So I am right at the two month mark on Ellanse. Had a zoom consult with Dr C yesterday. Have a pretty good sized hard lump on the left side by the top (circ scar) and a small one on the right side. Right side is not noticable, but the left is obvious, I would say half the size of a marble. Could be a result of not massaging in that area properly? But that part was really swollen after the procedure, so it's really hard to tell what you are massaging. At any rate, he recommended coming down for a Kenalog shot, as well as a touch up. I have an area on the right side of the shaft that is low. Almost like there was a rubber band around the shaft, so it dips in, but only on that side. He suggested 2 ML's or so in that side to smooth and even it out.
But on the subject of Kenalog, has anyone had success with this on Ellanse lumps? How long did it take after the shot to see results? How effective was it?
fightclub wrote: Can you elaborate more on the reasons you got a bad result from Ellanse at DR C?
Are you Circumcised? How much ML´s did you get?
Never said I got a bad result. I’m reserving judgement until the 12 week mark or so (when the collagen buildup should peak.
Just have one lump that may or may not go away on its own, and one low spot.
Might be partially that I wasn’t massaging correctly (I thought I was) but you are so swollen, its hard to tell what is what. I’m pretty confident that a touch up visit there will get me on the right track.
Id love to hear your full opinion, all the good and bad and feelings in between. I glad you are reserving some judgement until the end and acknowledging some potentials about your massaging.
Can you lay out all that you did for after care. ?
Texas wrote: Id love to hear your full opinion, all the good and bad and feelings in between. I glad you are reserving some judgement until the end and acknowledging some potentials about your massaging.
Can you lay out all that you did for after care. ?
Good luck to you
So, first of all, so there is no mistake, I think the Avanti Derma team is great, very professional and the entire procedure was top notch.
- I think (hoping) that I end up with .5 Inch gain overall. I think that's realistic.
- Not squishy when Erect. At all. That was a concern with HA, and people have asked me this. Zero issues there. Someone mentioned the the makeup of the product as feeling like candle wax. That's probably the best description I've heard
- Aftercare instructions. They gave me a sheet, but I felt (and still feel) that it was geared more toward PMMA. I got some statements from them verbally that didn't match what was on the sheet.
- Swelling. Horrible. This was a real challenge for me. Penis bruising generally goes away pretty quickly. By day 3-4 mine was pretty much gone. Swelling went down to the point by day 5 that I could start to tell what it looked like. But swelling made it VERY difficult for me to tell what was swelling and what was product. Therefore, I was hesitant to work one area too hard, only to find out that it was swelling, and I pushed product out of an area that it didn't need to be pushed out of
- Aesthetics, I have the hard lump on the left side, pretty decent sized. I keep pressing on it, and trying to work it back down and hopefully it will resolve itself. I did read a couple of post Ellanse reports that said they would go away. If it's not gone in 30 days, I'll go get Kelalog. Also, there is a low spot (kind looks like a rubber band was wrapped around my penis on one side and then the injection was done (just to give you a visual) Dr C said 1 or 2 ML's there should smooth that out
Overall, I don't like it Flaccid. I did at first, after the first week or two of swelling went down. But when I hit the low point 6-8 weeks. It really appeared my lumpy/uneven than I was hoping for. Erect is good, and semi Erect, its all much smoother and looks a lot better.
So yeah, willing to wait the 4 months post injection to see where it settles out. Maybe some collagen will fill in the low spot etc, etc.
Still overall think I will be happy with it once I sort out these two minor issues.
What would you guys do? Teetering on going back down for the Kenalog and maybe a small touch up. Been reading horror stories about Kenalog shots... I want to give this time to go down on it's own. But I'm at the 9 week mark. Possible it could still go down on it's own after 3-4 months?
It’s hard like a marble and not regular collagen formation? A marble is a pretty good size. I have a small hard Nodule in my inner skin that’s maybe a 1/4 size of a marble. It doesn’t bother me or hurt but I don’t know if a lady will notice, haven’t had sex yet. If it is scar tissue and not regular collagen there is a chance it will go away. The same thing happens after circumcisions when they cauterize the vessels and I’ve read those go away. I hade one after my Circumcision and the filler actually covered it up. Have you messaged with dthom? Have you looked into co2 injections at Morganstern? I’ve heard some success with Kenalog where are you hearing horror stories?
Sorry I did not reply earlier. I have not used steroid in the penis for Ellanse but have for HA. I have used it in the face for an Ellanse lump. There was some improvement within a few days. I tend to combine with 5FU as well - less telangectasia (formation of 'broken' capillaries). If the lumps bother you I would have no hesitation in doing that as a first line treatment.