PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

TOPIC: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 17th, 2026 12:23 UTC #1308725722
Pain yesterday was quite manageable, however overnight and this morning it’s quite significant. I can’t live in constant pain like this. I feel like I need to do something…. I want to see a local Urologist but I’m confident they’ll have little to no advice/input if they don’t have experience with PMMA.

I’d like to consult with Rejuvall and Dr. Carney, however I also don’t want to jump to corrective Removal too early if there is a chance this can resolve.

I feel like my case is unique for this board and would appreciate input on what other guys would do if they were in constant pain. The pain can be significant enough at times that I’m considering ending things, which is why I’m feeling compelled to speak with Dr Canrey’s office earlier in the process….

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 17th, 2026 13:29 UTC #1308725723
If your Dick is hurting because of overdoing it then maybe about the only thing you should do is manage the pain while things recover. With me personally my pain was a constant but tolerable. I had to be real careful about climbing around with my line of work and when I wasn't it let me know. Constant pain was a 1 to 3 which is very manageable for me but definitely wore me down at times. Now when hard and doing anything with said hard on would sometimes hit a 10 even when being careful even just from rhe weight of my blankets at night. It would hit me hard and actually my hard on at times. Was extremely difficult for me to try and conceal it from my my wife This took a long time to subside and it was rather gradual. Again I chalked this up to overdoing it while wielding my new manhood cause it was painfully obvious to me.( Dumb head the whole body suffers)perspective. During this time all kinds of thoughts ran through my head about how to alleviate it or what should I be doing different or what now? Thank God I didn't do anything except let it run its course. I did this because it was explainable to me personally because of the reckless approach that i took to early in my newfound glory.
If you had an infection or something like that id be like hey do what you have to and start calling people asap but your case seems similar to mine in that you overdid it just more so than me which is saying something lol! Im not trying to tell you what to do but rather share our similarities in my experiences with my journey. Its hard not to knee jerk decisions because we want it resolved asap but just try to be patient if possible. This all takes aot of time. Im 4 months post round 2 and I honestly cant believe that shit is still happening. I sincerely hope this gets better for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkepticalAttempt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 17th, 2026 17:11 UTC #1308725724
Thanks Committed, just knowing someone else has delt with constant pain and eventually recovered is more reassuring than I can tell you. It gives me significant hope.

I’m definitely not the best when it comes to dealing with pain, so I should concede in that regard. I’ve been dealing with a pain average like you of around 1-3 with bouts reaching 4-5 after manipulation.

This morning I managed to miraculously get a last minute appointment with Dr. Bazzi from Redeem Clinic in Birmingham MI. He offers Urofil and has experience with fillers, albeit not PMMA, but he was familiar with Bellafill. He and his NP Courtney examined me and she palpated my shaft and found one area in particular on the top left of the firmer Nodule “plate” that’s on the top of my shaft that was extremely painful to the touch (I’m not sure how I wasn’t able to illicit the same response but she did).

Dr. Bazzi believes I have an infection of that area and prescribed me 100mg Doxycycline twice daily for 7 days. He did say my Dick looks fine otherwise and was very reassuring that I’ll eventually be ok. He did say I may need to go back to Rupeka to resolve the firmer plate with Kenalog per Rupeka’s recommendation.

I can’t thank everyone enough for the support I have been receiving. This has been ALOT to deal with and I’m eternally grateful for everyone who has chimed in. In addition to my Doc’s and everyone else in my life.
Last edit: by SkepticalAttempt Reason: Fixed Doxy dosage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 17th, 2026 19:34 UTC #1308725726
Awesome man,

happy to hear you have received some professional assurances on your situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkepticalAttempt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 19th, 2026 14:16 UTC #1308725753
Wonderful news especially catching and addressing a potential infection early on which can happen to anyone. Let that antibiotic run its course and hopefully that eases up the pain level for you.
As far as the firmer plate in one area I wouldn't worry about that at this stage. There so much more to potentially take place in time. I really cant believe how much everything is smoothing out on my end and its been months since my second round. Patience Patience Patience its the hardest part lol at least for me. Just saying and keep us in the loop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 20th, 2026 18:45 UTC #1308725765
I wanted to provide and update. It’s been 72 hours since I started my doxycycline round and I’m feeling significantly better.

It’s quite possible I had/have multiple not necessarily serious complications that were causing the constant pain. #1 the overdoing it early on possibly caused an injury. #2 the filler could have been sitting on a nerve that was eventually released when the NP Courtney at Redeem clinic palpated my Dick and found that extremely painful area I had not found previously. This oddly seemed to bring me relief, and I continued to massage this specific area with on and off success. Though now I’m leaving it alone as I’m not experiencing pain. It’s also possible the overdoing it caused this nerve reaction to happen in the first place.
#3 It is indeed actually an infection and I’m seeing significant relief from the antibiotics. This doesn’t mean explain the relief I had the evening after visiting Redeem clinic. #4 simply giving it more time is allowing it to reduce in pain and heal.

Whatever the reason I’m happy to report that today I haven’t needed any Alleve, and only took 1 dose of Tylenol this morning (wore off hours ago). This is a huge improvement for me and I’m glad I seem to be on the road to recovery.

FWIW Dr Rupeka and his office have been responding to my texts and providing help and insight throughout the process and offered for me to come back to the office for evaluation. I don’t believe this was anything to do with his technique and believe this was likely a mix of my specific anatomy/genetics and my lack of taking it as easy as I should have with my peen. I do believe though that under an abundance of caution, guys should be advised not to have sex at all for 3-4 weeks. I feel like this could likely have been avoided if that was the recommendation. Only because guys like me can unintentionally overdo it, and the consequences can be catastrophic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jcregans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 20th, 2026 23:35 UTC #1308725770
Hey man great news!!! Glad its back in the right direction!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 24th, 2026 14:57 UTC #1308725786
Pain improved over the last week but is definitely still present. I finished my round of Doxy last night. I'm not certain infection had anything to do with the pain... Right now I'm still taking 2 Tylenol every 6 hours, and haven't needed to add the Alleve back in, and I hope it stays that way. I haven't really been doing anything expect just laying around in attempt to get this to heal.

Committed, you said you persistent ongoing pain that seemed to be very similar to what I'm experiencing, however you didn't mention for how long you experienced the pain for. Should i expect this resolve by week 8, week 12?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 25th, 2026 12:26 UTC #1308725788
I think this discomfort can be relatively common. Bellafill naturally works by causing inflammation. It induces a low-grade chronic inflammation that causes your body to lay down scar tissue, collagen. Inflammation, unfortunately, can also trigger pain. So Bellafill causes inflammation and inflammation causes pain. Furthermore, when placing Bella fill trauma can occur inside the tissue. This trauma disrupts nerve fibers which take time to heal and reconnect. My suggestion would be to avoid doing anything that irritates the healing Bellafill. Irritation may cause inflammation and intern more pain. I believe that given time, the Bellafill will be encapsulated and less likely to cause inflammation. I have had Bella Phil for eight years, and I still get some inflammation and some pain. However, it has gotten a lot better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 25th, 2026 15:13 UTC #1308725789
@Toothman : who did your filler work? If there were multiple doctors, was Rupeka one of them?
Last edit: by Knowledge_seeker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 25th, 2026 16:13 UTC #1308725790
Jessie Cheung Derm Chicago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 26th, 2026 00:56 UTC #1308725791
Committed, you said you persistent ongoing pain that seemed to be very similar to what I'm experiencing, however you didn't mention for how long you experienced the pain for. Should i expect this resolve by week 8, week 12?[/quote]

It took a long time before I realized it wasn't hurting. It was 3.5 months ish. I have a pretty decent pain tolerance and just adjusted and acclimated to it. Wouldn't let the wife just grab or anything else thats for sure lol. Lay low and realize the trauma that your Dick has been through. In my humble opinion when you think about it. The process should hurt way than it does and expecting it not to is just not realistic even though many of us cruise from start to finish with little to no pain at all. I can say my second round has been completely pain free but I also took great care in not repeating my round 1 mistakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkepticalAttempt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

August 26th, 2026 01:06 UTC #1308725792
Thanks Committed, it’s reassuring knowing I still have a few months left before I get too worried!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

September 2nd, 2026 08:34 UTC #1308725829
I also experienced similar pain that I mentioned in my post, this week it’ll Have been 7 months since I did the procedure and the pain is dull but still there during erections, it has got much better over time but not completely gone and not sure if it will at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkepticalAttempt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pain 5 weeks post PMMA

September 3rd, 2026 12:49 UTC #1308725839
8 week update:

I spoke with Dr Rupeka about my progress last week. After coming off Doxy I noticed the pain started to increase again. He mentioned the doxy has anti inflammatory effects in addition to the antibiotic effects. He still feels I’m just having and over aggressive inflammation reaction, which lines up with my symptoms and what GPT thinks thus far. He extended my course for another 4 weeks, and I will be going to see him for evaluation closer to week 11. Thus far getting back on doxy has helped tremendously. I’ve been able to wean myself back from 2 Tylenol every 6 hours to 1 every 4-5 hours. Additionally I’ve been able to get back to doing upper bodywork outs and slow steps on the treadmill.

I should note for the other guys out there, I initially had no pain with erections, then at 5 weeks or so I did have pain with erections, I now have no pain with erections. I’ve been able to cum with extremely careful and mostly just the tip oral and have not experienced any flare up from it.

Dr Rupeka’s office has been very responsive, mostly getting back to me the next day, but I’ve had zero issues with communication with them as some others on here have indicated.

I have a follow up with Dr Bazzi tomorrow just for peace of mind, I’m almost considering cancelling it but might as well just see him for the second opinion. I doubt he’ll have anything to add since he thought I would be fine during my last visit when I was considerably worse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: hoddle10, briceb, dstern22, Dream, Texas, Noxcuse