I am asking for advice not on specifically the procedure but what you would do to reduce costs (as the procedure cost itself seems to be increasing) and/or make your trip better/efficient/pleasant. I have the web info from Wade and there suggestions but I would like to hear from the experience of the this board either from repeat patients and just general hindsight. Things that would be nice to know about: Where would you stay, how much time exactly needs be spent there (even down to arrival/departure of flight), best transportation options if coming from San Diego. As an example I have even looked at flying to another city and mexico and travelling to Dr C\'s office as there are end of season deals etc. Please just fire off your suggestions most of the members here seem quite analytical and most likely thought about what they may have done logistically. I would like to limit the posts to this content and not the decision about whether to actually have the procedure or not.
If I could do the procedure over again I would probably try to follow the tips on this list.
Other members probably have more experience and can suggest better tips, however
my advice/tips would be:
0. (Two parts)
If you\'re an inexperienced traveller (someone who has never been to a poor / 3rd world country):
Fly in and go travel to a poor country before the procedure; get familiar with the local peoples and local attitude / culture. Learn about the subtleties of traveling in a foreign country. Especially a poor country. Mexico is by far much richer than other places; if you\'ve been to some poor countries before I think it will help you (it helped me). The last thing you want to do is go through culture shock at the same time you\'re doing (this) procedure. That would be a bit much I think.
If you\'re an experienced traveller:
Proceed to other tips:
1. Fly in the day BEFORE you do the procedure.
2. Stay in TJ Marriott.
3. Bring loose boxers / no boxers.
4. Bring loose jogging pants
5. Bring a bag to your appointment; use it to carry a FRESH and SANITIZED pair of loose jogging pants for immediately after the procedure, the meds they provide, and anything else you need.
so you have a bag to hold your underwear.
6. Stay in TJ until at least 3 days after the procedure.
7. Buy 4 Cialis, use 3 of them back to back and the last one when you have sex the first time
8. Squeeze the entry points immediately after the procedure; keep it unwrapped so that the entry points can heal quickly in open air.
8. (b) Take ALL of your antibiotics.
9. Bring your smart phone, set the alarm to go off at 2 hour intervals on the first night. Massage for 15 minutes each time with arnica gel.
10. Abstain from alcohol 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
11. Regular exercise 1 month prior to appointment.
12. Shave the area extremely well and double / triple shower before the procedure.
13. Schedule your flight back from SD in the late afternoon or evening (crossing the border in the shuttle on the way back can take 5 hours).
14. Be prepared for unexpected outcomes!
15. Be prepared for unexpected outcomes!
16. Get flight cancellation insurance for your return trip in case you have complications and need to stay in TJ an extra day or two (Although this is extremely low possibility)
17. Prepare yourself mentally to have your body altered in an somewhat unpredictable outcome; you need to be prepared to accept the worst case.
18. Everyone is different, but I would recommend 10% throughout. Follow the doctors discretion. He has done a lot more of those procedures than you so he knows what he is doing.
19. Trust and patience is important for this procedure; it WILL test your patience.
20. Anchor your expectations.
21. Treat yourself to a little luxury on this trip; you, your mind, and your body will be going through some pretty rough stuff. Allow yourself at least the opportunity to enjoy some of
the little things you like. For example room service.
22. Book a seat back on the plane that is either first class, or is in an isle; you will want to go to the washroom frequently to check on things. If you have a long flight, try to stay in TJ / SD an extra day or two just to be sure things are under control.
23. Stand as much as possible on the flight back.
24. Use a stretcher as much as possible to prevent retraction the first 2-3 days.
25. Be prepared for unpredictable results that don\'t come out how you expect!
26. Bring porn on your smart phone or bring a laptop to watch porn (induce an Erection)
You don't need a prescription for Cialis in Mexico, you can just walk into any pharmacy and ask for it. There is a pharmacy in the same building as Dr C. You will find it in the lobby not far from the elevators.
It is not xanax but I o not recall what it is at the moment.
Regarding the script for Cialis you have a few options.
1. Dr C might be able to give you a few extra...not sure.
2. I\'ve heard you can get this while in TJ VERY easily...I believe someone even said in the same building as Dr C. My understanding is that meds are much easier to get without a prescription in Mexico.
3. If you don\'t want to worry about it while in TJ just order it online. There are a few threads with reliable sources on this forum. PM me if you can\'t find any of them.
I\'ve taken the shuttle both times and recommend it, it is completely stress free and very comfortable. They know the current immigration issues and are just all around very helpful.
I stayed in SD the first time, flew back the second time, and am staying in SD for two nights this time. I like being closer to my place of departure (airport) and don\'t really find a day after potential checkup with Dr. C necessary personally as I am pretty comfortable with PMMA troubleshooting. I used www.biddingtraveler.com/
this time to get a cheap place in downtown SD, got harbor front for $83 pretty sweet.
Other tips, wear baggy pants haha, definitely take the chill pill at the office if you\'re feeling at all a bit skiddish. The procedure can take 1-2 hours so its better to be relaxed the whole time even if you\'re not stressed up front. I had some pain towards the end of mine R2 and definitely wished I took one that time as I was starting to get anxious.
- I stayed in San Diego in Gas Lamp both times, and at the time that was the recommendation. If I go again for any touch up I\'m not sure...I might stay in TJ.
- I would ask Dr C and Wade in advance if I could schedule a couple follow ups, one for the day after and one for the following day.
- I would get an extra Cialis and take one when the first wears off (verify this is okay with Dr C first). Hell, if it isn\'t a health concern I would consider staying on Cialis for as long as safe until the collagen builds up to help prevent retraction and to keep things nice and smooth.
- Wade mentioned some new stretching device...not for length, but to keep you from retracting.
Sorry, I don\'t have any tips on saving money...when you\'re coming as far as me there is no way around the expense. But frankly after the procedure cost, airfare and lodging there isn\'t really anything else.