should be taken very lightly... '


Utter rubbish!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274036190

Every person should make their own mind up in relationship of having any procedures done..They should pay no attention to others opinions. Each procedure has it positives and negatives. Reading the negative statements are only one persons view, and we know they should be taken very lightly...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274035871

Maximus,

Rosenthal likely does perform many procedures.' The reason he does not publish is because long term results are very bad.'' As Hoddle mentioned FDA approval is a non factor.'' PMMA is NOT safer.' The company that developed artefil went bankrupt ! Many doctors outside the US/Europe get the filler from low cost suppliers in mainland China.' Read the reviews where people where injected more than 3 years ago in the butt and you will witness many horror stories about pain and granulomas.'' ditto for guys injected in the penis in Brazil.

Do not be foolish and compare Belladerm with breast enhancement.'' One has and excellent safety record while the other is terrible.'' I know guys who developed ED, peyronies, and others who have to urinate with a Catheter because they made the mistake of convincing themselves they needed to have Girth enhancement.

It is human nature to focus on the upside but turn a blind eye to the possible disastrous results of a botched surgery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274035671

I will never understand why some women would tell their partners they had \"bigger ones\" with previous men when they are in a committed relationship (knowing for a fact it will hurt their man\'s feelings forever)! It is like telling your wife she is fat...she will never forget nor forgive you. If you were asked by your wife/GF if you had a tighter pussy in your previous relationships, what would your answer be? I hate lying, but there are very few instances where lying is preferred to save your partner\'s feelings....For some reason, some women decide to be honest at the wrong time.

Women who had vaginal births are at a lot lower risk with vaginal tightening surgery than men with surgical PE such as implant, Alloderm or Belladerm, and the cost is almost the same if not cheaper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274035359

I\'m not married, but if I was I\'d support my wife if she wanted a boob job because of the safety track record of the procedure. However, if I was a woman, i\'d never support my husband having any sort of penis enhancement, unless we felt it absolutely necessary for his mental well being. This is because the track record of these procedures is appalling.


The key to making a good decision with these types of procedures is not to allow yourself to think in an illogical way on order to come the conclusion that the decision you want to make is the right one. We are nearly all guilty of doing this and I have done so myself, much to my regret. Hence I understand why you\'d say to yourself lack of FDA approval is the reason so few do these procedures, but really if you think about it, is that in line with your perception of how the cosmetic surgery industry works?

The reason so few Dr\'s don\'t do it has nothing to do with FDA approval. You don\'t need FDA approval, as thousands of FDA approved products are used in off label procedures. I always find it odd when people genuinely believe that Dr\'s in the US don\'t do PMMA as it isn\'t FDA approved. See how many change their minds the moment the Artefil patent runs out! Btw don\'t get PMMA either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274035184

Thanks SO and Hoddle, for the prompt feedback. Good point about few PE surgeons but my sense is that this is at least in part due to the lack of FDA approval. Still a great point to consider nonetheless.

By the way, if Rosenthal performs 6 surgeries per week (as stated on the Dr Drew show, and consistent with him telling me that he has done >5000 allo/Bella surgeries over 20 yrs), why doesn\'t he publish the comprehensive results in a medical journal? Is it likely that the number of procedures is significantly exaggerated?

Hoddle, I have discussed this extensively with my wife and while she\'s not in favor of the idea, she is supportive. Perhaps because she is having breast enlargement at the end of the year

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274035020

hoddle10 wrote: You should ask Dr Rosenthal why only 5 surgeons in the entire US do these surgeries given the massive demand. Over 4000 plastic surgeons perform boob jobs, so why do so few choose to do penis enlargement?

That\'s actually a good question. Seriously, you should ask him Maximus.
And as for PMMA, well your best bet is to continue reading and draw your own conclusions. I can\'t argue with the desire for wanting a \"snugger fit,\" heck, much of my desire to gain Girth (other than simply attaining normalcy) is to finally feel \"some snugness\" when having sex. Our Moderator M7 can relate, as his decision to entertain Girth enhancement was similar to yours (his background is much different, however, and he\'s had to deal with Peyronie\'s for much of his latter adult life).
Hoddle makes a good point too...when undergoing Phalloplasty, many times you are putting the very sexual function of your penis at jeopardy. So weighing out the pros & cons are huge! Whatever it is you decide to do in the end, be sure you do so as an informed decision maker. It also wouldn\'t hurt to speak to your wife about it, at least in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Considering Belladerm--please advise 10 years 5 months ago #1274034838

Don\'t have surgery. You are happily married and there is no point risking your future in pursuit of vanity.

You should ask Dr Rosenthal why only 5 surgeons in the entire US do these surgeries given the massive demand. Over 4000 plastic surgeons perform boob jobs, so why do so few choose to do penis enlargement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.