PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD!

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288252255

Thanks Hans... yeah I am going back to the original doc who saw me from 2010-2013 for Peyronies and then fixed that. I think when things have gone bad over and over and over - then you\'re just stuck with the consequences for 6 months or so. I\'m not sure.

This guy was a total idiot who has been in practice 1 year (or less). If I never went there, I\'d basically have a closed wound, though it would have had a big scar - at least it would have closed. Having an open hole on my penis for 2.5 months is driving me crazy.

Oh, but according to doctor bloom, it\'s barely noticeable. yeah, im sure people would love to blow me with that on my penis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288250803

All the best Restoration and sorry to hear.Hopefully with time there will be a solution.There must be a decent doctor out there somewhere that can help

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288246481

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288257326

Yes don\'t be afraid though. I did feel little internal knots after the monocryl Sutures dissolve but eventually they will soften completely 100% and you will forget you even had them. I abstained from sex during healing but everything is fine now. This suturing technique is very time consuming and tedious but it almost guarantees success because he is reattaching all of the dermis, not just the surface layer. The downside is it will take longer to heal, but is well worth the time and patience.

Your glan may bend to the side from the loss of skin, but this will correct itself over time as the skin stretches. Eventually it will be symmetrical again.

Godspeed.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288288635

I thought this was interesting to mention...

My dad (a doctor for 40 years) read the notes I attached above from Dr. Bloom (the full version - not just my cuts I posted), and he said there are major problems with them:

1. He doesn\'t even mention applying the silver nitrate in the notes, yet he billed my insurance for it. Since the silver nitrate caused all the problems, he probably deleted it from his notes (but I have 50 photos of it which are GPS coded and time stamped by the iphone...so...what would that even accomplish?)

2. He added in all the psychiatric wording to make me look worse in the event of litigation, which is moronic considering I have a psychiatrist (who can invalidate everything) + proof why I went in there (Lemperle\'s email and a Dermatologist who knows I am not \"obsessed with biofilms\"). As far as my \"unhealthy obsession with the size and shape of my penis\" - well, you can judge. Regardless, I was in his office for 15 min. I have seen the same therapist for 1-2 years. I never brought up feelings of inadequacy due to penis size w/ my psychiatrist (who is gay and knows that gay men are size queens and it\'s an issue in the community). I\'ve had a lot of stress over the fact it has been fucked up since March...not the fact it\'s too small.

3. He said the wound was barely noticeable (again, probably doctored notes). My Urologist said nobody on earth could consider that \"barely noticeable unless they were blind\"

So, to add to the malpractice, now we have fraud and spoliation of evidence.

So, good - this way, once I get my derm, uro, and psych to sign off on answers to questions like \"did I have an obsession with biofilms\" - I\'ll be sending it to the state regulatory agencies for physicians and to attys.He also should be disciplined by my insurance company for billing for a procedure (the silver nitrate) that is not in his notes. Though, he did the procedure - he\'s trying to pretend he never did while getting paid for doing it.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288292105

A negative Healthgrades or yelp review will be the most damaging initially, but you can file a grievance with the state medical board concerning his unprofessional practice of medicine. It\'ll be easier to do the latter if you have a reliable attorney. This is an unfortunate mess. Whats the diameter of your opened wound? What was the opinion of your retired MD father? They have antibiotic biodegradable soy wound dressing, often with skin ulcers the wound is cleaned then packed with before mentioned dressing and either allowed to drain or sutured. Has any clinician suggested suturing the wound at this point? Are you in pain? Does the skin wound smell foul?

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288312015

The internal Sutures are not as strong as original, but they are still VERY strong otherise you would see blood in the morning after nocturnal erections. The ridge is very normal and looks fine. It will gradually soften over the months and full sensation will return. You have nothing to worry about. I am sorry if I caused any distress with my previous post. My intention was to show that even if you had a much more serious issue like Basque, there are options available. Clearly though, my memory was a little foggy and my post did not convey that message. I am very confident this will be your last surgery and you will be happy with the result. Be patient, time is on your side, and we are here to support you !

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288309588

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288309386

Yeah I think it looks good... I wonder if they can put some surgical/skin glue on it when they take the stitches out. I am so scared of another wound separation. Steri strips are better for superficial wounds. At least I have some buried Sutures that will dissolve, though they loose strength fast.

I did some searching and found the american society of plastic surgeons president Dr. Rohich (sp?) did a study that Rutin + Grapeseed extract + vit c actually increased healing at a statistically significant percentage, so I will give this a try too.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288309188

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Restoration that is a super clean suture. I would consider yourself through the crisis! Just put the bacitracin on until it heals and then switch to scar treatment which you probably won\'t need. It looks like it will blend with your Circumcision line perfectly.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288308504

I took a look at Gelman\'s site a few days ago just out of curiosity since I remembered that name. I forgot about basque... but the extent of his damage sounded incredibly severe. There must have been considerable damage throughout the penis to make something like grafting of that extent an acceptable \"trade off\".

I might need something to stretch the right side, though I keep getting morning erections and it seems like they might be okay - it\'s hard to tell with the bandage on...what is happening beneath.

My BPEL was 6.5 somehow this AM which shocked me because it was 4.5-5 last time... so I maybe I\'ll sleep without gauze on tonight (it hasn\'t been bleeding anyway). Though naturally I won\'t wake up with an Erection now! I refuse to force myself to have one since I am still healing.

Hoodle, I googled T-tape but it comes up as something to irrigate crops..? lol what is it?

I\'m not doing anything that my uro or Dr. Alter don\'t explicitly say...and I don\'t think this will be until the fall, unless it\'s scar management that is sometimes good to start earlier as the scar matures (silicone sheets or whatever).

As weird as it sounds, having this section of my penis cut out made my stress levels go down. Walking around with an open wound on your penis (and having to keep it dressed and protected with antibiotic creams) - and not knowing wtf is going to happen (will it spread, will it get infected) was awful. My doc literally said to me (as if reading my mind) \"do you really want to walk around with this thing another 6 months and then have me just cut it out again like I can do now?\" And so, that was the green light.

Here\'s yesterday (the only weird thing with the scar is where is folds up into the shape of lips or something - you see that?):

(yes i am very hairy - leave me alone, i\'ve been through enough )

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288307718

Bigben wrote: About 2 yrs ago a guy here reported having his entire penis skin replaced this way by Dr Gelman. The result looked really good and he sounded happy. I was surprised given how extensive the surgery was. You might want to look at that report and possibly contact Gelman on the phone. His practice is at UC irvine.

phalloboards.websitetoolbox.com/post/epi...44160#post1276244160

That does not look good.

There is absolutely no need to Restoration to be even considering the need for a skin graft, let alone contacting Dr Gelman.

When people have had stressful experiences, it\'s easy to put unnecessary ideas in their heads. The last thing Restoration needs is to have it suggested that he should look into the idea of a skin graft. At the very most he\'d need to wear a T-tape for a few months.

Even if he did need surgery, which he absolutely will not, then I seriously doubt a skin graft is the bets option. A flap advancement, such as a Z-plasty, at the base would seem like the most obvious solution. But that\'s not going to be necessary.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288307534

About 2 yrs ago a guy here reported having his entire penis skin replaced this way by Dr Gelman. The result looked really good and he sounded happy. I was surprised given how extensive the surgery was. You might want to look at that report and possibly contact Gelman on the phone. His practice is at UC irvine.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288303068

I\'m wondering if at some point a small skin graft from your thigh maybe necessary to fill in the 2 Inch gap. To what success, i\'m not sure, but a 2 Inch wide wound with significant depression is noticeable for you and any future partner. When you have a larger allowance, I would consult a plastic surgeon. Right now as its healing it may be the right time to consider a skin graft. I don\'t want you to feel that you are part of some sewing circle where random suggestions are being afforded to you, take a short walk if it doesn\'t provide too much discomfort and clear your mind and set a plan.

Wound closure - the bad and then the GOOD! 8 years 8 months ago #1288294861

My dad believes he doctored his notes given how inconsistent they are...and the bizarre \"obsession with biofilms\" comments (among others).

My Urologist cut everything out and buried monocryl and put vertical mattress nylon - it\'s in another thread. The whole thing was a giant mess...so it just all had to go. There was PMMA fibrosis all mixed in with it too. so I lost 2 square inches of penile skin (the wound was 7mm open & then had a scar band around it from attempts to suture it). If he never used silver nitrate, though, it would\'ve closed on its own, with a depressed scar (though the uro felt it wouldn\'t ever close). Either way, now I have a scar 1/2 way around my shaft and missing skin. Uro also wouldn\'t do PCR (this is in an academic hospital too), but he did a culture.

There was never really any pain at any point. It didn\'t smell or anything.

I think my uro did the \"if in doubt, cut it out\" approach... which was a little aggressive but it\'s all gone at least.

The Sutures look very good, but one side has 1\" more skin than the other - so there\'s a bulge where the skin is tucked in...not sure what\'s going to happen with that as it heals. Others have said it should smooth out.