• Page:

TOPIC: Need advice on next steps

Need advice on next steps 2 years 4 weeks ago #1308706974

• jeff21
  • jeff21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 2
Just wanted to share these to show how much worse its gotten since I said I would share pics and all. Clearly much larger than previous if you scroll above. Pretty tender and painful on the big lump and it feels much firmer and larger as well. All lumps and bumps more noticeable with Erection.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need advice on next steps 2 years 4 weeks ago #1308706976

Hi Jeff21,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you are having such troubles. As Skeptical one has said an inflammatory reaction/granuloma looks to be the issue. I dont really have an explanation as to why it got bigger with the hyalase/steroid injections - that would have been exactly my plan. Usually i would look at repeating them - the hyalase can be repeated even after a couple of days the steroid maybe every 2 weeks if trying to get results asap. I usually mix 5 Flurouracil (5FU) with my steroid. Usually in HA granuloma the settle quickly. Usually. And i think it is more common with Voluma that some other HA fillers.

But this time they have not settled quickly. I dont think worrying about lymphatics etc is going to help. I dont think rushing off to see another doctor is needed yet - it is more if your doctor does not seem to care and does not have any plan. If you dont have any serious contraindication I would consider a course of oral steroids say 50mg Prednisolone mornings for say 5/7, 25mg for 5/7, 12.5 mg for 5/7 then 6.25 (1/4 of 25mg tablet) for 5/7. Maybe combine with Tacrolimus cream. If that does not work may have to move into something like Methotrexate. There are a lot of medical options before any surgery. Unfortunately cannula breakup is not really helpful for these - to my knowledge. Although break up with a fine fibre optic laser might be.

Looking forward to hearing what solves this for you and hope it is soon!

Need advice on next steps 1 year 3 months ago #1308710556

Any updates on your situation Jeff? I'm going through what sounds like the same thing right now. I also got Volluma from Shafer last summer. Got small lumps. Those slowly swelled and got bigger. Have already gone back for hyaluronidase/steroid/5FU injections a few times. Each time it seems to get a little better, but then it starts all over again. It still isnt resolved. Wondering if this ever stopped and eventually got better for you.

Need advice on next steps 1 year 2 months ago #1308710751

Also bump. Is there any progress report on here that has had a good experience with Shafer?

Need advice on next steps 1 year 2 months ago #1308710847

Hey Jeff 21 & jrocket12 Please make sure to reach out to my assistant Luc so we can see you & take care of you .
Email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he will be happy to assist you.

Need advice on next steps 1 year 2 months ago #1308710854

Just wanted to chime in to defend Dr Shafer with regards to this question. He has been super and very responsive in addressing issues. He isnt the problem here.

Dr Shafer: I still have a couple small lumps, but just letting them be for the moment. I will reach back out at some point.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream