PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: scar tissue removal from implant

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269548214

Hey Mark, nice talking to you today. try what we discussed and see what happens.

We all must admit that a year or so ago the implant was ONE good option for a sure Girth enhancement. Today we have PMMA and of course we all agree that at this point there is nothing better. We need to put that in prospective. Mark, I and a few others had minor issues with the implant and some of us removed it for a better solution, PMMA.

I still believe, done properly and carefully by the Dr, that the implant has its place with micro penis cases. The new material is promising but the Dr has to pay attention to details and has to be 100% upfront with its complications and its post op care.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269571228

Thanks so much L.T. and Mustang, Now the thing bothering me the most is: say I do decide to keep the implant in, in reality it\'s probably unlikely that I would get a spontaneous infection, and they can usually be dealt with before causing any lasting, serious problems..... but..... now my worry is, it seems the longer the implant is in / the more likely one is to have serious scar tissue build up.... no?? It seems that would be the case, and since there probably is a chance that I would want it out SOME day...... wouldn\'t that alone almost be reason enough to have it taken out?? I mean, if there wasn\'t this PMMA option, I wouldn\'t even think about it, I love this nice Girth! but I don\'t want to leave it in so long that I have a scared up banana for a Dick if I need it out and then not even be a candidate for PMMA .... know what I mean? oh what to do! Good luck all!

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269572089

Mark, the scar tissue has already developed by now and is has settled. I do not see why you should get an infection UNLESS the implant edges causes problems. If you remove it and not replace it with a new one, then you will have retraction and curvature for sure, how severe it depends on the individual. I suggest you decide if you want the new implant, then have it done and you will heal very quickly and should have no problems or if you want PMMA, then you can do that at your convenience.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269573901

Thanks bud.... yeah I know I should just relax and think on this for a while. Just maybe Dr Elist would even let me know if he see\'s more scar tissue the longer an implant has been in.... hope I can trust his answer.... but there are just not many people who know for sure..... maybe some other plastic surgeons could help as well.....

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269585770

I dont think that is totally true, that the longer a patient has it the more scar tissue. I only had it for 9 weeks, with substantial scar tissue. Mustang for along while 1 year or so, with virtually no scar tissue...MM for over 4-5 months...no scar tissue. Im beginning to thing the longer you have it the less....

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269589804

Scarring will be different for each individual and is not necessarily based on the duration of having the implant. Pulling a \"U-Turn\" from having such a procedure is risky and difficult. The sooner it is removed, the more likely non surgical treatment will be of benefit to the scarred tissue. If one waits a year or more, surgical intervention is likely the only option if scarring is bad and causes retraction, curvature, shortening or other deformity. FWIW

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269602779

Thanks for the input, I can see how it could go either way as far as amount of scar tissue per length of time since placement. I think all of you are right, that it\'s different for each guys scenario. I think I might have less because of the no internal stitching as well. Also since I\'ve never had any pain issues and my penis really seems to move, lay down, stand up straight all w/o any constrictions or \"sticking points\" so to speak....... at least I hope so.
I\'m going to e-mail Elist to see what he says about the time frame vs. scar tissue issue as well..... not that you can totally trust his answer, but maybe he will say something of value about it. (he was supposed to call me back a week ago, but of course I haven\'t heard from him yet) suprise suprise!
In any case I will probably just wait until around March/April near the 2 year point to make any decision. Thanks for the thread L.T.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269605253

I think that if an implant patient had problems from day one, then the scar tissue is more likely to be severe. If they did not have any issues with infection or sharp edges, then the scar tissue is likely to be less and future complications are also less severe. Add to that that healing depends on each individual, and you have a complicated matrix of possibilities!!!!

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269605795

You have no idea.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269941543

Hey men, just given a quick update..I am scheduled for release of penile scar tissue with Camacho next tuesday. I am very excited to have this chord or band removed. I am not focused on gaining length right now, it is just to have a nice smooth shaft. Then I will be able to hang for length. Length should come easier than before since I should not have the scar tissue holding me back. Wish me luck, and I will post when I get back.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 8 months ago #1269942006

good luck buddy

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 7 months ago #1269971397

Hey lastime, I\'m looking forward to hear how your surgery goes, I have a ton of scar tissue, but can\'t do anything about it now because of money and resources. Hope everything goes great.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 7 months ago #1269975719

LT, keep us updated and take a bunch of pix for your records. Good luck!

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 7 months ago #1270029902

hey men, just walked in the front door back from TJ. It was a wonderful experience with Dr. Camacho and his staff, and he successfully removed all my scar tissue band or chord. He actually called it a extra ligament with veins and vessels that made it a difficult procedure. However, he released and remove the tissue and freed my penis. He also released the peyronies scar tissue in the middle lateral dorsal side of penis. He lengthened the tissue by releasing and removing the scar tissue. I am a new man and am on cloud 9 what ever that means. My penis hangs normally with a nice neck to it. I can guess I gained an Inch to Inch and half in Flaccid length as well as a normal and straight appearance. I am only one and a half days post, so let me not get ahead of myself, but the before and after pics while on the table will just give a hint of the way my penis has improved. I am wrapped, the drain is out. I was up all night at the hotel squezzing and masaging the shaft and pubis to remove all excess blood. By this morning, it was normal size but black and blue. Dr Camacho removed the Penrose drain and stitched the scrotum area. He went through an old previous incision at the scrotum. I will post my pics in a little while. Dr Camacho is a sweet and wonderful guy that has a great attitude and skill.

scar tissue removal from implant 12 years 7 months ago #1270033292

Congrats lastime, your surgery gives me hope that I might still have a chance,(except that my scar tissue is about 3 times worse than yours), but anyway I\'m glad your surgery was a sucess.