• Page:

TOPIC: Renuva Questions

Renuva Questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712128

• MoMoney
  • MoMoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 4
Renuva seems to be one of the new kids on the block.

My IPP surgeon recommends it. I generally trust him. He claims that Renuva or Renuva/FFT combo is essentially permanent or permanent-sh (acknowledging body natural changes over time).

I see mixed sentiment from the community regarding this. Some saying permanent, some saying temporary, some saying pseudo-permanent (changes as your body naturally changes over time).

Also, was it determined that Renuva alone stimulates your body's creation of fat, collagen, or both? Again, I see claims going in each direction.

I generally really like the idea of of Renuva if its permanent-ish. I'm way too skinny to do FFT, and I don't feel like forking out cash each year to do HA. PMMA is another option, but my IPP surgeon is against it.

Can anyone provide tangible proof regarding any of the above? Or, if there is anyone with anecdotal experience, that would be appreciated too (although I haven't seen any guys on here who received Renuva only, but I admit I may have missed them).

Anyways, I'm looking to narrow down my options here. Renuva, HA, and PMMA are all options on the table. Ideally, Renuva would be permanent or semi-permanent, and I can go get a few rounds to gain .5 Inch and then move on with my life.

I may end up getting consultations with Dr. Tsay and Dr. Emer just to get a 2nd/3rd opinion.

Thanks everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Renuva Questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #1308712130

• ou812
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm curious too. I understand it costs more than HA and probably more than Bellafil. If it takes the same volume as a fat transfer, like 50-60 cc, that would be cost prohibited. From what read it last the life of a fat cell, around 10 years.

Renuva Questions 10 months 3 weeks ago #1308712527

• Dr_Tsay
  • Thank you received: 2
MoMoney,

You've nailed several great points on Renuva. It does stimulate your body to grow it own fat AND collagen (people underestimate the collagen stimulation that in inherent in the growth factors in Renuva). How much as a head to head comparison to say Bellafill or Sculptra or Calcium Hydroxyapatite has yet to be clinically determined. There are no long term studies on Renuva beyond maybe 10 years for longevity so we shal see. I believe as stand alone it can be pricier than HA but definitely will be much longer lasting than HA. I have injected a lot of Bellafill in my experience (in the face and NOT for GE) and have not had any serious or major adverse reactions, but I have friends/doctors that have seen some catastrophic cases and all it takes is 1 to bring down your practice.
Best wishes,
Dr. Tsay

Renuva Questions 10 months 3 weeks ago #1308712528

• Dr_Tsay
  • Thank you received: 2
ou812

If someone is a candidate for fat transfer I would never advise Renuva over the former. You are right, as a stand alone treatment it can be cost prohibitive. However after you have undergone 1-2 rounds of fat transfer and need a top off of less than 10 m of fat then Renuva would be a great add on rather than undergoing another round of the more invasive fat transfer just for a "top off" or to even out irregularities.
Best Wishes
Dr. Tsay

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream