PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The treatment of penile retraction

The treatment of penile retraction 12 years 7 months ago #1271160485

I\'ve only just seen this, but it\'s quite interesting. If you are only doing it to help the PMMA procedure it seems a little pointless when you consider that taking an alpha blocker for 3 or 4 days will achieve much the same thing. However For those who suffer from retraction especially in the winter months or post exercise like I do and don\'t want to pop pills every day, this could be a great option.
I\'m no expert but there may be a number of mechanism involved in retraction. One of the main causes is increased circulating adrenalin caused by anxiety or exercise , which closes down certain blood vessels to allow for the fight or flight response, preventing a flow of blood to your penis and thereby shrinking it. Alpha blockers prevent this. However the dartos muscle which is runs under your penile skin also contracts, typically you see a wrinkling of the shaft skin. I believe botox prevents the muscle from contracting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The treatment of penile retraction 12 years 7 months ago #1271087212

I don\'t know if we\'re talking about the same retraction, but the retraction I\'m reffering to is when your penis goes into the fat pad or scrotum while the penis skin pushes foward.

If your circumcized, it looks as though you aren\'t cirucumcized and if your aren\'t, it looks as though your Foreskin looks longer.

The treatment of penile retraction 12 years 7 months ago #1271084875

@medilook - Wouldn\'t an implant be the only thing that would prevent retraction? I am not aware of any surgical techniques that would prevent retraction. If you have come across anything different, please share. I personally wouldn\'t consider the implant option as a viable way of getting around the retraction problem though. I will be going in for PMMA on Jan. 7th. I will ask Wade about the Botox option.

The treatment of penile retraction 12 years 7 months ago #1271080118

what if you just got surgery to prevent the penis from going into the fat pad?
The injections are nice, but it\'s not permanent though right? There are surgeries to prevent penis from retracting into the body which I\'m considering getting.

The treatment of penile retraction 12 years 7 months ago #1270311176

There is a study about using Botox injection in the Dartos muscle which can reduce penile retraction in about 70% of the cases for about 6 months :-
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.17...009.01434.x/abstract

Could this technique help guys who have severe penile retraction to have this injection before planning for PMMA injection ?? May be Dr.C. could answer this for us