PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Propecia for hair loss

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278607078

jlmb - I\'ve been to several hair transplant Dr\'s in the LA area. Two of them say its too early for me to get a transplant. I have a diffuse thinning pattern so they said I might end up looking worse if I do get a transplant. Only thing they recommend I do right now is get on propecia and/or rogaine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278606765

My highschool ex\'s dad was a Urologist and talked all the time about seeing patients with all sort of problems from hair medication. Erectile dysfunction, sex drive, and size loss (bloodflow and EQ).

And from my little knowledge of how these medicines work, its very unlikely it\'ll take you from much hairloss or balding to a full head. Get a transplant now while you still have donor hair to work with if you are concerned about your hair, I feel like the popular idea of hair surgeries is that they all look awful and are plug like but the current and modern techniques available are far from.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278604586

God damn? I told you so. Get off that fucking shit now! I told you to Google \"propecia and sexual side effects\". The majority of people do well? Bullshit. What about the people that don\'t? The side effects can be and often are permanent! There are countless guys in their 20\'s that will never enjoy sex again without a penile prosthesis/implant. Is your hairline worth that? The side effects only grow worse with time. Scientists are hard at work trying to find out exactly what changes take place in the body after Propecia has been administered in an attempt to reverse it. I was told by one researcher that Propecia permanently alters the androgen receptors basically rendering you female as your body no longer responds to androgens the same. He said that even at high doses of testosterone, former Propecia patients exhibited minimal benefit.

www.propeciasideeffects.com

www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247858.php

www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/02/propeci...ction_n_3001721.html

www.livescience.com/13314-male-baldness-...ual-dysfunction.html

The list goes on and on. Why do you bother asking for my advice and then do EXACTLY what I told you NOT to do? Propecia/Finasteride/Fincar and Dutasteride all change your body on the cellular level by systemically inhibiting the formation of DHT by the alpha-5-reductase pathway. Guess what dude?... DHT is NOT the primary cause of androgenic alopecia. It\'s merely a piece of the puzzle. Your body NEEDS DHT... especially your penis! I\'m sorry for being so livid but please medilook... don\'t ask me for advice again. I\'ve offered you advice on a number of topics only to see you take the exact opposite approach. I only hope you don\'t end up regretting this for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278603458

I\'ve been on propecia for a month now. I have to say that my libido is slightly lowered and my Erection quality isn\'t as strong. MOst concerning is that I\'ve been feeling some discomfort in my right breast area and im concerned it might be symptoms of gyneocomastia. God damn propecia why do you have to have so many side effects.

I think for the most part, the majority of people do well on this drug, but still quit after a few years on the drug because after a while, they don\'t care about their hair as much like they did when they were younger. I still have not accepted my baldness even though i buzzed my head down the a 0 guard. I still dream of having a full head of hair one these days from taking propecia.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278494204

Though I underwent hair restoration, I\'d love to hear more as well. I\'ve done plenty of research on ACell and PRP. One aspect I found intriguing is that in many patients, the miniaturized follicles that were/should be gray grew in pigmented. Nice! I found it odd though as hair pigmentation is predominantly controlled by melanin and the enzyme catalase that inhibits H2O2. I wonder if the regrowth would remain pigmented over time... Would be interested to know his doctor and Norwood scale/treatment area plus associated costs. I\'ve read that the procedure only need be performed once every three years which would help offset sticker shock though I\'m sure more frequent treatments would improve results.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278493908

Gentlemen, my friend is on vacation (in South Africa). Will speak to him when he is back.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278481202

Will ask him and revert.

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1278469817

I second that, if you have any more information Supa..

Propecia for hair loss 11 years 2 months ago #1276895473

Does anyone here take propecia or proscar to deal with male pattern balding? I\'m considering taking the drug but after doing some research, I read some crazy complaints from men who say they suffered permanent loss of libido and impotence even after discontinued use.

Is there anyone here taking this drug currently or taken it in the past? If so what was your experience like?