• Page:

TOPIC: Silicone removal

Silicone removal 2 months 1 week ago #1308715907

• Spuds1987
  • Spuds1987's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone here have any experience with Dr Carney. I believe I will have to get silicone Removal done and was just wondering if any one has had this done. I unfortunately was ill informed and had what's was called "proprietary formula" injected... I later found out that it was silicone and some other unknown formulas. Was assured that it was safe. Long story short I developed an abscess and have been on antibiotics for about 40 days... I'm not draining anymore at the moment but I fear infection will come back. I still have a small hole in shaft that does not appear to be healing... My Urologist has not been much help and referred me to another Urologist.... Just looking for some advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Silicone removal 2 months 1 week ago #1308715909

Spuds1987 wrote: Has anyone here have any experience with Dr Carney. I believe I will have to get silicone Removal done and was just wondering if any one has had this done. I unfortunately was ill informed and had what's was called "proprietary formula" injected... I later found out that it was silicone and some other unknown formulas. Was assured that it was safe. Long story short I developed an abscess and have been on antibiotics for about 40 days... I'm not draining anymore at the moment but I fear infection will come back. I still have a small hole in shaft that does not appear to be healing... My Urologist has not been much help and referred me to another Urologist.... Just looking for some advice.

Yes many have gone to Dr. Carney to have the silicone removed, I know this through both firsthand and secondhand information.

The issue is that most of those guys are almost certainly not logging in daily (most guys who have to deal with these matters usually rather not dwell on the subject post-Removal), and you'd have to be lucky that both a former Carney-silicone-Removal-patient happened to log in (or will log in the near future) AND come across this post.

Your best bet would be to reach out to Dr. Carney's office and ask if they have any former patients who have willingly provided their contact info in the event others needed to reach out for support/guidance.

Also, this is why Dr. Carney is so strongly recommended in this situation: (1) Most Urologists aren't necessarily versed in male Phalloplasty (the field remains experimental, in other words, there is no Urological Textbook on how to properly enlarge the penis); (2) Dr. Carney is both a Reconstructive Urological Surgeon AND "phalloplastician" (as in, he's well versed in most medical penis enlargement methodologies); and (3) he's done these specific removals a number of times to make him as qualified as any to perform the procedure, so that should be some reassurance moving forward.

The Loria operation needs to be shut down. I just don't understand why he doesn't employ Hyaluronic Acid (HA), PMMA (Bellafill), Radiesse, Renuva, or Fat Transfer as his filler-of-choice; all those have been demonstrably efficacious, but for some unexplainable reason he (Loria) would prefer his silicone oil proprietary cocktail mix injections. I have some ideas as to why he still takes this asinine route, but I'd much prefer waiting to see what else comes down the pipeline first.

Best of luck.

Silicone removal 2 months 1 week ago #1308715915

• Spuds1987
  • Spuds1987's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Have you heard of what the effects from after silicone Removal? Like down time from work? Are people still able to have sex after silicone Removal. I know with surgery there are always risk associated. I have appointment with him March 6th and have tons of questions. Have you ever heard of people that have silicone infection and being ok with just antibiotics? I know the ultimate goal is to have it removed... Just been a lot to process. I don't want to be out of work for 3 months etc...

Silicone removal 2 months 1 week ago #1308715922

Spuds1987 wrote: Have you heard of what the effects from after silicone Removal? Like down time from work? Are people still able to have sex after silicone Removal. I know with surgery there are always risk associated. I have appointment with him March 6th and have tons of questions. Have you ever heard of people that have silicone infection and being ok with just antibiotics? I know the ultimate goal is to have it removed... Just been a lot to process. I don't want to be out of work for 3 months etc...

It really depends on the severity of your issues. The good news is that more times than not, you can regain most semblance of a normal penis, form, function, and all. It could be something like removing as much silicone as possible while managing lingering infections, or it could end up being more extensive, like skin grafting.

I don't know of any treatments or procedures aimed at fixing a Loria botch job will keep you out of work for a prolonged period of time (my guess would be 2 weeks maximum), certainly not 3 months. This isn't like a type of disability that will prevent you to work (e.g. a broken leg), and worst case scenario is that you'll find yourself having to take more restroom breaks (or longer lunch breaks) to monitor healing as (and if) instructed by your Physician. Now the healing window is impossible to predict, because (1) it will be dependent on the nature of the repairs involved; and (2) every individual heals at different rates (and if you are much older and smoke, factors like those can impact healing windows as well).

Either way, good look with your appointment and make it a priority NOT to miss it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odouble

Silicone removal 2 months 1 week ago #1308715929

To add to what SO said, the risk of missed work time is much greater NOT getting it removed than it is getting it removed. If that hole doesn't close then it WILL get infected again. Even just that much time on antibiotics can cause problems with your immune system. Even if the hole healed and you beat the infection, the silicone would still be a ticking timebomb.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream