PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside)

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704712

• Onyxrain
  • Onyxrain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All,

Originally, I was looking at getting enhancement done with Dr. Malik in Atlanta. Thanks to the board, I decided that I would look into another method. Dr. Malik calls his technique the Prometheus method, but it’s along the lines of Dr. Loria’s procedure using some form of silicon, from what I understand. After researching the information available here, I began looking into Hyaluronic Acid (HA).

Made the call to Dr. Morganstern’s office and three weeks later, I had an in-person consultation. This took place yesterday, Friday August 6th. Staff was nice and answered any questions I had. I sat with Dan, who works for the clinic and he answered most of my questions as Dr. Carney was running late (I think performing surgery at the hospital).

After my consultation with both Dan and Dr. Carney, I decided that I was going to go with the Girth enhancement but I’m realizing now that they have a non-surgical option for width and a length, so I need to ask about that, as I’m not sure how the procedure differs from just the width enhancement.

The staff was gone by the time I finished with Dr. Carney so I couldn’t talk cost, financing and scheduling but I plan to speak to them first thing Monday morning to discuss my options and finally take the plunge. I’ll be documenting my progress here.

I’m really hoping that things turn out well, resulting in a more confident me, while allowing me to bring immense pleasure and satisfaction to my partner(s). Wish me luck guys!
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Onyxrain. Reason: Added pics

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta 2 years 8 months ago #1308704713

• Onyxrain
Can anyone tell me how I can add my stats as a footer so that it appears with my messages?

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta 2 years 8 months ago #1308704714

Onyxrain wrote: Can anyone tell me how I can add my stats as a footer so that it appears with my messages?

Select the "PROFILE" tab then find the "Edit" button. Much easier to do on PC, I'll see if I can make it just as convenient on mobile since most of you do surf this site this way.

Coincidentally my last post was recommending a former Loria patient to Dr. Carney to examine potential complications of silicone injection. You made the right choice to steer clear of that (silicone), and Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is generally regarded as the safest filler option (relatively speaking). Good luck!

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704715

• Onyxrain
Thanks!

Last edit: by Onyxrain. Reason: Photos Inside tag

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704732

• Onyxrain
Well, I had my in-person consultation on Friday. I had all of my questions answered by Dan and Dr. Carney. I just called the front office to discuss scheduling and financing and I’m in for 8/31. I’m excited but I was also a little disheartened that the second procedure will cost just as much as the first. They may need to update their website as I was under the impression that the the additional filler would be included in the price. Website says: “….and the price includes one additional filler / touch-up within the first 12 months after your procedure.” Either way, I’ll be taking the plunge in about three weeks. Will keep you all posted on my progress.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704733

I was just in Atlanta and was able to meet Dr Carney and Dr Morganstern. I had an interesting conversation with both of them. I would say Dr Carney is the more conservative Doctor with Dr Morganstern being a little more optimistic I don’t know if that’s the right word to use but that’s what comes to mind. I had a prior FFT done many years ago and I lost over 50% of it and wanted to talk to them about doing that procedure, unfortunately Dr Carney said that because of my age (early 60’s) that it would not give a favorable result. This was disappointing to me because it’s uneven and it doesn’t have a smooth look. Putting a filler is complicated for me because what ever I use has to mix well with the fat, which is why I would not get PMMA. I spoke to Dr Carney about fillers and he said that HA Voluma is his preferred. It lasts about 2 years. He found Fat to be a tricky filler which depends on blood flow and the quality of the fat. We also talked about Ellanse and Dr Carney was not a big fan. He feels it has a rubbery feel and you can tell you have a filler and also is more prone to lump then HA. I have to go back there in a few weeks and get an ultrasound because they think I may have plaque and I want to take care of that before I get any fillers.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704735

• Onyxrain
Your wording made sense. I didn’t get an opportunity to meet Dr. Morganstern but I got that sense also, from certain comments/statements made. I asked about the glans enhancement and the answer I got implied that there was a difference in opinion between Carney and Morganstern about the viability of that procedure.

FFT was originally offered as an option when I had a phone consultation but I decided against it, after researching it. In fact, I feel like I got confirmation because the doctor and his assistant seemed to think that it wasn’t the best option.

I hope you find a solution that works well for you. Sounds like the HA might be it. Easily reversible as well.

Good luck to you!

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704736

Thanks Onyxrain. It’s funny HA was last on my list and now its maybe # 1. I just talked to another clinic where it is further pushing me in that direction. I will post on that later tonight.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704745

eddieb wrote: I was just in Atlanta and was able to meet Dr Carney and Dr Morganstern. I had an interesting conversation with both of them. I would say Dr Carney is the more conservative Doctor with Dr Morganstern being a little more optimistic I don’t know if that’s the right word to use but that’s what comes to mind. I had a prior FFT done many years ago and I lost over 50% of it and wanted to talk to them about doing that procedure, unfortunately Dr Carney said that because of my age (early 60’s) that it would not give a favorable result. This was disappointing to me because it’s uneven and it doesn’t have a smooth look. Putting a filler is complicated for me because what ever I use has to mix well with the fat, which is why I would not get PMMA. I spoke to Dr Carney about fillers and he said that HA Voluma is his preferred. It lasts about 2 years. He found Fat to be a tricky filler which depends on blood flow and the quality of the fat. We also talked about Ellanse and Dr Carney was not a big fan. He feels it has a rubbery feel and you can tell you have a filler and also is more prone to lump then HA. I have to go back there in a few weeks and get an ultrasound because they think I may have plaque and I want to take care of that before I get any fillers.

I love Dr Carney but I will say one thing - I think these physicians gauge the look and feel of these fillers immediately after the procedure and it’s really not fair to gauge the final outcome until after a few months. They shouldn’t do the before and after pics until a few months out because things change dramatically. My $.02

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704746

A few observations made from recent comments in this thread:

I definitely admire Dr. Carney's candidness and "medically-conservative" approach, and I believe he's performed enough procedures & corrections (stemming from other clinic's work) to formulate a very credible opinion on all-matters Phalloplasty. As for his observation with Ellanse, he isn't wrong about the contour irregularities, but I would caution readers to note that it was a matter of professional opinion, and not a condemnation of the filler itself (heck, he's injected Ellanse prior to the FDA stating that it must be halted till trials are complete).

You see, all dermal fillers that require significant collagen production (i.e. PMMA, Ellanse, and Radiesse) means there is an element of unpredictability in how that collagen may develop patient-to-patient; sure, much of this can be mitigated with proper injection technique, but there is always variability with the collagen. Also, it's difficult to know how rigorous each patient will follow post-op protocol, which too can lead to aesthetic irregularities. The "rubbery" feel is there (especially in larger volumes/multiple sessions), but is only detectable by those who know it's already inside of you, like you and your doctor (never has anyone here reported that a partner complained about a rubbery shaft). Like PMMA, the added collagen thickens the skin, hence the "rubbery" feel when pinched. As someone who has some of the thickest skin via dermal fillers, I can tell you that I have had zero suspicion among double-digit partners.

As for their website's clarification on costs & procedures, I forwarded the feedback directly to their Offices and hope they'll provide some updates.

Lastly, the idea of posting "After" photos months later is a bit challenging. You'll find that no Clinic publishes Before & After's outside a clinical setting, and that explains why the "after" photos are immediately post-op. Trying to ask your patients to send you Dick pics from the comfort of their homes to publish online is both unprofessional and unscientific. Furthermore, if a patient comes in for a second round, that Clinical picture effectively becomes a "Before" photo. That's precisely why this forum's Progress Report section is so useful, it provides insight to would-be patients on more realistic, long-term expectations.

As for gauging long-term "after" results, these doctors do in-fact have a good grasp because many times these patients come in for a second round, meaning the doctor gets to examine his or her work long-term; also, I'm certain some patients send photos to their practitioner over months & years, and this site remains an invaluable source for comparison as well. In other words, most of these physicians are pretty familiar with the "final outcomes."

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704751

• Onyxrain
Thanks for forwarding the concern to them. When I brought up something else that I read on the website, they pretty much indicated that some of that info was a bit outdated.

Skeptical_One wrote: A few observations made from recent comments in this thread:

I definitely admire Dr. Carney's candidness and "medically-conservative" approach, and I believe he's performed enough procedures & corrections (stemming from other clinic's work) to formulate a very credible opinion on all-matters Phalloplasty. As for his observation with Ellanse, he isn't wrong about the contour irregularities, but I would caution readers to note that it was a matter of professional opinion, and not a condemnation of the filler itself (heck, he's injected Ellanse prior to the FDA stating that it must be halted till trials are complete).

You see, all dermal fillers that require significant collagen production (i.e. PMMA, Ellanse, and Radiesse) means there is an element of unpredictability in how that collagen may develop patient-to-patient; sure, much of this can be mitigated with proper injection technique, but there is always variability with the collagen. Also, it's difficult to know how rigorous each patient will follow post-op protocol, which too can lead to aesthetic irregularities. The "rubbery" feel is there (especially in larger volumes/multiple sessions), but is only detectable by those who know it's already inside of you, like you and your doctor (never has anyone here reported that a partner complained about a rubbery shaft). Like PMMA, the added collagen thickens the skin, hence the "rubbery" feel when pinched. As someone who has some of the thickest skin via dermal fillers, I can tell you that I have had zero suspicion among double-digit partners.

As for their website's clarification on costs & procedures, I forwarded the feedback directly to their Offices and hope they'll provide some updates.

Lastly, the idea of posting "After" photos months later is a bit challenging. You'll find that no Clinic publishes Before & After's outside a clinical setting, and that explains why the "after" photos are immediately post-op. Trying to ask your patients to send you Dick pics from the comfort of their homes to publish online is both unprofessional and unscientific. Furthermore, if a patient comes in for a second round, that Clinical picture effectively becomes a "Before" photo. That's precisely why this forum's Progress Report section is so useful, it provides insight to would-be patients on more realistic, long-term expectations.

As for gauging long-term "after" results, these doctors do in-fact have a good grasp because many times these patients come in for a second round, meaning the doctor gets to examine his or her work long-term; also, I'm certain some patients send photos to their practitioner over months & years, and this site remains an invaluable source for comparison as well. In other words, most of these physicians are pretty familiar with the "final outcomes."

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704754

Skeptical_One wrote: A few observations made from recent comments in this thread:

Every provider (AD, Morganstern, Androfill, etc) has before and after photos on their website. Those photos are taken immediately after the procedure and are not indicative of the final outcome. I’m not suggesting the doctors have patients send them Dick pics I’m simply stating that one shouldn’t base his expectations on those photos. Your Dick will not look like those “after” pictures 6 weeks after your procedure. One will get a much better idea of realistic expectations from progress pics they see on this board. I would say the same for the feel of the fillers. I trust the hundreds of members of this forum to give honest feedback on the feel of their penis over the physicians who see them 3 times at most. Brass tacks - this forum is invaluable for setting expectations. I relied on the feedback here to make my decision and it led me down the right path.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704846

• Onyxrain
Well, I’m booked for 8/31. Made my painful payment today. Lol. Hope it’s a worthwhile investment.

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704848

You Circumcised?

HA with Morganstern Clinic in Atlanta (Photos Inside) 2 years 8 months ago #1308704850

• Onyxrain
Yes, I’m Circumcised. Also, Flaccid length is 4” Flaccid Girth is 4”. Erect length is about 5.75” but it’s a little curved so it’s hard to measure accurately. Erect Girth is about 5”.

Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream