PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Topical Corticosteroid+DMSO to prevent nodule/collagen formation

Topical Corticosteroid+DMSO to prevent nodule/collagen formation 5 years 4 months ago #1306586545

Recently had a touch up in an to attempt to correct several aesthetic issues. As usually there\'s been improvements in some areas while other areas are developing worse off than before - I can see and feel small nodules and irregularities starting to form. Kenalog has generally not been found to be an effective treatment at correcting nodules. However I\'ve found that it can be effective in preventing a nodule from forming if used soon enough after a session.During one of my previous corrections Dr. C saw me a few days after and injected kenalog to treat an overcorrection/overfill of pmma. He tried to inject the pmma about a half inch down from the entry point but most of it ended up just below the enter point. The kenalog injection did the trick and a nodule never developed, in fact it seemed like no collagen at all had formed as the area flattened out completely and has remained flat ever since. I know there was at least some pmma in that spot because I clearly saw him injected about half a cc there and the area was elevated and as hard as the other spots where pmma was injected, the swelling had more or less subsided since I was entering into the \'low point\' period. Unfortunately this time around I\'m in no position to travel back to Dr. C and there is no one locally who is willing to administer a kenalog injection in the area. If anyone knows of a online pharmacy where I can order it without a prescription that would be of help. But for the time being I\'m left with little choice but to experiment on my own.I happen to have some Taro-Clobetasol ointment(0.05%) from a prescription I received to treat a skin condition a couple years back. It was for an inflammatory response to an environmental allergen and the Clobetasol was very effective at resolving the condition.Clobetasol is a far more potent steroid than triamcinolone(kenalog) and is categorized as having the highest potency for a topical steroid www.verywellhealth.com/steroids-topical-...1068832Triamcinolone meanwhile is only moderately potent/mid strength. Of course I\'m sure the means of administration has a lot to do with how effective they are. The question is how well/deep is Taro-Clobetasol ointment(or corticosteroid ointments in general) absorbed into the skin and would it be help in reducing collagen formation? And would DMSO help to carry it deeper into the underlying tissues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Topical Corticosteroid+DMSO to prevent nodule/collagen formation 5 years 3 months ago #1306615324

Give it a try. It sounds like a good experiment.

Topical Corticosteroid+DMSO to prevent nodule/collagen formation 5 years 3 months ago #1306696291

Did you do it? I\'d be surprised if this worked. I had high dose Kenalog injected deep in the nodules, and it didn\'t work on them at all.

Topical Corticosteroid+DMSO to prevent nodule/collagen formation 5 years 3 months ago #1306728182

I don\'t think the clobetasol in and of itself would do much of anything, so I\'ve been applying it with DMSO since the first day and then I added ACV with the DMSO after the 4th day. It\'s interesting how DMSO by itself barely causes any kind of skin reaction but once you add ACV to it - even in low percentages, suddenly there\'s severe skin irritation/inflammation.

As for the results, the irregularities have definitely decreased significantly. That said I\'m not sure how much of that I can attribute to the steroid, which is only in 0.5% strength. It might be the DSMO & ACV(5 to 1 ratio this time) that\'s having more of an effect softening up things or perhaps I just had a really bad initial reaction and now that the collagen formation is happening things are evening out? It doesn\'t appear to have had any negative effects on the skin or overall healing process. I plan on keep applying this combination for another week and then stopping.

The touchup before this one also result in several irregularities noticeable only after the 1st week, though not as deep or covering as large of an area. That time I only used DMSO+ACV(different ratio 3 to 1) and it also initially resulted in a continuous decrease from the 1st week through to the 4th week. But then suddenly the irregularities started hardening. Not sure if it was the DMSO or if it was just normal for that phase of collagen formation but just in case this time I\'ll discontinue everything at that mark.

• Page: