• Page:

TOPIC: PMMA infection.

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706021

• New_member
  • New_member's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 8
@sketical_one I appreciate your response and positive outlook. I’ve put any marital stress if there is any by doing this…. She’s honestly been my rock in this. The wife just wants me to get back in right head space.

Never had stress or anxiety issues before this, but maybe this whole ordeal has brought some out.

I just wanna get healthy and get past this, however I have to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706023

Between your initial ordeal plus having been under a pandemic umbrella during said-ordeal, it's no surprise your recent bout of thoughts have made you question your penis again, but I must say, I doubt this is the case.

Your infection has been resolved it appears, and your current symptoms simply don't appear infection-like. Of course, I'm not a doctor and you ought to continue with the direction I gave initially. I don't think I've ever offered this kind of advice but I'd look into meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, or nature walking/hiking. Means to deflate stress and to get your mind off of your Dick, which very well may not be the problem at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: New_member

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706024

• New_member
My general physician is so great. Right off the bat he asked why I was giving myself such a hard time for getting the procedure done.

While I still wish I didn’t go down the enhancement road it was nice to hear him say that. I have a lot of guilt about getting it done, feeling it was very selfish risking health and a family.

The Docter feels it may be a true anxiety situation. Something I’ve never faced before, but if it is the mind is a very power thing..

I’ll feel better when my bloodwork comes back…. That won’t be till Monday. He recommended I talk to another Urologist so I’ll set that up next week hopefully. If this is only anxiety and it’s stemming from the PMMA it’s likely still worth it to remove and keep my head from going there in the future…. I know that’s a bold statement to make, but I’m physically, emotionally drained….

In the meantime, it’ll be the first time I’ve even taken a xanex. If that makes a huge difference I’ll know something I guess.

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706025

New_member wrote: My general physician is so great. Right off the bat he asked why I was giving myself such a hard time for getting the procedure done.

While I still wish I didn’t go down the enhancement road it was nice to hear him say that. I have a lot of guilt about getting it done, feeling it was very selfish risking health and a family.

The Docter feels it may be a true anxiety situation. Something I’ve never faced before, but if it is the mind is a very power thing..

I’ll feel better when my bloodwork comes back…. That won’t be till Monday. He recommended I talk to another urologist so I’ll set that up next week hopefully. If this is only anxiety and it’s stemming from the PMMA it’s likely still worth it to remove and keep my head from going there in the future…. I know that’s a bold statement to make, but I’m physically, emotionally drained….

In the meantime, it’ll be the first time I’ve even taken a xanex. If that makes a huge difference I’ll know something I guess.

I will say this much: if it turns out this is some kind of anxiety (e.g. marital, hypochondria, etc), then removing the PMMA would be a terrible idea. You'll want to manage your mental health first, and when you do, you'll find that the procedure will be a far memory. You'll have your enhanced penis, but you won't dwell on it day-to-day or week-to-week. As a matter of fact, in years you won't think much of it at all, except the times when you're in the bedroom having a blast.

Removing PMMA unnecessarily (as in, there is no medical necessity to do so) opens you up to even more risks: the invasive nature of the procedure means you'll be re-introduced to the risks of infection you dealt with originally, but alongside that other risks which could be detrimental to your penis, even if uncommon (e.g. tissue or nerve damage). In order to justify its removal, the benefits must outweigh the cons considerably.

Dermal fillers are applied all over the body and typically most complications are short-term and treatable. Like I said before, if your infection has been resolved and you have no other issues associated with your penis/PMMA, I'd focus your mental energy on improving your current state and accept that your unit will be just fine :)

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706029

• New_member
@sketical_one I definitely appreciate where you’re coming from. I’m not rushing to any decision, but being honest on here if this is a trigger for anxiety (and this is truly anxiety) then I can’t deal with it ongoing. And it’s an issue I never had before, one I didn’t factor into my original decision to move forward with procedure. I thought worst case infection, check. That happened. Now continued anxiety for the next issue is one I never expected.

I do agree though time heals a lot of memories and hopefully it won’t go to this each time I’m ill, but I do fear for me that voice might say remember “there’s a foreign substance in your body that we can’t get out” and I just hope that’s not the case for years to come.

I’m just being real on here.. which I hope everyone appreciates. I’m curious on this next Urologist and what his guidance will be.

PMMA infection. 2 years 4 months ago #1308706035

• Danpe
  • Thank you received: 9
“occasional twitch like pains“

I had some similar feelings as well. They subsided.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream