TOPIC: Post PMMA anxiety

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701033

• New_member
  • New_member's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 8
Gents,

I had my PMMA procedure 6 days ago. I have to say I never thought I would ever reach this level of stress after. It really stemmed from some pain I got in the back (kidneys I believe) that has resolved, but gave me a huge scare to say the least. I thought I went into this in a good head space.

I went into this not telling my wife it was a procedure in México, but a P-shot in San Diego. That was mistake number one.... I came clean after a few days when I got back because it was weighing heavy on me. It’s hard to hide physical pain from the family as well. When I got back I realized I decided to spend two days alway from my pregnant wife and young daughters... All because cause I wanted my Dick fatter. (A real Dick move to say the least - pun intended).

My wife was gracious and forgiving as she always is and didn’t dig into any details, but now I’m left with major concerns from issues with PMMA. To take a chance on shortening my life over this is just selfish. Is there any real concern there?

As I researched PMMA I looked for all the reasons it was safe. I didn’t look for all the reasons it will majorly effect me later. Is there real documented cases of Linnea safe doing harm to people? If so, I’m likely too late now I know.

Maybe after a few months my anxiety goes down, but I feel I made a selfish move wrapped under the disguise of pleasing an already happy wife. The focus should have been on her then the thing between my legs.

Did I get myself into a mess here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701034

I'll start off with please don't take any of this as being in any way dismissive.

I had the exact same feelings. I have a wife and young kids, a life ahead of me still. If you have some tolerance for risk and can reason through situations well with your emotions, you will be fine, but you're going to be riding some waves.

I took a lot of comfort even in the paper released by Dr C. Really read it. The satisfaction rate is quite high for a cosmetic procedure and the only real complications are relatively minor/aesthetic even though they're fairly prevalent. But the satisfaction rate still remains high.

I've followed these forums since about 2010/2011 I believe, I've read everything I can here and every where else. You honestly will be fine. I've stumbled across and talked to guys with PMMA outside of here too around the net. One in particular recently and I asked him questions. He had his first session about a decade ago and has had no issues other than a minor aesthetic lump from when he went back more recently for a third session. Still was happy with everything, didn't seem too concerned with getting that corrected any time soon.

When you really read about where PMMA has low complication rates, where it doesn't work as well, how it should be injected, volumes used... etc etc etc, you kind of start to realize that at least you were in good hands. Yes, some guys have had relatively minor issues. Yes some have a little more intense (some I'd argue were more paranoid).

I can honestly say that I was more anxious and worried after my Circumcision than the fillers.

Take a breath, focus on why you made the decision initially. Be patient. Don't take on problems now that don't even exist. They're being created in your mind.

Also, this won't shorten your life. I think you had another physical issue going on and associated it with this. But I also get that... I'd link any twinge, cramp, sensation to the PMMA for months after I had this all done. Then you realize it really is unrelated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: New_member

Last edit: by justn8.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701035

@New_member Take a deep breath. You took a very short break to get something done that your wife will ultimately enjoy.

Medical-grade materials like PMMA have been used for decades in different applications throughout the body. The PMMA you had injected has an American iteration (carrier being the notable difference) approved by the FDA. There is no materials or articles I know of that have pointed to PMMA as potentially harmful long-term or carcinogenic.

The anxiety is normal, and as you grow accustomed to your unit, the anxiety will naturally subside. Continue following post-op protocol, sit back and enjoy some eggnog this holiday season. Things will be fine B) ;)

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701038

What @Skeptical_One and @justn8 are spot on. Relax bro, you’re going to be fine!

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701039

• New_member
Guys I can’t thank you both for these words of wisdom. I’ve freaked out for sure. The kidney pain made me go down a dark road in the head.

Avanti did a great job regarding the procedure itself.. I’m assuming the back pain was a UTI or something, but I’ll never know.

Thanks so much for the words on Linnea safe. I did feel it was low risk and I hope that ends up being the case. You guys give me a lot of hope and I greatly appreciate it.

I can say you guys were right about this being a rollercoaster. It’s between the ears that’s the biggest struggle. Another reason I’m thankful for this group.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701040

• New_member
For last peace of mind.. is the FDA approved PMMA the same size as the Linnea Safe? I guess the talk of it migrating long distances is all around the size. I’m hearing Linnea safe couldn’t migrate far due to size

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701041

New_member wrote: For last peace of mind.. is the FDA approved PMMA the same size as the Linnea Safe? I guess the talk of it migrating long distances is all around the size. I’m hearing Linnea safe couldn’t migrate far due to size

It isn't Linnea Safe, it's Bellafill that's FDA approved. The point I was making with the FDA was that they were able to get clearance for use in the U.S. which gives its safety profile some legitimacy. Sure, the FDA doesn't always have the best reputation, but in this regard, I feel it's a plus.

The primary difference between Bellafill (US) and the rest of the PMMA out there is the carrier: Bovine & cellulose respectively.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 4 months ago #1308701042

• New_member
Absolutely. It does give me peace of mind people live with all kinds of foreign substance in the body. I’m was hearing the microspheres of both (Bellafill and Linnea Safe) are a size that is safe. In other words it can’t migrate long distances in the body.

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 3 months ago #1308701169

• New_member
Merry Christmas gents. I just wanted to quickly update my latest.... My kidney pain subsided probably a day or so after my post. What a huge relief, but it did the damage mentally. I’m still pretty concerned with PMMA, but only a few weeks out. I can say that I didn’t come in with a good head space.

I’m cycling off the test for awhile to see if an estrogen spike with stress may be playing a role in this, but for me the procedure was to take my mind away from my Dick get above average and move forward. It has unfortunately has made me think about my Dick constantly... Still holding out that I’m only two weeks post procedure and that the slight irregularities will straighten out. I have what feels like a clump (Lima bean like) deep on the left side of shaft near circ scar which I really hope goes down as it’s a bit uncomfortable. I have the injection site nodules or lumps which I kind of expected. One is visually noticeable that likely I’ll want to get addressed if it doesn’t go down. It’s just near the surface as I bleed there the most after injection, but no discomfort.

The wife did express that it felt a bit less jabbing during sex. I had a slight downward bend which made sex sometimes uncomfortable for my wife, which partially drove me go this route. Most everything I researched did not have great results in correcting bends, the PMMA Girth I already feel will make sex more comfortable with my wife, which honestly is why I’m still hopefully this was a fruitful endeavor.

I’ve currently still got the needles pain feeling in parts of the Dick and very itchy. The itch I’m assuming is collagen forming.

How many weeks do you feel you should wait to assure lumps/nodules don’t subside on their own?

I’ll also say Avanti Derma was very good and communicated well with me even through the kidney pain. (Whatever the heck it was) I have not reached out about the nodules yet, but will likely first of next week. How is that typically handled? Are they very willing do treat those at no charge and if so how long do they want you to wait?

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 3 months ago #1308701171

How long after your procedure did you get the lump and nodules?

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 3 months ago #1308701172

• New_member
The injection lumps are more noticeable I believe since swelled has subsided. The larger lump on left circ scar has been there since first injection. Nothing seems bigger or larger just able to feel it better in my opinion.

In short, I’m pretty sure they’ve been there since procedure (2 weeks ago)

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 3 months ago #1308701173

Did you have a lot of product in the circ scar area? That was my fear was not being able to get it all out in time. If you’re going back for a touch up you can address it at that point. From what you’ve written it seems like you’ve had regret since the beginning. Besides the small things that can be addressed do you enjoy it better for sex?

Post PMMA anxiety 3 years 3 months ago #1308701174

• New_member
Yeah I realize a lot of my problems are between the ears from the start (normal jitters), but got some bad luck with kidney stuff. The stress hasn’t helped me one bit.

The sex will be better I can tell, but I do still have stinging needle sensation and I’m pretty pain tolerant. So the few times have been better for her, but painful for me.

I wasn’t planning on a round two, but a touch up session may be a must if these don’t resolve themselves.

I just didn’t want to miss any window to make it easier to correct if there is such a thing.

Last edit: by New_member.
  • Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream