PhalloBoards - An Online Community to discuss Phalloplasty


Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideal size

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285571849

hoddle10 wrote: If Dr C contributes, then we\'d no longer be considered impartial. The benefit Dr C gets from the site has seemed unfair to me for a while, but there is nothing we can do about it. As tempting as it would be to take money from him or other Dr\'s, it would go against the exact reason the forum was originally created. We\'d become another MyNewSize.

Members should pay for the upkeep, ironically as they do on Thundersplace. Why should SO pay for it?

@dcpimpin, cancel your procedure with Dr Egydio. You need psychiatric help, not another penis procedure. Your therapist needs to refer you to someone with more experience dealing with issues like yours. Also please refrain from using the word \"gay\" as a derogatory term. It\'s 2015, not 1015.


I didn\'t look at it like that hoddle.

But if you look at other forums that have advertising they pay a fee for the banner to be on the site, even if it\'s competing with other companies. Possible advertising space should be considered, it\'s not Dr c\'s fault (it really is) that he\'s so good and we almost exclusively use him. But it wouldn\'t hurt to consider advertising.

I plan on donating this month if any of you lurkers out there are reading this. This site helps so many make informed decisions it shouldn\'t be a big deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285572242

  • 's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I don\'t get why it should be a big deal to contribute some voluntarily fee to keep this ads-free. Questions like \'nobody knows where the money goes....\' are laughable and out right mean. Even if the founder(s) of this forum made a few quit which I doubt as I was a member of another pet forum which simply closed down because those 1000 members would not send a penny, then let him/them have it. They had the idea and spend their private time on running the forum. These were my two cents...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285574186

hoddle10 wrote: If Dr C contributes, then we\'d no longer be considered impartial. The benefit Dr C gets from the site has seemed unfair to me for a while, but there is nothing we can do about it. As tempting as it would be to take money from him or other Dr\'s, it would go against the exact reason the forum was originally created. We\'d become another MyNewSize.

Members should pay for the upkeep, ironically as they do on Thundersplace. Why should SO pay for it?

@dcpimpin, cancel your procedure with Dr Egydio. You need psychiatric help, not another penis procedure. Your therapist needs to refer you to someone with more experience dealing with issues like yours. Also please refrain from using the word \"gay\" as a derogatory term. It\'s 2015, not 1015.


You know hoddle I have a lot of respect for you because I admire how you contribute all the work u do in this forum. You do a heck of a good job here. and you know respect is not something given is earned. and I think you have earned most of all our respect as a moderator. and I value your advice and trust me I take ur words very serious. I think you are one of the best moderators of this forum. and in the future if I ever donate to this site I would want some of my donation to go to u as well. because I feel like u should get something for all the hard work u do around here. and that is real talk. im not trying to kiss no body\'s ass when I say that because im not that type of person. I say things how I feel. with that said I would like to apologize to anybody who got offended when I said they are acting gay. I didn\'t say that to offend the gay community or anything. when I said that I meant it sucks the way they are acting blocking threads and progress report because not everyone may have the funds to donate or maybe they are saving for their procedure. I understand is not fair skeptical should run the bill all to him self. but the other sites like thunderplace they don\'t block the threads if u don\'t donate. they ask for donations but they leave it upto the people\'s choice if they decide to donate or not. they don\'t lock it like on here. I feel like when u create a site like this there are some baggage that comes with it. and one baggage is someone has to carry the bill of the site. If skeptical cant run the site no more he should atleast ask all the fellow members to vote on what they would prefere a forum with ads or make a donation. I my self wouldn\'t mind a forum with ads. I know its annoying sometimes but hey if that pays the bills then why not.

Now as far as affiliation with dr c I don\'t want to dig dipper in the issue but I talked to a member on here that was a vet and he was good friends with a former moderator back on the other site. This moderator was also a very good moderator like hoddle. he went out of his way for the forum but then there was something he found out about dr c and this forum that disappointed him so much that he ended up leaving the forum. im not going to name any names because I respect everyone\'s privacy and I don\'t know how true this might be but if it is I guess we will never find out. I also want to apologize for my comments last night because I was drunk and maybe I was out of line. but u know what they say about drunk people always tell the truth. so I just said how I felt inside so now that is out of my system I can move on. I want to wish everyone a happy new year and hope everything works out for everyone on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285574538

dcpimpin12 wrote:

hoddle10 wrote: If Dr C contributes, then we\'d no longer be considered impartial. The benefit Dr C gets from the site has seemed unfair to me for a while, but there is nothing we can do about it. As tempting as it would be to take money from him or other Dr\'s, it would go against the exact reason the forum was originally created. We\'d become another MyNewSize.

Members should pay for the upkeep, ironically as they do on Thundersplace. Why should SO pay for it?

@dcpimpin, cancel your procedure with Dr Egydio. You need psychiatric help, not another penis procedure. Your therapist needs to refer you to someone with more experience dealing with issues like yours. Also please refrain from using the word \"gay\" as a derogatory term. It\'s 2015, not 1015.


You know hoddle I have a lot of respect for you because I admire how you contribute all the work u do in this forum. You do a heck of a good job here. and you know respect is not something given is earned. and I think you have earned most of all our respect as a moderator. and I value your advice and trust me I take ur words very serious. I think you are one of the best moderators of this forum. and in the future if I ever donate to this site I would want some of my donation to go to u as well. because I feel like u should get something for all the hard work u do around here. and that is real talk. im not trying to kiss no body\'s ass when I say that because im not that type of person. I say things how I feel. with that said I would like to apologize to anybody who got offended when I said they are acting gay. I didn\'t say that to offend the gay community or anything. when I said that I meant it sucks the way they are acting blocking threads and progress report because not everyone may have the funds to donate or maybe they are saving for their procedure. I understand is not fair skeptical should run the bill all to him self. but the other sites like thunderplace they don\'t block the threads if u don\'t donate. they ask for donations but they leave it upto the people\'s choice if they decide to donate or not. they don\'t lock it like on here. I feel like when u create a site like this there are some baggage that comes with it. and one baggage is someone has to carry the bill of the site. If skeptical cant run the site no more he should atleast ask all the fellow members to vote on what they would prefere a forum with ads or make a donation. I my self wouldn\'t mind a forum with ads. I know its annoying sometimes but hey if that pays the bills then why not.

Now as far as affiliation with dr c I don\'t want to dig dipper in the issue but I talked to a member on here that was a vet and he was good friends with a former moderator back on the other site. This moderator was also a very good moderator like hoddle. he went out of his way for the forum but then there was something he found out about dr c and this forum that disappointed him so much that he ended up leaving the forum. im not going to name any names because I respect everyone\'s privacy and I don\'t know how true this might be but if it is I guess we will never find out. I also want to apologize for my comments last night because I was drunk and maybe I was out of line. but u know what they say about drunk people always tell the truth. so I just said how I felt inside so now that is out of my system I can move on. I want to wish everyone a happy new year and hope everything works out for everyone on here.


Thundersplace has 240,000 members! You can\'t even begin to compare the situation over there with ours. You don\'t seem to understand that SO has often paid for this site to stay online out of his own pocket! That means he goes to work and earns money so people like you can read the forum, for free. I really like Thundersplace and Thunder himself is a good dude, but if you think he\'d pay for the forum himself you are deluded. He has the same stance against advertising we have. Advertisers or sponsors don\'t want impartial reviews, hence sites that accept them end up like Mattersofsize.

If we had 240,000 members then I\'m sure we\'d easily be able to raise the money to keep the site on line, but we don\'t, so measures need to be taken to \"encourage\" members to donate. I\'d say I contribute as much as anyone to this site and have taken nothing from it, as I haven\'t had a procedure since the sites inception. Yet I\'ve donated twice. I even gave up my anonymity to do so. I didn\'t do this out of any sense of duty, as I have zero. I did it because it\'s totally unfair that SO should pay for this site, when he gains nothing from it. He\'s had his procedure, so like many of our past members he could easily disappear and let the site go off line.

The blackout doesn\'t force people to donate, but is there so people understand just how valuable a resource this forum is to them and what it would be like if we had to close down permanently.

As for your final paragraph, I implore you to name names. The only Mod who has ever left the forum is EP and he loves Dr C and is close friends with 2 of the Mods in real life. All the other Mods are still here, so whoever told you that is lying. Why don\'t you say who told you it, who he said the Mod was and ask him to contribute to this thread. Is suspect he wont, as whoever it is, is a plain liar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285574740

Dcpimpin, with regards to your last paragraph, I kindly remind you of R3 of our forum:

R3.) Maintain mature and respectful dialog: Insults, offensive innuendos, excessive use of sarcasm, condescension, internet trolling, unfounded allegations/accusations/rumors, and the demeaning of others are all in violation of this rule and are subject to warning and/or suspension. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. This rule also applies to bickering: a situation where neither party is outright insulting each other but is constantly increasing the tension of a thread while steering the topic off course.

As you can read, unfounded allegations are in breach of our rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285576887

dcpimpin12
You say that you don\'t want to name names because you respect everybody\'s privacy and you aren\'t sure if it\'s true or not...But you openly slander our site, and accuse us of the very things this site was created to prevent...If we were the type of site that would censor or have something to hide, why is it that this thread is still visible?
There are a lot of things I really wish to say but the forum rules prevent me to do so...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285577750

I\'m a bit disheartened that a member who has gained so much (both information and community support) would not only suggest he\'s entitled to a \"free\" forum that I have to pay for indefinitely, but that there is some sort of business affiliation with another doctor??? I think the forum speaks for itself, and although I don\'t think it\'s right to have to defend it, but I should at least address the only \"fact\" you have. Does Dr. C refer patients to this site? He probably does (?), but why wouldn\'t he??? If I were in his shoes and knew over 100 reporting patients were on here with mostly positive things to say, I\'d refer it too. How does that amount to affiliation? And furthermore, why in the world would this forum need donations if it was owned & operated by Dr. C? The extra revenue would not nearly justify the risk of getting caught and losing credibility. Use your head man, think!!!

I\'m sorry you feel that way dcpimpin. I would like to ask, however, the name of the member who made the suggestion regarding the mystery Moderator. The information you were given was false. And as pointed out by the previous Moderators, it\'s only right you are up front with us...it\'s the least you could do for having a \"free\" forum up to now.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285601329

Hrm, so are the other threads only blocked to non-donators? I only ask since I had donated awhile ago and still don\'t see the main bulk of the threads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285604176

Not to throw you under the bus dcpimpin12, but when you consider all the info you have received here AND all the money you are spending on procedures ($17k for this next one). Would it really kill you to donate $50 or more to this site? I\'m having a hard time understanding why you would expect it to be free???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285604331

I\'ll donate for him if he posts the name of the \"member on here that was a vet and he was good friends with a former moderator.\"

I\'m aware of all the Mods we\'ve had and the reasons why some have stopped participating. None have anything to do with PE related stuff, but simply moving on in life.

Or DC, why don\'t you PM this vet and ask him to come and post in this thread? If he\'s telling the truth then there wont be a problem with there.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285605582

I\'m sure dcpimpin just misunderstood his conversations (or I hope). However, I\'m glad that the issue of Dr. C and this forum was brought up, as it\'s a question that we all should have had at some point during our due diligence of the PMMA procedure. As most of us know, if you Google PMMA and penis, this is pretty much the only website that comes up. So, it may be a healthly thing to revisit this issue now and then.

With that said, I\'m comfortable with the objectivity of this forum, and believe that any mention of this website by Dr. C is only because there is a lot of information here that will benefit his patients. Not all reports are positive; there are positive reviews for other competing doctors; and critical discussions are plentiful. So, I\'d be very, very surprised to hear that something was fishy going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285605647

sfdude wrote: I\'m sure dcpimpin just misunderstood his conversations (or I hope). However, I\'m glad that the issue of Dr. C and this forum was brought up, as it\'s a question that we all should have had at some point during our due diligence of the PMMA procedure. As most of us know, if you Google PMMA and penis, this is pretty much the only website that comes up. So, it may be a healthly thing to revisit this issue now and then. With that said, I\'m comfortable with the objectivity of this forum, and believe that any mention of this website by Dr. C is only because there is a lot of information here that will benefit his patients. Not all reports are positive; there are positive reviews for other competing doctors; and critical discussions are plentiful. So, I\'d be very, very surprised to hear that something was fishy going on.


I\'m fairly certain he didn\'t, as I\'m fairly sure I know who he is talking about, as several times in the past I\'ve been tipped off a certain member has been saying similar things. But no one ever mentioned it on the forum before, so it wasn\'t a big deal to me. I can\'t see why DC can\'t just name and tell him about this thread so he can come and explain himself.

His name begins with \"b\" right DC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285606780

dared3vil wrote: Hrm, so are the other threads only blocked to non-donators? I only ask since I had donated awhile ago and still don\'t see the main bulk of the threads.


Dared3vil, donors should have full & permanent access. I\'ve PMed you, please check your inbox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285606880

martyhurt wrote: Not to throw you under the bus dcpimpin12, but when you consider all the info you have received here AND all the money you are spending on procedures ($17k for this next one). Would it really kill you to donate $50 or more to this site? I\'m having a hard time understanding why you would expect it to be free???


One does not have to donate $50. With the other donation method available (Google Wallet), one could donate as little as $10. But your point is a valid one Martyhurt, regardless of the donation sum, most people who are seriously considering Phalloplasty are also seriously considering the expenditure of many thousands of dollars. Many times their decision is based largely on the info & evidence gathered through this forum. How do you put a price tag on that? I don\'t put a price tag, that\'s why I simply ask for donations of any size...whatever you see fit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideal size 7 years 7 months ago #1285660800

There are many good points being raised here.

1. Yes, the vast majority of the PMMA related posts are regarding Dr. C. The majority of them are, for the most part, positive. There are also many that report negative outcomes. I think that anyone who takes the time to read the posts will notice that nobody has ever told anyone to go blindly into this, regardless of the chosen doctor. People are always urged to do their own research, find out information for themselves and understand everything before biting the bullet.

2. There seems to be a rampant sense of entitlement. It is either that or chosen obliviousness that the site doesn\'t run for free. I, and plenty of others, have received loads of priceless information, support and camaraderie. As others have pointed out, if you can afford a procedure, you can afford to support the forum that supports you.

I do not think that many people know or understand the purpose of this site or the incidents that actually lead to its creation. On one side of the coin that is a good thing; they did not experience MNS and everything that went along with it. SO is not making a living off this site. For someone to think that he should have to provide all the funding for the site because he created it... well, that is ridiculous. I have very little patience for people who take this stance and then get mad when they cannot access portions of the site. There are two simple ways to approach a fix to that: make a donation, no matter how nominal or go find another site with the information, research and support as this one. oh, wait.... I guess there is really only one fix.

SO has been very gracious since day one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.