PhalloBoards - An Online Community to discuss Phalloplasty


Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ?

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704945

Hello Everyone!! I can't go to anyone I know for a conversation like this.
I recently booked, then canceled, then rescheduled a Pmma procedure. I have been on PhalloBoards since 2.0 and have been interested in enhancement since I was 27, I'm 29 now. Now I know that the pmma procedure is not perfect and one should have money saved for at least 2- procedures, for more Girth or correction. I also know that people with either a healthy sex life and or above-average stats are more inclined to regret the procedure and men with lower or below-average stats don't mind the trade-off.

I was ready and confident reading progress reports from, "Colorbrand", "csf84" , "justn8", "Jacks10", "greygreygrey" and "unknow1948", but decided to review longer, pmma users, from 2.0 and discovered more and more gentlemen unsatified.

One user specifically made me question if this is worth it User name: "New1inch" his statement "Depending on the time of day when taking a piss I feel like I’m holding my original penis inside of a tube some days" He Also Says, "I can grab the pmma from the top by the glans and know exactly how thick it is and I can also feel it at the base. And by feels different yes I mean to the touch. And when you pink the skin there’s no longer thin skin over the shaft. It’s now thick because it’s filled with the transplant. I don’t want to sugar coat it because I want others who want to get this implant know exactly what they are getting. After doing this myself I feel others wasn’t as forth coming to mentally protect themselves of the decision they made and accept it. I’m accepting it. But theirs definitely downsides. You probably can’t tell as much while erect but if someone was holding a Flaccid penis with pmma and a normal penis with nothing in it you can definitely feel the difference. So I want folks to know your Dick will not feel like how it did before because it’s not the same anymore. Theirs something in it."

This is why I'm torn. I can deal with minor irregular aesthetic issues. I can possibly deal with the implant feeling a little different. However, I don't know yet If I can deal with irregular aesthetic issues and the implant feeling a little different at the same time.

Can the people who have gotten this procedure done please tell me what your mindset was before getting the procedure.
Also, my stats are 6.5 BPEL and 4.5 EG (Not a shower)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704946

I see my penis as useless (Girth below average) so I prefer something rather than nothing. Still have not done it though

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704948

New one Inch was a little negative, particularly in his early postings. The reason I stopped posting for a little while. Personally, I have not had these issues. I started at 6.0, had one session and am currently at 6.5. I'm heading back for one more session in the fall. I don't notice a huge difference in the feel of my penis. Other than being bigger of course. I just said to my wife the other day though, I actually think I'm more sensitive now than I was before which is a bonus. You have to do with what is right for yourself. Nothing is without risk but based on testimonials read here, the risks are minimal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704949

Everything is a risk its up to you to decide are the rewards worth the risk. i personally think when it comes to pmma they are. i just wish i could afford it already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704953

  • abanks
  • abanks's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 0
Do not do PMMA. In fact, read through this link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-3-662-46753-4.pdf it's a published academic text on contemporary penis augmentation procedures. It has a section on PMMA. The complication rate is high, you're basically guaranteed to need touch-ups / corrections, and patient satisfaction with the procedure is relatively low.

I also want to add girth, and I'm heavily leaning towards allograft (which is also discussed in that text)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704958

  • Cacx
  • Cacx's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Posts: 83
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm going to go ahead and tag @New1inch .

The quote you're sharing of his was after his 1st round of PMMA. He's since went back for round 2 and is happier with the result, but I'm not sure how much of the original critique still holds true.

New1inch, if you're reading this, could you take a look at your quote in the original post and let us know how much of what you previously said is still true?

Cacx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704960

Cacx wrote: I'm going to go ahead and tag @New1inch .

The quote you're sharing of his was after his 1st round of PMMA. He's since went back for round 2 and is happier with the result, but I'm not sure how much of the original critique still holds true.

New1inch, if you're reading this, could you take a look at your quote in the original post and let us know how much of what you previously said is still true?

Cacx


Only replying because I was tagged. yes it looks better aesthetically after round 2, but my original critique holds true. feel of penis is changed forever. Thats my experience. Everyone is different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704961

Thank you for your honesty!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704971

I don’t think any of us will pay for this book just to look at the section on PMMA. I see a chapter about the classification of fillers, is that the chapter you’re referring to? If you copy and pasted whatever it says into this forum without screenshooting it or validating where the words came from somehow, I’d have a hard time trusting you’re pasting the correct information.

Where did you get or how did you calculate patient satisfaction of pmma patients? There are three places I know of where you can get PMMA in the penis, correct me if I’m wrong. Brazil, Tijuana, and Prague. Tijuana and Prague each have just 1 clinic that offer PMMA. So other than Brazil, I believe there are only two offices in the world where you can get PMMA in the penis to my knowledge. Patient privacy is a huge deal. You’re telling me that the majority of these patients were surveyed?

PhalloBoards has received more negative comments or posts regarding the Prague clinic. A different method has been reported there. As for Avanti, a vast majority of the posts on here have been positive regarding them. So, if you’re defining “relatively low” as more than half of pmma patients weren’t satisfied, than that would be a different representative percentage than what is shown on PhalloBoards. I don’t believe barely any Avanti patients were surveyed for whatever source you’re basing this off of.

It seems like this book and your agenda is to promote tissue transfer over filler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unhung1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704973

Hyperbol wrote: I don’t think any of us will pay for this book just to look at the section on PMMA. I see a chapter about the classification of fillers, is that the chapter you’re referring to? If you copy and pasted whatever it says into this forum without screenshooting it or validating where the words came from somehow, I’d have a hard time trusting you’re pasting the correct information.

Where did you get or how did you calculate patient satisfaction of pmma patients? There are three places I know of where you can get PMMA in the penis, correct me if I’m wrong. Brazil, Tijuana, and Prague. Tijuana and Prague each have just 1 clinic that offer PMMA. So other than Brazil, I believe there are only two offices in the world where you can get PMMA in the penis to my knowledge. Patient privacy is a huge deal. You’re telling me that the majority of these patients were surveyed?

PhalloBoards has received more negative comments or posts regarding the Prague clinic. A different method has been reported there. As for Avanti, a vast majority of the posts on here have been positive regarding them. So, if you’re defining “relatively low” as more than half of pmma patients weren’t satisfied, than that would be a different representative percentage than what is shown on PhalloBoards. I don’t believe barely any Avanti patients were surveyed for whatever source you’re basing this off of.

It seems like this book and your agenda is to promote tissue transfer over filler.

unless the mods are deleting the horror stories from avanti im definitely not seeing them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704975

Quite frankly some of the users you cited I wouldn't consider "negative reviews." And no, there aren't any deletions unless they are in violation of forum rules. Wouldn't have I then just deleted user "abanks" post with a link alleging problems with PMMA if there was a conspiracy to silence critics?

PMMA represents the best permanent filler option for Girth enhancement and if you've read through this forum and think otherwise, well I'd be pretty surprised.

As a matter of fact, I'd say the good majority of PMMA reports are positive or neutral (as in, not a thumbs down, but minor aesthetic issues were problematic).

The report attached I have a hard time ascertaining where it talks about PMMA and I'd gladly get Dr. Casavantes to respond to its assertions and merits.

As for New1Inch, have you seen his latest photos? Those look damn good to me.

Virtually everyone I've personally been in contact with 5 years and longer with PMMA have been satisfied, if not elated. Hoddle no longer posts here because PMMA resolved his Girth issues and he wanted to spend less time dwelling on penis size. I'm over 10 years post op with zero complications. Do I have minor aesthetic irregularities? Yes, however they are only detectable to me and I've had zero encounters (I'm in the double digits) where a partner either suspected something or questioned something. PMMA as performed by Dr. Casavantes and Dr. Morales, as well as some of their recommended Brazilian Doctors are the only ones I'd trust at present time to inject a permanent Dermal Filler into your penis.

As someone who's had to read every post ever made (tens and tens of thousands), I can say confidently that PMMA is a viable, relatively safe option for male Girth enhancement, and is probably the most trending subject on my site. As a matter of fact, I've been told by some credible penis-enlargement Doctors (including Non-Sponsors) that they'd love to have access to the International iteration of PMMA if they could (Bellafill, the PMMA brand in the U.S., has a patent, and differentiates itself by using a bovine carrier, whereas what Avanti Derma uses contains a cellulose carrier. This makes the American brand more expensive, and its carrier less ideal for penis augmentation).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozymandias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Rethinking Pmma!! Canceled my appointment, Guidance ? 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308704976

abanks wrote: Do not do PMMA. In fact, read through this link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-3-662-46753-4.pdf it's a published academic text on contemporary penis augmentation procedures. It has a section on PMMA. The complication rate is high, you're basically guaranteed to need touch-ups / corrections, and patient satisfaction with the procedure is relatively low.

I also want to add girth, and I'm heavily leaning towards allograft (which is also discussed in that text)


Upon second review of this post I'm going to have to challenge your assertion. You can't possibly expect forum users to spend $80+ with the hopes of finding a few paragraphs -- why not just quote exactly what you found, and at least then I'd personally match it against your claims. This is true for Dr. Casavantes as well, I'll want some quotes before I send him a direct phone call to review what might not exist. So please come forward with the info please.

And yes touch-ups are nearly inevitable because you're dealing with a collagen-inducing filler, creating a degree of unpredictability no matter how refined the injection technique. This is why 2nd appointments are often calculated into total costs when researching permanent fillers! This is quite clear all over the forum. I'm currently out-of-town but when I return, I'll be publishing the first true phallo-wiki that will help consolidate all this information for newcomers. Maybe it's partly my fault some of this confusion is still at play.

This comes off as alarmist, and we aren't even sure how these statistics of patient satisfaction were obtained. As far as I know, this forum represents the largest (and arguably only) sample size of patient satisfaction regarding penis fillers, heck of all of phalloplasty, and so I find the study's results questionable at best.

I look forward to your quoting of the article, in detail. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexas