PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Results

Searched for: Penuma
31 Mar 2017 03:57
It is great and smart of you to start your own progress report. It would be greater if you include pix of before and after so people can see the results and can compare.

This dissolvable sutures are placed where? If they are to keep the implant from moving on top of the penile shaft then your penis will always be held back by the implant even after they go away.

Was your implant sewed to the shaft near the glans?
Do you have pain when you have sex?
You are not jjk, right? LOL....
31 Mar 2017 03:57
I had the Elist implant in January and so far so good. I had read many negative things about it on the PhalloBoards but chose to go forward with it as many of the people posting had the older model implant. The doctor had an article about the surgery in GQ which I felt they wouldn\'t do unless the doctor was on the up and up. My flaccid presurgery was 3 and is now 4.25. Erect length was 5.75 and is now 4.75 but that is because the penis is being held back by dissolvable sutures. I\'m basically 2 months post op and was looking to chat with people that had the implant within the last couple of years to see what I should expect
13 Mar 2017 16:46
hoddle: I am truly empathetic to the others who have had bad results from any PE procedures...be it with Elist or anyone else. I am not telling people to run out and have the surgery. All I have been saying is that there is another side to it, i.e. there are many people who have had the surgery and had success. I believe the successes far outweigh the negative outcomes for the reasons I stated. You have labeled my reasoning absurd but didn\'t even attempt to refute my logic. I understand that to someone who had a bad result that logic and statistics don\'t matter. If I had a bad result I would want to know exactly why so I could see if it could be corrected or even attempted again or what other options are available. What surgery did you have? Did you have the Penuma implant with Elist? If so, when? what happened? If you had a different surgery, with whom and what happened? This should be a place where people can actually learn something not just call each other names.
messageman: That is why I want to be sure that they also see that as far as I know, there is a very high probability rate that this will eventually end badly...

See messageman, this is where you and I don\'t see eye to eye. Your comment: \"there is a very high probability rate that this will eventually end badly\" Just because some people posting on the internet report bad results doesn\'t make their result the typical one. What is your definition of a very high probability rate? We can all agree that any surgery has a certain percentage of bad outcomes...even death. Hell, read the warnings for an aspirin and you would think you\'re about to ingest cyanide. I do not believe that there is a high probability that it will eventually end badly because if that were truly the case, he would have been out of this business long ago. He didn\'t start putting the implant in last year or even ten years ago. He has been doing the surgery for a long time and has improved the product along the way. Secondly, don\'t you think the California Medical Association would have received a ton of complaints about him if he were \"butchering\" so many people as is claimed. I am going to point out again, I am not saying that some people have not had bad results. It can argued as to why they had bad results but I will concede that some people can have a bad result because their body reacts differently than most to the surgery. But, with that said, I also do not believe that a bad result is the \"norm\" whereas you do. I went ahead with the surgery despite the stories I read about in the phalloboards because I did not consider the phalloboards to be the \"norm\". Dr. Elist is on an island being the only surgeon allowed by the FDA to perform the Penuma implant surgery. I\'m sure there are a lot of jealous plastic surgeons out there who hate the fact that he\'s making $50,000.00 a day...and believe me I think he could charge people more for the surgery and he would get it. These other surgeons would love to see him put out of business so the only other option for us dick conscious dudes would be fillers being injected for girth and men not having any real option for length increases flaccid or erect. Why haven\'t the doctors who supposedly are \"correcting the buthchering done by Dr. Elist\" complained to the Board. If these doctors truly believe that he performing a surgery that has \"a very high probability rate that this will eventually end badly...\" then why aren\'t they reporting Elist to the Board. They would have a moral and ethical duty to do so...but yet that hasn\'t happened. That tells me that the surgery has a very high success rate and the doctors \"correcting\" the surgery don\'t feel that he is butchering people. I am just imparting common sense and deductive reasoning to a set of facts like I would with any legal issue presented to me...and I\'m usually right.
1003 Thank you for your heartfelt wishes...and this time I\'m being serious...sometimes I get a little sarcastic when the guys call me names etc. The reason I continue to post in here despite the negativity that is cast my way is that I had looked prior to the surgery for someone who posted in here and gave a complete account of the experience in an honest and unbiased way. I didn\'t really find that and I guess I am paying it forward. I did see some posts...Aero for example...that seemed to give a relatively detailed and honest account of his surgery. He too eventually left here. I don\'t challenge the fact that some of the guys in here had bad outcomes with their surgery for whatever reason.. be it too quick to test the equipment or just their bodies didn\'t heal well. I posted yesterday that my father was a doctor. He often commented that every human body is different and reacts differently to surgery and medicines, etc. People like to think that medicine is an exact science when in fact it is not. If you are a psychologist or at least play one on tv, I\'m sure you\'re aware that patients who take anti-depressants usually have to try many different medications before they figure out the one that does the job for them. Does that mean that the medicines that didn\'t help were bad medicines...absolutely not. It only means that that medicine didn\'t work for them while it may be the perfect medicine for someone else. I don\'t subscribe to the pervasive opinion in here that Dr. Elist is the \"butcher of Beverly Hills\". The surgery so far is working for me and I hope for and expect a good result...emphasis on the word good....I didn\'t say \"perfect\". His office follows up every week with me when I email my pics for review. Today I am at 2 months post operation. I think that getting to this point without any real issue bodes well for me going forward. Txhog and others seemed to have issues early on in their recovery. The poking through the skin issue that many complained of and which did result in the necessity to remove the implant in their cases was probably because too large of an implant was inserted into the penis. That is just my opinion based upon having it. The upper part of the implant does...in the flaccid state...poke the skin below the glans. It does not hurt but after sitting down and then getting up it will be bent a little which I easily straighten out by gripping the shaft of my penis. The implant itself is getting softer so this issue may resolve over time. For me I don\'t consider it an \"issue\" that bothers me. Since I brought it up, people considering the surgery need to understand that your penis is not going to be exactly like your penis is not but only bigger. You are putting something artificial under the skin and you will feel it when you touch your penis in the flaccid state. When the penis is hard it is much harder to detect...no one has noticed so far.

Dr. Elist was conservative with me and just put in the large implant. During the pre-op exam I of course wanted to hear him say that I was perfect for the XXXL but I trusted that his experience would pick the right size for me and the fact that he decided on the smallest size kind of made me trust him even more because he was being conservative with his choice instead of trying to make a telephone pool fit inside a banana peel...not a perfect analogy but you get my point.

I believe from what your last post said that you didn\'t have the Penuma implant but instead had grafts. Despite what you\'ve heard in here you might want to at least talk to Dr. Elist directly and see what he has to say about your situation. I know I will be called a shill for my last statement but I don\'t care. If I were suffering because of a bad result from some other procedure I would be open to trying something else to try and get what I wanted in the first place. Listening to a bunch of hearsay from people with a stated agenda won\'t solve your problem. I agree with you that the stretching exercises,pumps, pills, etc give only nominal results at best and take quite a bit of time and effort from what I\'ve heard. Don\'t give up or settle for a horrific result. See if something can be done. God bless

jjk wrote: sgo123456: If the only information that you are getting about the implant is from people who have negatively posted on the internet then I understand that you have a very limited and skewed understanding and thus your \"expert opinion\" would be thrown out under voire dire by any competent judge. Throwing in some legal lingo to try and convince the doubters that I am indeed an attorney.

now to my Hoddle10: The patent is irrelevant to me. He invented it and did get a patent in 2004 I believe with the original version. Are you denying that Dr. Elist is the only doctor that the FDA has allowed to perform the surgery with his Penuma implant? It is a fact. He has other doctors in his office with him. If any other doctor could do the surgery he would teach them to do it s he could have even more patients as he has a waiting list for people who want the surgery. But he is the only one allowed to do it. I asked the other doctors during my followups if they did it and they explained they can\'t as of now. Dr. Elist is awaiting approval from the FDA to be permitted to teach other doctors the surgery and license his Penuma implant accordingly. So now I have not glossed over it for you. If someone \"butchered\" my penis I would sue. If that isn\'t enough to make someone want to sue then I don\'t know what is. Your reasoning leaves more than a lot to be desired!!! Forget about suing, How the hell does he still have a medical license if he is inflicting all this carnage? Riddle me that! Again you have no logical answer because the logical answer is that he is NOT butchering people and the vast majority must be pleased with their results. Your penis is not something you take lightly and if a doctor screwed it up you would do anything and everything to the doctor that butchered you....yet you and the rest did NOTHING. Why is that my friend?

Let me explain this you one last time. Elist has a patent for a design of an implant from 2001. HE DOES NOT USE THAT DESIGN. It was nothing more than a marketing ploy. Also that patent has run out. He doesn\'t FDA approval either. Any Dr can use the same implant.

If he is so busy and is just waiting for FDA approval to train other Dr\'s, then how come the members of this forum seemed to be able to get into surgery with him at the drop of a hat? Out of interest how long did you have to wait before he could fit you into his hectic schedule?

One final time, I\'ve known several hundred PE surgery victims, including myself, and only 2 have ever done anything. In both circumstances it was a complete waste of time. As I\'ve explained twice already, the only times I\'ve known PE Dr\'s to lose their medical licenses is because of patient deaths.

jjk wrote: The patent is irrelevant to me.

Clearly it isn\'t. You repeatedly tried to hammer the point of the patent.

jjk wrote: Are you denying that Dr. Elist is the only doctor that the FDA has allowed to perform the surgery with his Penuma implant?

I don\'t believe anyone has ever said anything contrary to this. What was said was that there is nothing stopping another doctor from cutting, shaping and inserting a silicone implant. It\'s like saying \"Ford is the only one who can make the Explorer, therefore nobody else can make an SUV.\"

jjk wrote: How the hell does he still have a medical license if he is inflicting all this carnage? Riddle me that! Again you have no logical answer because the logical answer is that he is NOT butchering people and the vast majority must be pleased with their results. Your penis is not something you take lightly and if a doctor screwed it up you would do anything and everything to the doctor that butchered you....yet you and the rest did NOTHING. Why is that my friend?

It is clear that you are ignorant on the history and ability of doctors performing phalloplasty to repeatedly turn out bad results and yet retain their license. Others have tried to explain this to you with the example of other doctors who also ruined many, many men, yet kept their license and kept harming more and more men.
sgo123456: If the only information that you are getting about the implant is from people who have negatively posted on the internet then I understand that you have a very limited and skewed understanding and thus your \"expert opinion\" would be thrown out under voire dire by any competent judge. Throwing in some legal lingo to try and convince the doubters that I am indeed an attorney.

now to my Hoddle10: The patent is irrelevant to me. He invented it and did get a patent in 2004 I believe with the original version. Are you denying that Dr. Elist is the only doctor that the FDA has allowed to perform the surgery with his Penuma implant? It is a fact. He has other doctors in his office with him. If any other doctor could do the surgery he would teach them to do it s he could have even more patients as he has a waiting list for people who want the surgery. But he is the only one allowed to do it. I asked the other doctors during my followups if they did it and they explained they can\'t as of now. Dr. Elist is awaiting approval from the FDA to be permitted to teach other doctors the surgery and license his Penuma implant accordingly. So now I have not glossed over it for you. If someone \"butchered\" my penis I would sue. If that isn\'t enough to make someone want to sue then I don\'t know what is. Your reasoning leaves more than a lot to be desired!!! Forget about suing, How the hell does he still have a medical license if he is inflicting all this carnage? Riddle me that! Again you have no logical answer because the logical answer is that he is NOT butchering people and the vast majority must be pleased with their results. Your penis is not something you take lightly and if a doctor screwed it up you would do anything and everything to the doctor that butchered you....yet you and the rest did NOTHING. Why is that my friend?
I have brought up the patent because many in here are saying that anybody can do this surgery. The FDA has only approved Dr Elist for putting in his Penuma Implant. It isn\'t just a bunch of silicone slapped together to conform to the penis. There is a specific design of the implant with incorporated meshing and technique to the surgery. He can\'t train other doctors and sell the technology until he gets FDA clearance for that. If he gets that, don\'t kid yourself, there will be a ton of plastic surgeons that will want to get in on the action. If the surgeons thought they could do it they would be...too much money not to do it while they watch Elist make $50,000.00 a day doing the surgeries.

A big issue that I see from people who had the old implant was that it didn\'t seem to fit well by the glans and some had poking of the skin issues and subsequent infections. I think that part of the problem people were having with the implant poking through the skin near the glans or causing micro tears inside leading to infection may have been that he was putting in an implant that was just too big. Everyone wants the XXXL. I believe I only got the large. That leaves the skin covering the penis some room to adapt to the implant. If I had gone XXL or more it would have put more pressure on the skin which could possibly lead to problems. That is why he says on his website and ads that the size of the implant is determined by the looseness of the penile skin.

I\'m not telling people to run out and do the surgery but at the same time I wouldn\'t discourage them based on my experience so far. So far, what Elis has told me to expect has come to pass. He has answered every e-mail with my weekly pics the same day. I had an issue last week where on the right side of my incision line I had a little bleeding. He looked at the pic and could see that it might be an ingrown hair coming through which opened up a little sore. He called in triple antibiotic cream as well as oral antibiotics. He follows through and is responsive. My \"sore\" is healing nicely. Healing is a process and you can have some ups and downs during the process. Some of the posts I\'ve seen in other phalloboards on Elist seem like some of the guys just freaked out because of anything that looked like it possibly could be an issue. One guy had the surgery and wanted it out a week later...maybe it just wasn\'t what he expected but I think he should have given it a little time. For instance I hear guys in here saying it\'s like having a dildo and continuous hard on etc. Not true. It is that way for the first month or so but in the last week or so the implant has softened greatly and I don\'t even notice it when sitting down whereas before I did. That by the way was explained to me would be what would happen by Dr. Ali in the days post op. I am posting and will continue to post so that someone considering the surgery at least gets to hear my experience so they can get an honest perspective...not just a one-sided version

jjk wrote: As I have said in earlier posts, Elist is the only doctor permitted by the FDA to do the surgery. He is not able to sell the penuma implant and technique to other doctors. The article acknowledges that length comes over time due to gravity...just like Elist told me. Girth is immediate. I will continue to post my picture...next one with newspaper dated so people like Mustang will finally realize that I am not a shill but just a guy that had the surgery and still believes that it has a great chance for success.

Can you please stop posting Elist\'s propaganda. I\'ve told you already he has no patent and anyone can use these implants. FDA clearance is not FDA approval. One simply means that the materials are cleared by the FDA, whilst the other means it\'s been tested and approved. When Elists uses terms like \"FDA approval\" he\'s manipulating you. It\'s the same with his patent.

Let me explain this to you one more time. Elist has a patent for a design from 2001. Not only does that patent only last 14 years (so it ran out 2 years ago), but he hasn\'t even used that design for a long time, so the patent isn\'t relevant. That design was probably never used. It was only ever a marketing scam, that people like you seem to fall for. However, your premise for posting here seems to be that you want to hear from new patients who have had the new implant. You even mentioned the totally different design. So with that in mind, why on earth do you keep going on about the patent?

If a Dr wants to take a soft sheet of silicon, cut it to the shape of the penis and insert it, they can. There is nothing Elist can do to stop them. And anyway the patent has only been in place since 2001, so even if you believe in it (which not even you can\'t anymore), you still have to explain why no one did this before 2001, despite silicone being the worlds most popular cosmetic implant material. Of course the answer is the same as why no one else does it now.
As I have said in earlier posts, Elist is the only doctor permitted by the FDA to do the surgery. He is not able to sell the penuma implant and technique to other doctors. The article acknowledges that length comes over time due to gravity...just like Elist told me. Girth is immediate. I will continue to post my picture...next one with newspaper dated so people like Mustang will finally realize that I am not a shill but just a guy that had the surgery and still believes that it has a great chance for success.

Penis Enhancement Implant Trending News: Finally, A Penis Enhancement That Really WorksIan LangJanuary 26, 2016ShareTweet189SharesWhy Is This Important?Because everyone thinks bigger is better.Long Story ShortGQ has a report on an L.A.-area doctor who performs the only safe, effective, FDA approved penis enhancement surgery. The silicone implant can add several inches of length and girth in less than an hour.Long StoryFace it ' even if you\'re happy with the size of your manhood, you probably wouldn\'t turn it down if someone offered to magically make your penis bigger. Even for men whose penises are at or approaching average size, a whole host of factors can lead to anxiety and feelings of inadequacy. Until recently, procedures to enhance size have been a crapshoot at best: Pills do absolutely nothing, fat and other injected materials wind up looking strange at best (and can be dangerous at worst), and the implant products designed to correct impotence can actually make you smaller. The situation is all but hopeless.Or it used to be, at least. GQ recently published a report on Dr. James Elist, an L.A.-based plastic surgeon. Since 2004, Elist has been the only doctor in America with FDA clearance to implant men with the Penuma, a silicone implant that adds both length and girth. Clinical trials found the implant to have an extremely low complications rate, mostly a few infections and injuries from patients who couldn\'t keep it in their pants for the prescribed four-month recovery time. It\'s even customizable ' Elist offers patients choices of L, XL, and XXL.\"Nobody wants a small,' Elist told GQ\'s Amy Wallace. 'So we don't have a small, we don't have a medium. We start from large.'The procedure is fairly straightforward. After making an incision in the lower abdomen, Elist rolls the skin off the penis and inserts the hotdog bun-shaped silicone implant, attaching just below the base of the penis. The skin is rolled back down and sutured in a process that takes less than an hour. Patients are instructed to not engage in any sexual activity for four months after surgery, but the results speak for themselves. And The genius of the Penuma\'s design (it only covers about 80% of the penis) means it can grow along with the penis when aroused.while it adds girth immediately, the power of gravity means it results in more length over time. Some of Elist\'s former patients say it saved their marriage.\"[The Penuma] gave me this crazy amount of stamina. Like, I can go for two hours. And I have more control over my orgasms. I mean, I can be going like a Mack truck and still hold back,' said one 43 year old mechanic from Arizona.Of course, there are downsides. One is that circumcision is a requirement for the implant for physiological reasons (Elist is happy to perform that as well). The other is the not-insignificant fact that the procedure costs $13k, which is no small price to pay to enhance your otherwise functional manhood. At the moment, you\'ll have to travel to Beverly Hills if you want to even get on the (already crowded) waiting list ' the FDA has not yet cleared Elist to sell the product and technique to other surgeons.There\'s also the fact that a lot of guys are quick to blame their problems on their undersized manhoods. Yes, size matters, but not as much as you\'d think. Vaginal penetration is only one part of the sexual experience, and having a penis the size of a peanut butter jar won\'t make you a better listener, a more enjoyable companion or a more tender, attentive lover. There are definitely plenty of men who can benefit (both sexually and psychologically) from enhancement, but it\'s worth asking if something like couples counseling or a few sessions with a personal trainer wouldn\'t be more helpful.But for those who insist that bigger is better, at least now there\'s a safe, effective way to get there.As for FABRICLDN: JJK, I hope something terrible happens to you. There should be no room here for haters like you...honest debate is fair game...name calling and vitriol is not. I\'m sorry if you had a bad result if you even had the surgery. If you did, tell us when you had the surgery and your whole horror story. Otherwise shut your pie hole because pretending that you know anything about the surgery and dispensing advice about it is irrelevant.
01 Feb 2016 17:18
13 Apr 2013 04:28
I was considering penuma until I found this forum. (You guys literally saved my penis!) The GQ article was a big motivating factor.

I should have known better. I used to do search engine optimization (SEO) and it\'s not uncommon to be able to buy your way into magazines and newspapers for SEO purposes. I\'m not saying this is what happened with GQ but it happens almost everywhere.

There are brokers that create relationships with reporters/writers on hundreds of websites. The writer figures out a way to work in an article about a service, business, etc. If it\'s possible a deal is made. You can get articles put into just about every magazine you find on the news rack.

13 Apr 2013 04:28
elist is at it again. He is claiming that his implant is a solution to Peyronie\'s disease!!! His Implant CAUSES Peyronies when its removed which is very near 100% of the time. If you read between the lines, it is obvious, to me at least, that the study has not concluded yet.

He continues his lies that his implant has a very high rate of success. In his mind the rate of success means the rate of how many he has put the implant in innocent and deceived patients. He does not consider removing it so often a failure !!!!

I am starting to think there is no Karma and no universal justice at all.

A partial copy Un-altered sent from his office:

Our presentation at the 2016 American Urological Association was a success!We had the pleasure of sharing the exciting clinical results of Penuma, a permanent and progressive solution for men who desire an increased penis size.Our 5-year, 400 patient clinical trial showed high rates of satisfaction and self-confidence among patients and very low adverse event rates.
TESTIMONIALSTestimonial of the Month \"The staff was extremely professional and discreet. I was very nervous about the whole experience and at every opportunity the staff put me at ease. Dr. Elist and his staff exude professionalism and expertise. They were extremely busy, but always had time to answer my questions.\" TIP OF THE MONTH VIDEO
Displaying 586 - 599 out of 599 results.