PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PMMA COSTS

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272354098

I agree with MM about the unanticipated \"sticker shock\". What I do not agree with is the horrific display of malicious behavior. We are all brothers here and NO method is perfectly safe or efficacious. I\'d like to remind everyone that regardless of what method one chooses, it makes him no less of a family member as far as I\'m concerned. I hope the agitated parties can put their differences behind them and move forward.

It is acceptable to voice concern but I\'m in aggreance with hoddle10. I\'ve had the procedure myself. It\'s been performed for at least 10 years in Brazil. Some will develop an autoimmune reaction but the majority do not. Polymethyl-methacrylate is NOT some toxic, radioactive foreign substance. It\'s been used inside the body for decades with an excellent track record. It\'s specific use for penile augmentation is still relatively new (circa 10 years). Most reported complications were attributed to poor injection technique by improperly trained personnel, non-regulated product, inconsistent particle/micron sized beads, sharp instrumentation in place of blunt cannulas, etc. This is NOT to say it is without risk. If one truly wishes to gain insight into the safety profile of using PMMA in Phalloplasty, it would serve well to learn Portuguese or German as most detailed medical journals are recorded in these languages. Also, the \"Godfather\" of PMMA Dr. Gottfried Lemperle has had PMMA in his nose for over 20 years now with no adverse immune response nor any other ill effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344827

Okay take it easy guys.

Check out the forum rules, in particular rule 3:

\"Maintain mature and respectful dialog\"

phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/Com...PhalloBoards-5354271

@Tulsaguy, you\'d have to be pretty naive not to realise that you are scare mongering. Over the last week or so you\'ve made some pretty sweeping statements, that would quite obviously concern anyone who had had the procedure.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344808

Also, you claim to be a registered nurse, but in an earlier post you say:
\"my work requires year round travel.\"

phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/Complications-5576655

So what are you, a nurse on a cruise ship?

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344732

You\'re correct, you do have the right to say whatever you want. You apparently also have the right to be an asshole.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344713

ripple wrote: Tulsaguy--your posts are really getting monotonous and tiresome. You keep hijacking threads to inject your own opinions that you present as fact, and that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's inappropriate and particularly insensitive to the members that have had the procedure. I think by now members are well aware of the potential problems that PMMA presents, and there are threads that deal specifically with those issues. Try posting there, but if you do, offer something more than 'PMMA will ruin your life!!!'

Dude, I can say whatever the hell I want. Grow up. If you don\'t like what I have to say, don\'t read it. End of fucking story.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344699

hoddle10 wrote:

Tulsaguy wrote:

ripple wrote: Tulsaguy--your posts are really getting monotonous and tiresome.

I could care less what you think. I\'m voicing my opinion. Don\'t like it, don\'t read it. I\'m a registered nurse and I\'ve seen first-hand what PMMA will do when your body starts to reject it, and it\'s not pretty.

What\'s your problem anyway?

You are scare mongering though and to be honest that\'s a horrible thing to do considering you know how many people have had the procedure that still read this forum. You make it sound as if you have some information that you are with holding, as if you know something no one else does. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but at least explain what has caused to hold that opinion.

Give me a break. Scare mongering? Listen, I don\'t have to explain myself just because someone got butt-hurt (ripple).

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344410

Tulsaguy wrote:

I could care less what you think. I\'m voicing my opinion. Don\'t like it, don\'t read it. I\'m a registered nurse and I\'ve seen first-hand what PMMA will do when your body starts to reject it, and it\'s not pretty.

You are scare mongering though and to be honest that\'s a horrible thing to do considering you know how many people have had the procedure that still read this forum. You make it sound as if you have some information that you are with holding, as if you know something no one else does. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but at least explain what has caused to hold that opinion.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344354

Try reading my post again and you\'ll see what my problem is. And I don\'t necessarily believe that you\'re a nurse or that you\'ve seen PMMA problems first-hand, as you were ready to travel half-way around the world to get it done a month ago.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344174

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272344063

Tulsaguy--your posts are really getting monotonous and tiresome. You keep hijacking threads to inject your own opinions that you present as fact, and that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's inappropriate and particularly insensitive to the members that have had the procedure. I think by now members are well aware of the potential problems that PMMA presents, and there are threads that deal specifically with those issues. Try posting there, but if you do, offer something more than 'PMMA will ruin your life!!!'

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272343955

Completely agreed with Androgen. And may I also add something...just completely avoid PMMA altogether. Trust me, you\'ll be thanking me 5-10 years from now if you take my advice.

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272343680

i don\'t think that people are so much complaining because they think its unfair in my case i don\'t have much money to spend and i understand that it is our choice it just sucks that we thought that we would be able to get 2 or 3 sessions for a certain price im sure it wont stop us it will just delay the precess

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272343562

In relation to other forms of augmentation PMMA is still relatively cheap. Complaining about the price of a completely unnecessary and elective procedure is ridiculous...

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272343512

i know how you feel i had to sell some stuff to get the rest of the money before the price got higher i could have had 3 sessions done before and cost me much less but hey I\'m just glad that I\'m going in and that the doctor seems to be a cool guy it sucks that i have to spend more money but I\'m willing to spend it i just happy it dosent get higher

PMMA COSTS 12 years 1 month ago #1272342229

I just got a message saying that as of 01March the prices are 1st 2500, 2nd 2000 and 3rd 1500 IMO I got screwed due to the fact I decided to do this for its lower cost and positive feed back now I\'ll be paying far more than I predicted.

• Page: