Hi Everyone Dr Oates of CALIBRE Clinics Australia here.
On Phalloboards 2 I have over 550 posts. Hopefully that information will come over to this forum too. Here is how it started...
I have been using HA for PE (penile enhancement) since 2013. Guys had been asking if there was anything that could be done for the size of their penis without surgery. I found the original Korean papers describing using HA www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1743609515333543 plus this Italian article www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23388646 . But they were done by Urologists who are not experienced cosmetic injectors. I thought the procedure could benefit with refinement.
My starting point was initially safety. I already had a successful facial plastic surgery practice. One penis dropping off would be bad for business. So certain steps were put in place to make it as safe as possible.
1.This including using HA rather than a permanent or non dissolvable filler. The great advantage of HA is that it can be 'tuned' with tiny doses of a medication called Hyaluronidase or even totally dissolved with larger doses. In the early days this was very reassuring.
2. Next was to use 'blunt' cannula. Most injections were being done with needles which have a cutting point. Cannula look similar but are blue ended. We need to puncture the skin with a needle first then use the cannula once in. Injecting is the space between the superficial (Dartos) fascia and deep (Buck's) fascia. Inject circumferentially.
3. Circumfrential. Most described techniques were just injecting on the 'top' surface of the penis and looked a bit like a turtles shell. People (still) worried that injecting underneath would put pressure on the urethra - tube that passes urine out - but this is just not the case (not even with stimulatory fillers).
4. Doing as a sterile procedure. In the face skin fillers were just being done as a 'clean' procedure we wanted it to be done sterile like a surgical procedure.
5. Doing the procedure in at least 2 stages, this allows us to get better symmetry as the penis is often variable in size over the day.
6. Getting it numb with topical cream. The idea of needles in the penis is scary enough, best if numb first. The vast majority of guys are surprised how comfortable it is.
My belief was if we had a walk in, walk out, no downtime, painless procedure that gave you a penis that looked normal, felt normal, worked normally but was bigger then a lot of guys would be interested. In following threads and post I will fill you in on more of development since.
Comment and questions open on the forum are best. I have answered hundreds of PM's but they dont benefit anyone else. You are probably here anonymously, let everyone benefit from your question if possible.