Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Private Message System

Private Message System 8 months 1 week ago #1308696620

You'll notice the Private Message inbox has been moved onto the Tab bar above the forum but is still inaccessible. This is because it is still undergoing a revamp (for those who remember, the initial private message system was altogether archaic and I wanted a more modern inbox akin to 2.0's design), and I'd expect full implementation by the end of this Month.

If you wish to communicate with Forum Members, you can try to contact their 2.0 username's over at PhalloBoards 2.0 (the PM system there will remain active indefinitely), and if you wish to contact me, you can always use the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email.

Skeptical One
PhalloBoards Owner & Administrator
www.phalloboards.info (PhalloBoards 3.0)
phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com (PhalloBoards 2.0)
phalloplasty.proboards.com (PhalloBoards 1.0)
Social Media Accounts Coming Soon!
phalloboards@gmail.com (General Inquiries)
phalloboardsofficial@gmail.com (Premium Membership Inquires)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Private Message System 7 months 2 weeks ago #1308696944

Sorry if this is a wrong thread but I have a feeling that my private messages was not delievered. I've send a few messages to a few members and have no response. I've also send one PM to you @SkepticalOne, please check your PM box and let me know if you recieved my message.

Private Message System 7 months 2 weeks ago #1308696945

My web developer is revamping our private message system. When this site launched, I found the PM system to be ugly & outdated so I'm having them upgrade it to something similar to the PM system on 2.0. Due to the coding involved, it will take time but should be live sometime this month (hopefully as early as this week).

The PM system on 2.0 is still working if you need to reach members that way, try typing in their username and see if they happen to have an account there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Skeptical One

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697607

Skeptical One wrote: My web developer is revamping our private message system. When this site launched, I found the PM system to be ugly & outdated so I'm having them upgrade it to something similar to the PM system on 2.0. Due to the coding involved, it will take time but should be live sometime this month (hopefully as early as this week).

The PM system on 2.0 is still working if you need to reach members that way, try typing in their username and see if they happen to have an account there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Skeptical One
Did you received my PM to you? Or is this some technical issue with PM box?

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697609

I'm pretty sure my messages aren't being received either. I hope those who have messaged me and not received a reply don't think I'm ignoring them. I've replied to all the messages in my inbox, but I've noticed I don't get a response to any questions I pose in these replies. Obviously no one is required to reply to me and I could well be boring them, but I still get messages on the old forum and usually they end up being a bit of a back and forth thing. Yet it isn't happening on here. Recently I've started actually asking people to confirm receiving my messages and still nothing.

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697611

• Noxcuse
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 10
It is mainly because there is no notification system to let you know you have a pm. I went to my profile to see my PMS and realized I have 2 there. When I click them, it brings me to the new inbox which shows I have none. I guess those two messages are lost in limbo?
Starting 10/1 4 1/2 mseg 6 bpel Current 5.25 mseg 6.75 bpel Current goal 7.25 BPEL 5.5 MSEG

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697613

The new private message system is revamped. There is a way to see if you have a new private message, you're "Private Message" tab above will blink with the amount of new messages you have. Private messages are stored as conversations and you can select between conversations on the left by clicking the subject line of said-convo (mobile users read last paragraph).

Messages from December 2019 to the end of May 2020 on this forum were unfortunately victim to the system overhaul. If there was sensitive information you need to retrieve from those messages, I'll see if I can get my web team to recover them, but messages moving forward will be safe and will remain in your inbox.

The new private message system is now live. Please use this topic to post any new bugs. For the most part I believe most everything pertaining to core functionality works, and I recommend using it instead of the PhalloBoards 2.0 system.

(For mobile users: you'll need to scroll to the bottom to see the current message. In order to change PM convos, click on the subject of any of the messages in your inbox to access said-convo)

Skeptical One

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697619

Here is what I sent in PM. I have a few issues with this new PM box:

1. All of my previous messages&conversations has been deleted.
2. I don't see the name of the member to whom I sent my PM.
3. I don't see where is the "outbox" PM.

I must admit that PM box on PB 2.0 was more user friendly and comfortable to use. IMO.

Private Message System 5 months 1 week ago #1308697624

@Herbert West

1. All of my previous messages&conversations has been deleted.
Were these messages a part of the new inbox or the old inbox? The old inbox was scrapped in favor of a new system overhaul. Apologize for any inconvenience and this is more-or-less inevitability when creating a site from the bottom up. The good news is that the information and messages should be permanent & safe moving forward.

2. I don't see the name of the member to whom I sent my PM.
Can you see a screenshot? I don't seem to have this problem and can't seem to replicate your issue. Email the screenshot to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (or upload it here if you wish).

3. I don't see where is the "outbox" PM.
There is no outbox because the PM's are in a "conversation" format. Each comment incoming and outgoing are on the same message, just like 2.0's inbox.

"I must admit that PM box on PB 2.0 was more user friendly and comfortable to use. IMO."
The PB 3.0 is modeled after the 2.0 inbox, and will continue to receive aesthetic & functional upgrades. You have to remember that the 2.0 inbox was years of development by a team of programmers with considerably more funds & resources than myself... the fact that I've been able to get a modest replica of the 2.0 inbox for this site (instead of the archaic older inbox that was installed by default) is a big plus imo.

It's obviously not identical, and change can be uncomfortable, but it's meant to be intuitive and user-friendly and I think you'll get used to the new design sooner than you imagine.

Skeptical One

Private Message System 4 months 3 weeks ago #1308697714

@SO

It seems like you didn't receive my latest PM to you. Also I can't delete conversation, this function just doesn't work.

Private Message System 4 months 3 weeks ago #1308697715

I did receive it I just haven't been able to get around to contacting the individual in question. I'll get to it sometime today.
I see the deletion error as well, (I didn't even realize the option was there since I never delete conversations), I'll have that corrected within 48 hours.

Skeptical One

Private Message System 4 months 3 weeks ago #1308697762

• Noxcuse
  • Thank you received: 10
I currently show that I have 2 private messages in my inbox but when I go to my private messages, it shows I dont have any messages. Are those two stuck in the last version and I wont be able to access them?
Starting 10/1 4 1/2 mseg 6 bpel Current 5.25 mseg 6.75 bpel Current goal 7.25 BPEL 5.5 MSEG

Private Message System 4 months 3 weeks ago #1308697771

Noxcuse wrote: I currently show that I have 2 private messages in my inbox but when I go to my private messages, it shows I dont have any messages. Are those two stuck in the last version and I wont be able to access them?

No I don't believe they are "stuck messages," and apparently a glitch/bug in the code (it's happened to me only to go away after re-logging).

I'll forward this to the tech team to resolve, sorry for the inconvenience!

Skeptical One

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10briceb