PhalloBoards - An Online Community to discuss Phalloplasty


Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308704816

The sheer detail and information provided in the link below is some of the best I've seen in a patient review outside this site, and the quality photos inside do not require a PhalloBoards paywall to see.


Dr. Shafer patient:

eyelevelreviews.com/penis-girth-enlargement/

(more info: www.shaferplasticsurgery.com/male-proced...y/penis-enhancement/ )

Separately, his Forum Q&A, which will be updated periodically with answers straight from the Board Certified Surgeon himself! --> Dr. Shafer Community Q&A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 10 months 1 week ago #1308704878

Wow a great post for anyone considering HA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 2 weeks ago #1308705091

Is there a difference between Juvederm Voluma thar Androfill uses versus the Juvedefm Voluma XC that Shafer uses as mentioned in that article? I've read that the XC just stands for lidocaine, but is there any other difference (eg thickness). I would wonder if his penis feels really spongey after 42CCs of voluma. I have about 15 to 20 CCs of voluma remaining in me at this point probably (did it 4 years ago , so taking into account voluma degradation already) and I was considering topping up with Ultra Deep Teosyal to get a harder firmer result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 2 weeks ago #1308705138

There are a number of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) formulations, made distinct by their trade/brand name. I think we'll know in the coming years, especially in light of HA's recent popularity as to which products represent the best option for penile augmentation.

As for the difference between different versions of the same brand - I can find that out for you, and I suspect some of it has to do with the lidocaine and not likely anything to do with how much more "gain" you'll get.

A lot of factors are at play with which filler a Doctor uses, include personal & professional preference, availability, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 1 week ago #1308705240

OmeGa_5_705 wrote: Is there a difference between Juvederm Voluma thar Androfill uses versus the Juvedefm Voluma XC that Shafer uses as mentioned in that article? I've read that the XC just stands for lidocaine, but is there any other difference (eg thickness). I would wonder if his penis feels really spongey after 42CCs of voluma. I have about 15 to 20 CCs of voluma remaining in me at this point probably (did it 4 years ago , so taking into account voluma degradation already) and I was considering topping up with Ultra Deep Teosyal to get a harder firmer result.


Did you say you still have some product left after doing it 4 years ago? Isn't it only supposed to last a year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 1 week ago #1308705241

wolfpacker wrote:

OmeGa_5_705 wrote: Is there a difference between Juvederm Voluma thar Androfill uses versus the Juvedefm Voluma XC that Shafer uses as mentioned in that article? I've read that the XC just stands for lidocaine, but is there any other difference (eg thickness). I would wonder if his penis feels really spongey after 42CCs of voluma. I have about 15 to 20 CCs of voluma remaining in me at this point probably (did it 4 years ago , so taking into account voluma degradation already) and I was considering topping up with Ultra Deep Teosyal to get a harder firmer result.


Did you say you still have some product left after doing it 4 years ago? Isn't it only supposed to last a year?


I've seen more and more evidence that HA in the penis can last well beyond a year. I've had Sponsors report that returning patients have retained HA for as even as long as 2-3 years. Granted, you'll likely see some dissipation during that time requiring an inevitable top-off, but it seems like HA is very much a viable "medium-term" filler (something I've never coined before until this post), whereas I used to consider it a "short-term" filler. This is especially good news for HA given that it has arguably the best safety profile among all the filler options.

I wonder if the process by which Hyaluronic Acid (HA) dissipates works differently (or at a different pace) in the area the product is injected (i.e. layer of skin) : penis versus face. The manufacturer's suggestion is likely based on its use in the face, since most cosmetic clinics use HA for this reason.

I'll see if I can get Dr. Shafer to chime in on the specificity of HA duration in the penis compared to the manufacturer's claims.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 6 days ago #1308705259

@skeptical_one I wrote in a previous post that during my last HA session I bled a lot. Dr Carney said he suspects there is vascularization that takes place with HA. If that’s the case I would assume patients will retain at least some - albeit minimal - permanent gain from HA. Interest to hear opinions from the likes of @dr_oates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 1 day ago #1308705316

  • talinn
  • talinn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 23
  • Thank you received: 3
This is a very in-depth review, but from what I've been able to gather, it's a best-case scenario. And that makes sense, since that is an affiliate site, i.e. the guy who wrote it makes money every time somebody clicks through his link and schedules an appointment with Shafer.

My experience on this board has showed me that there are a lot more potential problems with this procedure than the review touches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by talinn.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 1 day ago #1308705323

talinn wrote: This is a very in-depth review, but from what I've been able to gather, it's a best-case scenario. And that makes sense, since that is an affiliate site, i.e. the guy who wrote it makes money every time somebody clicks through his link and schedules an appointment with Shafer.

My experience on this board has showed me that there are a lot more potential problems with this procedure than the review touches.


Agreed. Yes, the related link is likely incentivized, but it is an authentic experience nonetheless. I relayed this link not at the request of my Sponsor, but because I found it to be that damn good.

This all being said, I implore you to review reports on this site (and on the older 2.0 site) on how viable & efficacious dermal fillers have become for Girth enhancement. The success is in the pudding. We're in the new age.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 9 months 1 day ago #1308705325

  • talinn
  • talinn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 23
  • Thank you received: 3

Skeptical_One wrote:

talinn wrote: This is a very in-depth review, but from what I've been able to gather, it's a best-case scenario. And that makes sense, since that is an affiliate site, i.e. the guy who wrote it makes money every time somebody clicks through his link and schedules an appointment with Shafer.

My experience on this board has showed me that there are a lot more potential problems with this procedure than the review touches.


Agreed. Yes, the related link is likely incentivized, but it is an authentic experience nonetheless. I relayed this link not at the request of my Sponsor, but because I found it to be that damn good.

This all being said, I implore you to review reports on this site (and on the older 2.0 site) on how viable & efficacious dermal fillers have become for Girth enhancement. The success is in the pudding. We're in the new age.


Oh, I totally agree. I think we're very close to getting "the Girth problem solved", which is why I've scheduled HA with Morganstern (Carney, to be exact) in a few weeks, and I'm very excited.

That being said this guy's case is really really a best case scenario. He was in a great spot to benefit from it to begin with (nicely above average length, big head, relatively thin shaft). And he seems to have experienced no real deformations or bumps of any kind.

From what I've been able to tell, massaging out any unevenness is a much bigger part of filler-related success than this review implies. And in this forum I've really seen a LOT of undesirable examples.

In addition, his numbers on improvements are all based on measurements after just a few days' worth of time after the injections. For example he reports an increase from 4.5 to 5.25 with just 10mL, which isn't realistic, but it is when you realize that his Dick was probably still pretty swollen when he measured it (which was the day after his injection). This is confirmed by the fact that after the second 10mL he only reports an increase to 5.5".

General knowledge in this forum seems to indicate that at the slightly-above-average lengths of 6-6.25, you can expect about 0.4" increase in Girth per 10mL, provided you start from a reasonably average point.

My Dick looks almost identical to that guy's Dick (I'm 6" length instead of 6.25", but 4.75" Girth instead of 4.5", and my head is probably the same size) so I think I'm also a good candidate for fillers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308705383

Talin have you had HA done ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308705384

  • talinn
  • talinn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 23
  • Thank you received: 3

beardy07 wrote: Talin have you had HA done ?


Nope, I'll have it done on the 15th!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308705385

Where from mate ???
Are you circumsised?

And what’s your thoughts on results on here with HA you rekon good feedback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 8 months 3 weeks ago #1308705386

  • talinn
  • talinn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 23
  • Thank you received: 3

beardy07 wrote: Where from mate ???
Are you circumsised?

And what’s your thoughts on results on here with HA you rekon good feedback


I'm in NC and going to Morganstern Atlanta for the procedure.

Yeah, I'm Circumcised. Honestly, I am not totally in love with the results I'm seeing here -- I think evenness and shape is more important to me than gaining a lot of Girth.

I'm going to do 10ml - maybe 8ml initially, and a few more mL to even it out. I'm hoping I can go from 4.75" Girth to above 5", which is really all I'm looking for.

At 6" length I'm slightly above average, and I'd like my Girth to be slightly above average too (instead of just average). I think doing a smaller amount (with another small session to even it out) could help me with what I'm looking for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

An Excellent Patient Review of HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Injections 1 month 2 weeks ago #1308707611

I contemplated state side treatments, but they’re not permanent, which puts you on a $$$ hamster wheel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexas