Hey there, having read most of the threads on PMMA on this site I had kind of come to the understanding about a couple things for Dr. C and his procedure. One was that the cost was relatively low but was spiking due to demand mostly generated by this board. And two was that you were getting Newplastic PMMA vs. Metacril PMMA and that Metacril was something to be weary of. I just got an email after inquiring into three of their procedures that will be covered in my other thread but I figured I\'d bring this up in a thread all it\'s own.
The email has a breakdown of their current pricing for PMMA, 2575 first, 2060 second and 1545 for additional rounds. Touchups are 1030 up to 5cc\'s. This is what surprised me, it states that all pricing is with Metacril (not Newplastic). They also only mention the 10% and 30% mixture, not 20%.
Was there a change for a reason that was perhaps discussed in a thread that I missed? From the reading I had done most people were praising Dr. C for his use of Newplastic vs. Metacril for that alone. Just wanted to make sure I had a full understanding before I jumped the gun.
I\'m new to the PMMA interest scene so I may be completely off base but if not those of you who have had some experience in this field would be greatly appreciated for your 2 cents.
They stopped offering new plastic (now known as linnea safe). Metacrill doesn\'t come in 20%. They mixed 10 and 30 using a Y shaped connector on two tubes of metacrill to make 20 - but they don\'t do it anymore bc it is time consuming and didn\'t really produce results superior to 30% & some people claimed it created more unevenness (though some said 30% created more unevenness). They said the results of new plastic & metacrill have been equivalent results. Linnea safe is also from brazil. The only published study we have said they were BOTH pretty bad compared to Artefill (american product)...due to unequal particle size and distribution. That study was in 2006, so who knows what it is like now...hopefully better.
More is here...and there are other threads - use google instead of the board\'s search function (and just put \"phalloboards and [search criteria]\") - it seems to work better: