• Page:

TOPIC: Collagen Types Recruited in PMMA Neocollagenesis

Collagen Types Recruited in PMMA Neocollagenesis 1 day 18 hours ago #1308718872

• Jung
  • Jung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 29
Been poking around and even searched the boards here for learning about which types of collagen are induced/recruited for neocollagenesis around PMMA microspheres.

I am looking at different compounds, like others here have, to help potentially boost the neocollagenesis formation phase post-procedure. Of course you can take oral collagen supplements, but there are peptide options like BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-cu and a couple others; and then, thanks to @alias9 for sharing with me, you have AAS options like Anavar, Primo, etc., which I do plan on taking.

I asked Claude some questions and got the following response about what types are present for PMMA. Here is the response:

When PMMA is implanted in the body, it triggers a foreign body response, which includes the formation of a fibrous capsule around the implant. This capsule is primarily composed of collagen, but the specific type of collagen can vary.

Based on the current understanding in biomaterials research:

Type I collagen is the most abundant type found in the fibrous capsule around PMMA implants. It's the primary structural protein in connective tissues.

Type III collagen is also present in significant amounts, especially in the early stages of the foreign body response. It's often associated with wound healing and tissue repair.

Types IV and V collagen are generally less prominent in the capsule around PMMA, as they are more associated with basement membranes and specialized tissues.

Therefore, the primary types of collagen formed around PMMA implants are:

• Type I collagen (most abundant)
  • Type III collagen (also significant, especially initially for wound healing)

Type II collagen is not typically associated with the foreign body response to PMMA, as it's primarily found in cartilage.

My Round 2 is coming up in early December and plan to take anything, within some semblance of reason, that will help the healing and neocollagenesis phase. The plan is to take BPC-157, TB-500, GHK-cu, Anavar, and HGH along with some oral collagen supplementation (with apparently not much need to take types 2,4, and 5).

Here is an old Reddit thread talking about AAS and collagen synthesis with studies linked.

I would like to hear from others that are interested in this topic and/or have experience with any of these orals/injectables.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jung.

Collagen Types Recruited in PMMA Neocollagenesis 20 hours 28 minutes ago #1308718890

• PmmaFan
  • Thank you received: 8
Here I would only listen to doctors. Often I heard there is no way really to boost it.
But - would be interesting to know!

Collagen Types Recruited in PMMA Neocollagenesis 15 hours 17 minutes ago #1308718895

• Jung
  • Jung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29

PmmaFan wrote: Here I would only listen to doctors. Often I heard there is no way really to boost it.
But - would be interesting to know!

Yea, same place, I would like to know as well. I know Dr. C is the godfather of PMMA for the penis, but I am curious how much he stays up on the most modern studies that have come out. Not saying he isn’t, he very well could be, just don’t know is all… and not to limit it only to Dr. C; there are obviously other qualified doctors as well I wish we could here more from on how these compounds can help the healing/neocollagenesis/angiogenesis of the weeks and months post-procedure.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream