PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Ellanse nightmare

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 week ago #1308697189

Had Ellanse E injected on Sep 10th, 12ml. I was under the impression that I would be injected on the top and sides only. Seemed like a no brainer to me not to inject at the bottom where nodules can cause all kinds of extra problems. But after the procedure, the nasty susprise hit me that I was injected on the underside (is that really how it is always done?). Since that day I have never felt normal without pain or discomfort and only had sex once which was miserable. I dont even want to have sex anymore these days. Besides pain i also have urination problems because the nodules at the bottom are exerting some sort of pressure on the nerves over there making me constantly feel I have to urinate even when I dont.

2 large nodules formed at the bottom which were relentlessly painful. In the following 10 weeks, the doc injected the nodules with 3 rounds of steroids with 5fu, with no results.

After 4 months of suffering, the doc agreed to remove the nodules via surgical excision. Ellanse was cut out on both sides on the 7th of January. The scars are certainly unpleasant but the removals made things better, but not completely. With the Ellanse gone from 2sides, the Ellanse at the bottom center very close to the glans is now acting up and im in relentless pain again. I feel I should have more excision but the existing scars arent pleasant. The doc has suggested that i use DMSO and Tacrolimus ointment on the painful spots.

I would like to know if anyone used DMSO on Ellanse nodules/granulomas and got a positive result. My doc is suggesting and it can soften or shrink Ellanse nodules. Has anyone achieved this? I have read on this forum that some guys had success with DMSO on PMMA but I havent found much on DMSO used on Ellanse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 week ago #1308697191

I had a similar PMMA nightmare. Where did u have this procedure done? I had surgery to remove as much as I could. I only had 10 cc. It’s been a horrible experience for me for sure.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 week ago #1308697192

Private message me if you would like. I can try to help you through this the best I can and give you some pointers. Good luck

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 week ago #1308697197

Thanks Toothman for your reply. I messaged you. I would like to hear from Ellanse users and DMSO users though.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 week ago #1308697200

I'm sorry to hear you had so many troubles with Ellanse. Here is a topic from phalloboards 2.0 regarding nodules and ellanse and there are some possible treatments for them (for example CO2 treatment if you are in the USA and can go to Morganstern Clinic) : phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/for...y-10286433?&trail=15

Could you please share the name of the Dr/Clinic you went to? It would be very useful for other potential users on here. Thanks

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 6 days ago #1308697202

Thanks gg82 for the response. I did go through that topic at PB2.0 previously. I'm in Australia so I can't go to the Morganstern Clinic. I went to the Calibre Clinic in Sydney and the initial injection was done by Dr. Gavin Scriven. The followup surgery was done by Dr. Oates. Unfortunately the CO2 treatment isn't available in Australia, so I can't try it. However, I had 3 rounds for steroid/5fu treatment with no results as I previously mentioned, so not sure how useful CO2 treatments would be. The latest treatment that was suggested is DMSO, which is why I am curious about how other DMSO users felt about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gg82

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 4 days ago #1308697211

It would be really good if @Dr Oats would comment on what type / cause of the nodules.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 4 days ago #1308697212

Do u have pictures of nodules?

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 2 days ago #1308697222

Morphintime wrote: Thanks gg82 for the response. I did go through that topic at PB2.0 previously. I'm in Australia so I can't go to the Morganstern Clinic. I went to the Calibre Clinic in Sydney and the initial injection was done by Dr. Gavin Scriven. The followup surgery was done by Dr. Oates. Unfortunately the CO2 treatment isn't available in Australia, so I can't try it. However, I had 3 rounds for steroid/5fu treatment with no results as I previously mentioned, so not sure how useful CO2 treatments would be. The latest treatment that was suggested is DMSO, which is why I am curious about how other DMSO users felt about it.

I'm going to need to move this topic to the new General Discussion category. This area is ARCHIVED content only, and should have been locked and inaccessible for posting. That's my fault and I'm going to review the back-end & settings before actually migrating this thread to the correct section.

This (ARCHIVED) section is simply a copy & paste of PhalloBoard 2.0's written content, meant to preserve the data in the (unlikely) event 2.0 were to close.

You can resume the discussion WITHIN this post, but just be aware that the entire topic WILL be relocated to the General Discussion forum in the near future.

@ Morphintime

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. I've had PMMA injected in me nearly 9 years ago, and despite it being permanent, it behaves similarly to Ellanse in that it induces collagen growth to produce girth. I have quite the amount of PMMA particles & collagen lining my shaft and a history of nodules of varying sizes (that are 95% resolved over the course of 9 years), and I don't recall it creating the kind of pressure needed to alter functionality...no pressure at all really, just more like "thicker skin." I should reiterate that I have PMMA and I'm drawing observations under the assumption that Ellanse will behave much the same way in the first year or two.

That said, I beg you to get some answers/medical advice on your ailments before trying to self-diagnose --> example: urination caused by "pressure" exerted on nerves by a nodule seems a bit of a stretch (not saying it isn't possible, but I've learned in the past that it's easy to associate new & future complications with a pre-existing one in the same location). Also things like "relentless pain" aren't the conventional complication with dermal fillers so I'm genuinely interested in knowing what is going on and how it can be avoided and/or addressed in the future.

Anyways, at least you opted for what is technically a temporary filler and furthermore, there are still options on the table. My personal opinion --> go get the final excision if it's still causing pain. You can always explain away the scars (injury from childhood, car accident, etc) should anyone ask. If CALIBRE chooses to chime in, they are more than welcome to.

Any chance you're comfortable submitting a photo here? If not, you can send one to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 2 days ago #1308697223

Thanks for your post skeptical one. With regards to the self diagnosing, I have been to the ER with severe pain and they had the regular urination function checked out and did not find anything unusual. It's true that it is only my guess that the urination problems are due to the product exerting pressure on nerves in the area. However, I am not able to think of any other cause of the issue and doctors have have been able to provide any other explanation. Therefore I am only left with my best guess.

In my case, I think the problem isn't really hard nodules, but the fact that my body is unable to tolerate any foreign substance on the underside of my penis. I think the reason for this intolerance is that the underside of my penis has always been very thin and very soft (not to mention very sensitive). Also, my penis tends to retract a lot. Therefore the filler in that region, even if it softens as its supposed to, isn't soft enough relative to the regular skin in that area. Thus I feel like I'm walking around with pebbles in the area. I think the pain is being caused when the penis tries to retract but the filler cannot keep up in terms of flexibility with the surrounding skin, resulting in constant strain on my soft skin in that area. I tried comparing the softness of the product on the underside with the softness of the product at the top and sides. The softness of the product is actually quite the same in both regions. but because the firmness of the surrounding skin in the top and the sides are matching up with that of the Ellanse, the top and sides are not causing any issues for me, while the bottom has become a serious problem. In fact I got nodules at the top which I am happy to keep and actually like. I understand this is not the case for many others, but everyone's physiology is different.

As I mentioned earlier, before the initial injection, I was mistakenly under the impression that people are generally injected on the top and sides only because with the penis I have, I felt it was a no brainer not to inject potentially Nodule forming permanent fillers in the soft underbelly of the penis. If I had known I was going to be injected on the bottom, without even trying it, I would have for sure known to ask the doctor to spare the bottom. In my opinion doctors should make sure to make sure clients are fully informed exactly which areas of the penis the filler will be injected, so that tragedies due to misunderstandings like in my case can be avoided. Whenever I mention this to the doctors at Callibre, they keep telling me that they have injected many guys at the bottom with no issues at all. However, just because many guys don't have an issue with it does not mean no one will. Which is why I think fully informed consent is important. That's not to say I shouldn't have exercised more caution before the injection as well. This was by far the dumbest and most consequential mistake I have ever made in my life, and it's looking like I'll be paying of it for years, if not the rest of my life. For anyone reading this that is thinking about getting Ellanse, I advise you to stick to HA. If you must go for semipermanent, be very careful about getting any product at the bottom because it can fundamentally change how your penis feels, even if you do not suffer like me, you could very much regret it due to changes in sensation. Be particularly careful about getting any in the bottom if your penis retracts a lot.

My latest situation is that I spoke to Dr. Tonks in Canberra about removing the remaining filler at the bottom because it is still causing me relentless pain to the point where I cant concentrate on anything and don't want to get up from bed in the morning. Unfortunately, the remaining product is quite rubbery rather than a hard Nodule and as a result although I can clearly feel it, it was hard for Dr. Tonks to distinguish the product when he examined me. As a result he is not confident that he will be able to find the filler if he opens up that area (although I think if he cuts in the location I can mark, there is no way he can miss it). He is worried that he will just leave me with an unnecessary scar. This means it might be impossible to get it removed, which leaves me with a hopeless state because the pain and discomfort is lifestopping for me. I will try to get an ultrasound done wihch will hopefully clearly show the remaining filler and try returning to Dr. Tonks to see if he changes his mind.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 2 days ago #1308697224

Morphintime wrote: Thanks for your post skeptical one. With regards to the self diagnosing, I have been to the ER with severe pain and they had the regular urination function checked out and did not find anything unusual. It's true that it is only my guess that the urination problems are due to the product exerting pressure on nerves in the area. However, I am not able to think of any other cause of the issue and doctors have have been able to provide any other explanation. Therefore I am only left with my best guess.

In my case, I think the problem isn't really hard nodules, but the fact that my body is unable to tolerate any foreign substance on the underside of my penis. I think the reason for this intolerance is that the underside of my penis has always been very thin and very soft (not to mention very sensitive). Also, my penis tends to retract a lot. Therefore the filler in that region, even if it softens as its supposed to, isn't soft enough relative to the regular skin in that area. Thus I feel like I'm walking around with pebbles in the area. I think the pain is being caused when the penis tries to retract but the filler cannot keep up in terms of flexibility with the surrounding skin, resulting in constant strain on my soft skin in that area. I tried comparing the softness of the product on the underside with the softness of the product at the top and sides. The softness of the product is actually quite the same in both regions. but because the firmness of the surrounding skin in the top and the sides are matching up with that of the Ellanse, the top and sides are not causing any issues for me, while the bottom has become a serious problem. In fact I got nodules at the top which I am happy to keep and actually like. I understand this is not the case for many others, but everyone's physiology is different.

As I mentioned earlier, before the initial injection, I was mistakenly under the impression that people are generally injected on the top and sides only because with the penis I have, I felt it was a no brainer not to inject potentially Nodule forming permanent fillers in the soft underbelly of the penis. If I had known I was going to be injected on the bottom, without even trying it, I would have for sure known to ask the doctor to spare the bottom. In my opinion doctors should make sure to make sure clients are fully informed exactly which areas of the penis the filler will be injected, so that tragedies due to misunderstandings like in my case can be avoided. Whenever I mention this to the doctors at Callibre, they keep telling me that they have injected many guys at the bottom with no issues at all. However, just because many guys don't have an issue with it does not mean no one will. Which is why I think fully informed consent is important. That's not to say I shouldn't have exercised more caution before the injection as well. This was by far the dumbest and most consequential mistake I have ever made in my life, and it's looking like I'll be paying of it for years, if not the rest of my life. For anyone reading this that is thinking about getting Ellanse, I advise you to stick to HA. If you must go for semipermanent, be very careful about getting any product at the bottom because it can fundamentally change how your penis feels, even if you do not suffer like me, you could very much regret it due to changes in sensation. Be particularly careful about getting any in the bottom if your penis retracts a lot.

My latest situation is that I spoke to Dr. Tonks in Canberra about removing the remaining filler at the bottom because it is still causing me relentless pain to the point where I cant concentrate on anything and don't want to get up from bed in the morning. Unfortunately, the remaining product is quite rubbery rather than a hard Nodule and as a result although I can clearly feel it, it was hard for Dr. Tonks to distinguish the product when he examined me. As a result he is not confident that he will be able to find the filler if he opens up that area (although I think if he cuts in the location I can mark, there is no way he can miss it). He is worried that he will just leave me with an unnecessary scar. This means it might be impossible to get it removed, which leaves me with a hopeless state because the pain and discomfort is lifestopping for me. I will try to get an ultrasound done wihch will hopefully clearly show the remaining filler and try returning to Dr. Tonks to see if he changes his mind.

Have you discussed removing the remaining problem areas with Calibre? I'd imagine since they're familiar with both product & injection site, they would at the very least be an essential resource in resolving the situation.

So please help me understand: the pain is a consequence of touching or stimulating problem areas like nodules OR the pain is persistent no matter what you do?

Thoughts on posting a pic or two?

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 2 days ago #1308697225

Dr. Oates is not willing to remove any more filler at this stage and has recommended that I try DMSO and Tacrolimus cream instead. He appears to be of the opinion that these ointments can solve the problem without the need for further scars. I have started to use DMSO. If it ends up working thats great, but I dont think it will solve my issue. My understanding is that DMSO shrinks collagen, but I don't think it has any effect on Ellanse itself. That's actually why I started this thread, to learn about other Ellanse users' experiences with DMSO. The other issue is, even if I could convince Dr. Oates to remove more of the filler, which I doubt I can, He is in Perth, while I'm in Canberra, and at the moment there is an interstate lockdown. So my only option is to try to find a local solution, which is why I tried Dr. Tonks and Dr. Lee in Canberra.

The pain is persistent no matter what I do. stimulating or touching does not make much difference.

With regards to pics, I am not sure I'm comfortable making my pics public at this stage. I do have a pic of the Ellanse that was taken out in the first surgery that I can share if you are interested. What exactly are you looking to learn from the pics though? Maybe I can describe what you are hoping to observe in the pics.

Last edit: by Morphintime.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 day ago #1308697226

Morphintime wrote: What exactly are you looking to learn from the pics though? Maybe I can describe what you are hoping to observe in the pics.

You've (presumably) come to the forum for insight or guidance, and I think if you're expecting to get sound advice, you'll want to provide as much information as possible, including photos (this is aesthetic medicine after all). Also, given that the nature of your complications are uncommon & unusual, photos would be even more important to share.

You have to remember the Community here has been looking at both desirable & undesirable results for nearly a decade, "what we're looking for" isn't always clear, but once we have it (a picture) in front of us, it can sometimes help paint a bigger picture. I hope you have my understanding.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 day ago #1308697227

I have indeed come here for guidance, and I'm grateful for your interest in my case so far. With due respect, I do not believe sharing photos would help in this case because the photos are quite unremarkable. The aesthetic results of the procedure is actually quite good, and it looks like a regular penis. While you are correct in saying that this is aesthetic medicine, my problem is in no way aesthetic, rather my problem entirely relates to how I am feeling and not at all to how I am looking. While I did mention in the initial post that there were 2 nodules at the bottom, I would not say they took away from the aesthetics. In fact the nodules aren't even that noticeable in the pics. They just made me feel highly uncomfortable.

I hope the info about my complication I shared in this thread can help others thinking about getting the Ellanse treatment. I wish I came across a thread like this before I went for my own procedure. It would have been a life saver.

My Ellanse nightmare 4 years 1 day ago #1308697228

Morphintime wrote: I have indeed come here for guidance, and I'm grateful for your interest in my case so far. With due respect, I do not believe sharing photos would help in this case because the photos are quite unremarkable. The aesthetic results of the procedure is actually quite good, and it looks like a regular penis. While you are correct in saying that this is aesthetic medicine, my problem is in no way aesthetic, rather my problem entirely relates to how I am feeling and not at all to how I am looking. While I did mention in the initial post that there were 2 nodules at the bottom, I would not say they took away from the aesthetics. In fact the nodules aren't even that noticeable in the pics. They just made me feel highly uncomfortable.

I hope the info about my complication I shared in this thread can help others thinking about getting the Ellanse treatment. I wish I came across a thread like this before I went for my own procedure. It would have been a life saver.

So the aesthetics were good, but the issue was that you can "feel" nodules otherwise not visible in photos? Is it possible the pain your experiencing isn't so much pain, but rather the fact that the implant is palpable, making you more self-aware or self-conscious of it being there? I only ask because I'm stumped as to how the Ellanse alone were to create what you described as "relentless pain."

Did you inform Dr. Gavin or Dr. Oates about said-pain, and did they assess the pain, the potential causes, etc?

Side note: For those reading, know that having your penis enhanced will never feel 100% natural because it isn't 100% natural. Depending on the graft or implant, it will be palpable. This doesn't mean people will detect anything unusual, especially if your unit is aesthetically good looking. Just an fyi.

• Page: