PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Results

Searched for: PMMA
24 Jun 2011 03:24
@mustang I dont think by inserting the needle thru the pmma will cause any problems with the pmma or the surrounding tissue/vessels. I dont want to ask Lemperle this Q. may be because he is bias for PMMA and some people doesnt agree with his answers, so we could ask Dr. S. Cohen this Q. but in a different way not in regard of the penis we could ask him if a patient had previously artefill in his cheek and during the 2nd session you inserted a needle into the old pmma will it cause any problems ?
Thanks mustang for this Q. because it just came to my mind if you insert the needle thru pmma into the CC would it be possible you will introduce some pmma beads into the CC with the needle ??? And if the answer is yes will these beads in the CC will cause a new collagen formation inside the CC or these beads can migrate thru the blood in the CC to a distant organ?? I dont think we will have an answer for this, but it is possible.
So you see I will bring any point even if it was against PMMA.

After I have received the answers from Dr.S.Cohen about the two Q.s, I have sent him straightaway another e-mail asking him :-
As we know Arteplast (the worst pmma) was introduced in the market in Europe around 1989 i.e. > 20 years and then the bad Artecoll came till 2006 so the Q. is :- Is there any publication in the literature showing a serious complication in HUMAN after injecting these products beside the formation of foreign body granuloma (e.g. distant organ e.g.liver or lung disease or failure) which could be due to migration of the small beads ???
I will post his answer after he replies and I would love to see any study about that complication in HUMAN (it is >20 yrs) and I will keep searching for more information about that , and I am sure if there was at least one case had this fatal complication (from these old products) during the last 20 yrs, wouldn\'t you think that Artefill company and the doctors who are using Artefill or other doctors who are against PMMA injection in general wouldn\'t they present or publish a paper about it if it had occurred. I might be wrong I will wait and see.
From now on I will ask only Dr.S. Cohen about PMMA information and he will be one of the sources for my information and not Lemperle.

JUST to clarify my question about a needle going thru the PMMA. I did not mean I was worried about infection, but more if the needle penetrates the PMMA while trying to reach the CC, will this cause any problems with the pmma or the surrounding tissue/vessels that was formed due to the PMMA?
@sparticus,
We are all here in this forum trying to help each other and that is the most important thing for all of us , and I will never attack anybody even if I didn\'t agree with him.
I said it before the best way to have the truth about Newplastic is to get an ampule of Newplastic and to have it tested by a pathologist e.g. in the US.
I am trying (and will continue) to get more honest information about the whole story of PMMA ( not only for me but also for all of us) .
BTW as you know I didn\'t have penile Newplastic injection, so I would like to get more information about it as all of you . But I have the worse product in my body (the old Artecoll in one side of my face) without any problem .
The main issue here we are worried about the complications of Newplastic injection , so it would be a good idea if we look for any information in the internet about the complications of not only Newplastic but also about the worst PMMA ever made ( ARTEPLAST the 1st generation of PMMA) which suppose to have the worst complications than the other products.
I did get some information about the worst PMMA generation (1989 i.e. >20yrs) most of the publications mentioned only about high risk foreign body formation which is 2. 5% for Arteplast and 0.01- 0.02% for Artecoll
books.google.com.kw/books?id=9WFZ1pE0AFM...omplications&f=false
and nothing has been mentioned about serious distant organ migration (e.g. liver, lung or spleen) or organ disease or even organ failure in HUMAN.
One of these papers written by Dr.Steven R. Cohen April 2009 he mentioned only about the higher chance of developing a foreign body granuloma in Arteplast 2.5% ( wouldn\'t you think if there was any publication showing there is a more serious complication from injecting any of the worst and the bad generation of PMMA, he would mention it or we could find it in the internet ) . Anyway I will keep searching (I am expecting the others to do the same) looking for any serious complications not only for the Newplastic but also for the Arteplast which is suppose to have the WORST complications.
He mentioned also in this paper :-
As formulation technology improves, with more precise control of particle size and reduced likelihood for impurities, the most important factor influencing development of granulomas is not filler per se, but injection technique. The more long-term the filler, the more important becomes the experience and skillful technique of administration.
I.e. the technique of the doctor is the most influencing factor in the development of FBG.
He also mentioned :-
The prospect of spontaneous resolution of granulomas is gaining greater substantiation and agreement in the recent literatureCurrent thinking on granuloma treatment is to place greater emphasis on managing the patient\'s concerns, and to approach invasive therapies more thoughtfully, realizing that most granulomas will self-resolve if left to do so, and that the trauma of aggressive therapeutic intervention may be as distressing as the granuloma itself.
So what he says even if a granuloma is formed spontaneous resolution is the best solution , (i.e. it is a complication which you dont need to treat it just leave it).

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0PDG/is_...=mantle_skin;content
from page 3-6
\"...To answer this it is known that you DONT need antibiotic for PMMA injection, so the risk of serious infection for this filler is zero ... Also I have posted before that you have millions of macrophages around the beads which will attack any micro-organisms coming close to the beads...\"

This is exactly why I occasionally post a caveat when I see lots of quotes from Lemperle. Smartman, I am not attacking you, please don\'t take my comment as such, but I feel some of Lemperle\'s comments are absurd and dangerous. Some of his comments such as this one are unfounded and do not make any biological sense. I\'ve made it clear before that I question most of the physicians\' claims in PE, but I feel obligated to respond to such quotes because members may engage in high risk behavior post op believing this nonsense.

Eqstudent laid it out clearly and maybe I am being redundant by making my post, but honestly sometimes I feel like I have to say something when I see comments that put members at risk. Smartman, I understand you post all he says good and bad and I appreciate your comprehensive approach. I\'m not attacking you just Lemperle\'s quote.
@eqstudent I always said I will post the bad and the good information about PMMA even if I didn\'t agree with him , still I\'ve posted it , and I knew his answer beforehand but I did that deliberately because he is surely pro Artefill and I just wanted him to answer my other question.
@smartman to clarify, my objection was to the claim that the macrophages surrounding the PMMA beads would prevent an infection.

Thanks for the Cohen info. It sounds like he is claiming that he has EM pictures of NewPlastic similar to the onew he published in the AeS article.
I have asked Dr. Steven R. Cohen two Q.s he was quick in his reply :-
1- I am interested in PMMA injection , I was planning to go either to Mexico or Brazil for either (Metacrill or Newplastic) , I know that the Artefill is more superior than the other two , but it is more expensive.Is there any other complications beside foreign body granulomas ?
A) Artefill is much safer. For the extra money it is with it. Of course you are the decision maker. If I showed you what these other products under a microscope looked like you would understand.
2- Do I need to take an Anti-biotic directly after Artefill injection to prevent any infection in short or long-term ?
A) No it is not necessary . If you are interested please contact our office and schedule an appointment for a consultation.
\"Steven R. Cohen, M.D.\" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> Anybody can contact him.
So that means any fillers (also temp.) injected e.g. into the face of any patient (or any needle inserted into our body e.g. for blood test or for I.V. line) he should have to take antibiotics afterwards because there is a risk of infection in the injected site.
If you ask any doctors who is doing fillers injection he will tell you no need for antibiotics after the injection.
I am not saying not to take the antibiotics after Newplastic injection , I always said it is better to be on the safe side and we should follow our treating doctor\' instructions.
eqstudent,
An antibiotic taken directly post injection will not prevent an infection after one year post-injection , surely it will help in preventing or decrease the chance of infection in the short period .
We could ask any doctor in the US who is using Artefill does he advice his patients to take antibiotics after the injection, esp. after the 2nd session.

@S.O - well said. None of the fillers themselves can be infected but the injection site can become infected.
The risk for pathogens are universal for all medical procedures using either incision or injection, albeit very low when the medical facility & staff follow all guidelines for sanitation and sterility. So when one says that there is a risk for infection from undergoing the PMMA procedure, it is in fact real, but not necessarily because of the PMMA product itself. It is usually due to a patient coming in contact with pathogens during the procedure itself.
The prescribing of antibiotics furthers this realization.
PMMA are sterile little beads of plastic and in themselves shouldn\'t pose a pathogenic concern (assuming, of course, the product itself isn\'t tainted).

smartman wrote: ...To answer this it is known that you DONT need antibiotic for PMMA injection, so the risk of serious infection for this filler is zero ... Also I have posted before that you have millions of macrophages around the beads which will attack any micro-organisms coming close to the beads...

I\'m not sure why you would be telling people this. For a variety of reasons these statements are not factual and could have serious consequences for members if they follow. There are classes of pathogens including staph, strep, and other gram negative organisms that macrophages are not effective in surpressing. In addition there have been studies presented that show PMMA infections including this one presented on the old site aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za/faq/49-...injections.html\"One patient presented with infection (hyperemia, edema, and pustule formation 1 year after injection).\"

PMMA is great stuff and Dr C is the best in the world at putting it in a penis but lets not get carried away. There is a reason he perscribes ABs!
mustang2020,
I think you are asking if there is a risk of infection if a patient with ED injecting (e.g.Trimix) through PMMA and into the CC??

To answer this it is known that you DONT need antibiotic for PMMA injection, so the risk of serious infection for this filler is zero , I know Dr.C. is prescribing antibiotic just to be on the safe side, but Dr.Samy Passy in Brazil told me you dont need antibiotic for PMMA and also Prof.Lemperle told me the same thing but I did take it because I had Alloderm before my PMMA, so I didnt want any chance of the remnant Alloderm to be infected. Also I have posted before that you have millions of macrophages around the beads which will attack any micro-organisms coming close to the beads.
In the other hand if you have allograft or alloplast in your penis there will be a danger of severe infection and rejection of these materials if you insert the needle through them .
Have a question: if you have PMMA and for what ever reason, such as ED later in life, will using a needle to inject materials THRU the PMMA and into the CC be a problem for the PMMA for any reason?
As far as I am concerned pmma is the only option at present. I wouldn\'t touch a silicon implant or alloderm. Fillers like macrolane are a complete waste of time, being soft and squishy. FFT is safe but the result isn\'t that good and you need regular fillups. I tried scaffolds and that didn\'t work and besides I think surgery is too invasive. There is nothing else, for me it\'s pmma or forget the whole thing and live with what you have.

Displaying 34981 - 34995 out of 35073 results.