TOPIC: PMMA Post Care Suggestions

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715782

• RetroDS
  • RetroDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey There,
I received close to 80cc's of a PMMA filler on 2/6/24. The doctor was great, and the procedure was very smooth.
However, the post-care documentation was severely lacking. I was mainly told no sex, to keep it wrapped and clean, and to massage (but I wasn't shown how to massage).

I'm hoping this community had more input into a better post-care routine, ensuring I could get the best shape and size out of this.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715810

• Odouble
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi. 80 cc's sounds like a lot. Where and who did you get this procedure from? The only doctors we read about giving anywhere close to this amount is Rupeka but even he's closer to 60 cc's and provides all the aftercare instructions.

I really, truly hope you didn't get it from Dan Salas and SLE. If so, there's a good chance you were injected with silicone oil, which is very, very dangerous and risky. Silicone oil has longterm health hazards and you'll likely hear from @Skeptical_One soon recommending you immediately seek another doctor to have that removed. Did they show you the packaging confirming it was PMMA?
There is an "aftercare" thread started by @Texas , but again, I'm worried you might have been injected by something other than PMMA and that's really dangerous!
The following user(s) said Thank You: richardgaines

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715812

Odouble wrote: Hi. 80 cc's sounds like a lot. Where and who did you get this procedure from? The only doctors we read about giving anywhere close to this amount is Rupeka but even he's closer to 60 cc's and provides all the aftercare instructions.

I really, truly hope you didn't get it from Dan Salas and SLE. If so, there's a good chance you were injected with silicone oil, which is very, very dangerous and risky. Silicone oil has longterm health hazards and you'll likely hear from @Skeptical_One soon recommending you immediately seek another doctor to have that removed. Did they show you the packaging confirming it was PMMA?
There is an "aftercare" thread started by @Texas , but again, I'm worried you might have been injected by something other than PMMA and that's really dangerous!

^^ What he said B)

In truth, until we know more details (especially the performing physician and filler involved), it's hard to provide you additional advice. We'd like to, that's part of being in this Community, so if you don't mind divulging a few extra details that would help (pictures a plus).

Also, was this 80cc's in one-go? If so, I'm wiling to wager that @Odouble is on the money with this one. The most I've also seen pushed PMMA to the max is Dr. Rupeka, and that was like 50 or 60cc's in a single session (and I'm convinced that was a Clerical error/typo, but I digress).

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715832

• RetroDS
  • RetroDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there,
Thank you for the reply and concern @Skeptical_One @Odouble le

The doctor was neither mentioned, he is Texas based with a few locations, great reviews and seemed to check out. I will provide more details shortly as I haven't seen much about him on here.

The product itself was confirmed PMMA, I got to review the product and lab cert. It was also confirmed close to 80cc's, it was 8 10ml syringes assigned in my "pack". It was some of the biggest needles and syringes I've seen in my life.

I was quite shocked that that much as allocated for the first session as I expected at least two sessions but we started with 40cc and decided to proceed with more.

When I unwrap next I'll take photos and post, currently on day 5. Swelling has gone down about an inch. Starting FG was 4.5 After was 7.5, currently at 6.5, Head has also grown. things look good, just puffy. bruising is almost gone, majority of swelling is below the filler and my glans.

The product, feels correct. It's mailable but firm, meets expectations. I'm assuming with the amount I will loose some to migration.
FL prior was 4.5 and currently at 5.5, Erection Quality is slowly returning. I should note my Flaccid is rather flexible and can easily be stretched out to slightly past my full El.

Overall no complaints and he's been checking in regularly, says healing looks good. Just the post care instructions were lacking, was only told to massage and keep wrapped, no sex for a month, 14 days of meds. I did eventually find @Texas Post but unable to apply any vacuum stretcher or weight for another few days I'm assuming.

Last edit: by RetroDS.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715833

RetroDS wrote: The product itself was confirmed PMMA, I got to review the product and lab cert. It was also confirmed close to 80cc's, it was 8 10ml syringes assigned in my "pack". It was some of the biggest needles and syringes I've seen in my life.

What was the brand of PMMA? Bellafill is the only one approved in the US and I've only ever heard of it coming in 0.8ml syringes.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715834

Otis is correct. Was the Doctor able to show you the packaging?

I'm not saying he's using silicone, but Dr. Loria has affiliates around the country (I think a handful but I could be wrong) who use his (questionably legal) proprietary filler made in some compound lab with who knows what industry standards.

80 cc's is a ton. Especially with that much bovine collagen, at least Linnea Safe (with a gel-like carrier) breaks down and absorbs relatively quickly, whereas the bovine can take weeks.

Perhaps you have a very long shaft (7inches+) and very compliant skin, or this Doctor was comfortable with pushing limits, who knows. You now say he's checking in regularly, so that should satisfy your post-op questions, so all you can do now is follow his instructions and let it all heal.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715865

• Odouble
  • Thank you received: 19
Yeah, that's quite a revelation! It's definitely pushing past what's been argued as typically "normal" (20 cc's on average per session), meaning you got about 4 times the average amount per session.

Here's the weight ball that AD gives you with the session: www.amazon.com/5-99oz-Weight-Stretcher-E...astity/dp/B07871PLTD . Texas argues it's not nearly as heavy as he would prefer. It took me about a week to get used to the weight. More than anything, it kinda hurts around the head because it gets sensitive. AD says to wear it for about 15-20 minutes at least 3-4 times a day. But I didn't take any chances and wore it for hours a day, taking it off/adjusting just a few times throughout the day. DO NOT wear it when going to bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avanti_Derma

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 1 week ago #1308715923

a 10ml syringe is massive as well - any info on who the doc is? I googled extensively for PMMA docs in Texas because I hate flying, but everyone I've seen is either HA, or silicone, which i aint touching.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 1 week ago #1308715926

itgoesthud wrote: a 10ml syringe is massive as well - any info on who the doc is? I googled extensively for PMMA docs in Texas because I hate flying, but everyone I've seen is either HA, or silicone, which i aint touching.

Hyaluronic Acid (HA) and silicone are on the literal opposite ends of the spectrum; HA has arguably the best safety profile among dermal fillers whereas silicone oil has arguably the worst. I wouldn't write off HA in the hands of a quality injector (the Dallas PhalloFILL location has put out a lot of great work and satisfied patients --> click the Review Tab in addition to comments made around this forum about their Team).

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 1 week ago #1308715941

Skeptical_One wrote: Hyaluronic Acid (HA) and silicone are on the literal opposite ends of the spectrum; HA has arguably the best safety profile among dermal fillers whereas silicone oil has arguably the worst. I wouldn't write off HA in the hands of a quality injector (the Dallas PhalloFILL location has put out a lot of great work and satisfied patients --> click the Review Tab in addition to comments made around this forum about their Team).

Indeed, I think my wording may have been off? HA i absolutely will touch, and have (and have some bits still remaining in my junk still from a long while back). If I were down for more HA I'd be at Dr Clavell's office tomorrow, cash in hand.
What i will absolutely NOT touch (in large part thanks to reading here) is silicone, and if a doctor offers it he doesn't know dicks, and as such, I'll write them off entirely.

I just don't want to do HA any more - nothing against the outcome, but I'm ready for PMMA.It's just a whole ordeal getting scheduling sorted to get to TJ or Ohio or Florida, whereas a 4 hour drive is no biggie.

PMMA Post Care Suggestions 2 months 2 days ago #1308716080

This entire post feels really odd.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream