PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pmma issues

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308572356

Wish darkstaff would chime in.
How did they know it was in nodes? Whom did he have do his surgery? I think it was gelman right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308573328

According to studies, the size of pmma used in bellafill would prevent it from being phagocitized, and brought into lymph nodes. However, from what I am observing my lymph nodes on left base of penis and back of knee are swollen. This may be due to chronic inflammatory response to filler and uptick in macrophages and white blood cells, bit it may also be due to pmma in nodes. If pmma gets into nodes I think it would cause chronic inflammation in nodes and possible fibrosis of node which could lead to a big issue with lymph drainage and Lymphoedema. This is why having pmma removed seems like the only logical answer.

I don\'t think we can gloss over your gains. An inch or even close to it is unheard of with just 8cc. No one has even got near that before. Combined with swollen lymph nodes, it really suggests something more could be going on here. With the gains you have, given the small amount injected, I\'m thinking an infection could be causing swelling.

Are you absolutely sure your lymph nodes are swollen? As I\'ve definitely noticed a trend among those who are unhappy with their result to then start seeing other potentially more serious issues. Perhaps as a way of sub consciously justifying to themselves they have little choice but surgery, as its a big risk to take for aesthetic issues. Have you considered taking some anti anxiety medication for a week or so, so that you can think about your options in a clear state of mind? I remember Darkstaff mentioning he was wandering the streets in tears and I think he convinced himself his PMMA migrated to his heart, or something along those lines. He went through a period of taking medication and suddenly his symptoms didn\'t seem so bad. But in the end they did a full removal surgery, when his symptoms were a mass of swelling at the base with discoloured skin, a burning sensation and when the surgeon removed it, he said it smelt like cat crap. I get the impression DS doesn\'t appreciate that I don\'t think his surgeon opted for the best course of action, but ultimately, swelling, redness, burning and bad smell are the classic signs of infection.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308581174

I have been on doxycycline since procedure was done with Bellafill. This is to attempt to reduce inflammation and prevent infection. I went to the derm today and she said she could selectively remove some nodules that are giving me problems. She did another round of zimmer shock treatment to try to soften things. I feel she is really at a loss with what to do and she is the one that got me into this situation. Very frustrated right now. If I chose to remove a module here and there shape will become effected and also I will have many small scars. Don't know what to do.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308582433

I can appreciate your bind. It\'s a really tough decision. How many nodules are you talking about? If it\'s less than 5 and she thinks she could removed them through a biopsy punch, then I\'d probably be tempted to try that. The penis skin tends to heal very well, particularly for white guys.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308592707

I have 5 or 6 nodules. Don't know if more are on their way!!! What happens if body phagocitizes PMMA in Bellafill. That will cause the body immune memory to creat T cells to attack the PMMA. Then what? That's why I'm freaking because I feel getting the PMMA out is going to be the best option. Really worried about the damage it may do to penis. I can still take a pee, have sex etc now. Supposedly, Bellafill has perfected size and shape of PMMA to prevent issues. Does anyone know what the lymph system does to PMMA if it enters the lymph? I know the macrophages usually eat up foreign substances, however PMMA is insoluble. What would happen if silica dust got under skin? Does body get rid of this stuff?

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308596695

Most newer PMMA is too large (30-50um) [RBC is about 7um] to be phagosized by macrophages and is essentially chemically inert to cause an immune reaction in most people(reason why it is used widely in medical implant devices like contact lenses); what essentially the body does is form collagen capsules around these foreign objects over time, and wall the particles (or these microbeads) off from the rest of the body; this makes the particles stay or stick to the areas it is implanted . Therefore it is extremely unlikely these particles or beads are going anywhere. Now the problems with Bellafill is the collagen additive or carrier agent, this is where people can be sensitized to the product and why testing before getting the product is strongly advised.It is bovine based and has antigens that people can be allergic too and can cause swelling and lymph nodes to swell etc. of course infection can do this too. Overall, PMMA is extremely difficult to remove once it has been placed and the collagen reaction has occurred , requiring skin and tissues underneath to be cut out causing greater deformity. Silica dust is much smaller .2 to 5 um size and is readily cleared by the macrophages and the lymph system(eventually being collected in reactive lymph nodes) and due to this factor can lead to immune responses and cause issues such as silicosis and other inflammatory processes. Silicon is made innate when it is encapsulated or combines with other agents, or made into oils, to increase its size and change its irritated properties making the immune system less likely to react to this modified silica, such as breast implants and the like.

My advise is to leave the PMMA alone except if the nodules are a cm or more in size, they are very mobile and superficial they can be expressed or scraped from a small linear incision over the Nodule leaving a barely noticeable scar. If deep would leave alone or if bothersome try steroid injection or other dissolution techniques mentioned by others posting on this blog.

Just FYI most of problems with Nodule formation with PMMA and other dermal fillers are the result of two main problems, improper dilution and poor application technique or combination of both. The thicker the filler (higher concentration or increased viscosity) the deeper it must go- into the larger subcutaneous space- and the more manipulation(think like stirring a thick soup- a bigger pot also makes the stirring easier) it needs before it sets in or sets up. Migration of the filler is dependent on the thickness of the filler and in which tissue layer the substance goes into, in the penile tissues it needs to go as close to bucks fascia(the collagen fibrous capsule over the erectile tissues) as possible; most issues(nodules, the accordion effect in the non-Circumcised, bunching, blanching, etc) develop when it (thick filler) is injected into the dermal layers or left in the dermal layers on entry or exiting of the needle or cannula. When placed in the dermis, the filler has to be quite thin, however this makes it more mobile and less likely to stay where it is placed if it gets into the subcutaneous spaces and has to be confined by bandages or rubber bands as in Dr. Loria\'s and other procedures.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308597789

Impressive.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308598073

Dr. Loria\'s and other procedures.

Do you have any information on what exactly Dr Loria inject? Rumors say it\'s straight silicone, but the patients over at lpsg keeps talking about it being replaced by collagen..

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308598207

He injects a modified silicon medical oil(silikon1000) based on research done in Israel and microdroplet technique. He has referenced a paper describing the technique that can be found searching the national library of medicine\'s archives.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308599222

That was a great reply

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308599826

@kbgetbig
you said
'My advise is to leave the PMMA alone except if the nodules are a cm or more in size, they are very mobile and superficial they can be expressed or scraped from a small linear incision over the Nodule leaving a barely noticeable scar. If deep would leave alone or if bothersome try steroid injection or other dissolution techniques mentioned by others posting on this blog.'
What would be the minimum/maximum size Nodule you could remove by making a small incision in the skin at the surface of the penis?
I have loads of lumps/nodules from Micronised Alloderm tissue that I had injected nearly 4 years ago. Dr Morganstern described my lumps as 'fibrotic tissue' and 'fibrotic cyts' I have one large one which is probably 2cm at the thickest point and is buried deep. The others are superficial and are roughly 1cm or less at the thickest point, some floating some not.
Thanks for your time, really enjoying reading your posts.

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308599997

My surgery was performed by David Ralph, in London.

Darkstaff\'s turned out ok, but you can\'t predict how yours will turn out, based on his result. You may scar more easily than him. When they cut the PMMA out, it can cause scarring in the fascia, which can create restrictive bands of tissue that cause the penis to bend and can even fuse the skin to the shaft of the penis. Also keep in mind, Darkstaff had surgery after 20cc of PMMA. You\'ve only had 8, so I think you can still add a bit more and would still qualify for the same surgery if necessary.

I actually don\'t think Darkstaff received the appropriate treatment. I think he had an infection and rather than try and treat that with antibiotics, they just cut all the PMMA out.

Hey guys / Hoodle ... been a while.

I think had the correct surgery... my PMMA was causing my body to react negatively to foreign material ... once I had the FBG, it was like my immune system kicked in and I was having all sorts of issues.

I had round and round of antibiotics but it didn\'t help...

If you do decide you want it out - I would personally recommend going to a US-based doctor and have it done... I have zero complaints on the Removal.

My penis came back and worked great, no problems at all in fact. (except for prostate cancer about 2 years after)

My doctor was Herb Singh in Austin, TX ... but I talked to Gelman back then and I would be confident going to him.

Dark

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308603726

@kbgetbig i really appreciate that informative post!

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308606507

My surgery was performed by David Ralph, in London.

hi hoddle10. Can you share a link with details of your procedure with David Ralph as I'm struggling to find it. Thanks

Pmma issues 4 years 11 months ago #1308624290

Appearance wise, it doesn\'t look bad at all.

• Page: