PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation?

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 2 days 14 hours ago #1308718855

Im curious if having continuous rounds of HA, PMMA or even PRP causes any loss of sensation in the shaft. A dermatologist I consulted for some dissolving mentioned that having HA injected in the penis causes scar tissue and damages the shaft skin causing a loss of sensation. I’d love input from @Dr_Sullivan @LeonardoMedicine and @Rejuvall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 2 days 3 hours ago #1308718861

I had my original appointment in the Summer of 2011 with subsequent appointments all the way through 2015-ish (to be frank, I can't recall the last year, or the # of appointments officially, but suffice it to say, it was a minimum of 5 rounds that included both Girth and/or touch-up) -- sensitivity was not impacted. In fact, I have yet to read any grounded info suggesting this is a "thing," and suspect any loss of sensation to any degree is likely attributed to the coming of latter age and not so much injectable Phalloplasty.

Sure I could be wrong here, but I haven't seen or read any trends suggesting otherwise and I'm very much in touch with many former patients who haven't necessarily posted in months or years -- the sample size is sufficient.

That isn't to say this type of complication isn't possible or plausible due to multiple injections, but it doesn't seem to line up with any of the current knowledge or shared experiences regarding the undesirable side effects of injectable Phalloplasty.

I suppose if there is any conceivable scenario, it might be due to over-filling (i.e. too much filler in one-go), which may produce a situation in which volume production of the shaft hasn't caught up with the collagen, elastin, circulatory, and nerve-end genesis required to achieve full sensation. This theory is based on the (backed-up) reasons why certain grafting techniques have failed in the past, and how compounding injections could have a similar effect; its actual validity is unknown, despite being an educated guess, and I would defer to the Experts in the field here should they chime in -- but I felt my anecdotal evidence was more than relevant enough to share.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 2 days 3 hours ago #1308718862

I should add to your original post that the "scar tissue," claim by the Dermatologist, especially with respect to Hyaluronic Acid (HA), seems a bit over-zealous at best. I think what they may have been trying to imply is the presence of fibrosis, which is definitely something more common with fillers that induce neocollagenesis (e.g. PMMA, Ellanse, Radiesse) -- and even in light of this, dermal fillers (especially HA) haven't presented any pervasive problem in regards to sensation that this Dermatologist seems to allege -- I should note that I'm not suggesting this Doctor is lying or is speaking ignorantly, but that even one instance of said-complications could warrant this kind of attitude from a physician, especially those who don't specialize in Male Enhancement to begin with.

Approaching 15 years of Dermal Filler reporting in the penile shaft on the PhalloBoards, sensation-loss is seemingly a non-issue in discussions over that same timespan. I hope I'm not dismissing any legitimate concerns. Those who are reading this (especially the many unspoken whom I continue to implore to post) who believe otherwise, your wisdom would be most appreciated. Otherwise I'm pretty confident in my assertions here.

Also, if I may recommend, if it is HA you'd like to revert, I would perhaps let the HA break down on its own than forcing the Hyaluronidase process if possible, assuming your concern is fibrosis -- any notable introduction of a needle or cannula in and out of your dermal layers can technically introduce "scarring," even if negligible. Also, depending on the volume & timespan that HA has resided in your shaft may also determine how effective the Hyaluronidase enzyme is -- I've been told on numerous occasions it doesn't necessarily eliminate 100% of the HA, but typically most. So if you can wait it out, this might be best (if possible).

Those who you have tagged may have a very different insight than my own, and I'm not a professional healthcare or medical expert -- instead I'm best seen as more-or-less a "patient representative" with ample knowledge in this area due to my role here. So please defer to the Docs, Sponsors, and your own Practitioners when it comes to making any ultimate decisions.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 2 days 1 hour ago #1308718863

I have been using Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers for over two decades and have performed enhancements for many years, for a much longer period I have treated areas such as the lips, face, hands, and neck. In all that time, I have never encountered scarring or fibrosis from HA fillers, and none of my patients have reported decreased sensation. Furthermore, I have not come across any reports in the literature suggesting that HA fillers lead to fibrosis or a loss of sensation.

While biostimulatory fillers do stimulate collagen production, which could be seen as a controlled form of scarring, I would not describe it as fibrosis. More importantly, I’ve never had a patient complain about altered or reduced sensation with these fillers either. In fact, a few patients have even reported improved sensation after using fillers for enhancement. However, I don’t attribute this to any direct changes in the nerves. Instead, I believe it’s more likely due to increased confidence and the resulting changes in friction during intimate activities.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 2 days 3 minutes ago #1308718865

I'd have to go back and try to add it all up, suffice to say, I've had more injection sites that I could count since 2019 and I'm very well north of 100 CC of volume between PMMA and HA and I've had zero shaft sensation loss (or issues).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dickwhitman79

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 20 hours ago #1308718868

Im curious if having continuous rounds of HA, PMMA or even PRP causes any loss of sensation in the shaft. A dermatologist I consulted for some dissolving mentioned that having HA injected in the penis causes scar tissue and damages the shaft skin causing a loss of sensation. I’d love input from @Dr_Sullivan @LeonardoMedicine and @Rejuvall

The short answer is no. PRP is essentially your own blood, so it wouldn't cause any loss of sensation or scarring. Nor have we seen any with PMMA and/or HA. The only one of these that could potentially cause an issue would be the PMMA since it's essentially a plastic and the microspheres become encased in collagen, however, we have not seen any loss of sensation or scarring in our patients who have undergone girth enhancement with filler, including PMMA. According to Dr. Carney, the only way you would really be able to see any loss of sensation would be if the provider injected too close to the glans/head of the penis, in which case there would almost certainly be a loss of sensation as there's a highly concentrated bundle of orgasmic nerve endings there.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 19 hours ago #1308718870

Thanks for all the feedback. Brass tacks - no need to worry about losing sensation over time due to needles constantly poking your Dick lol. Penises are resilient

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 12 hours ago #1308718876

Wouldn't the layer of injection have an impact on this as well?
I can't remember where the video was but it said something ot the effect of the nerves are predominantly in shallower layers of the skin, while the filler goes deeper, between the two fascia, where it wouldn't have any impact on any nerves other than the few that were pierced by the needle/cannula.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 10 hours ago #1308718877

I haven’t seen decrease sensation from using HA, Radiesse nor PRP. Studies show that PRP can actually help with nerve injury so it would actually improve sensitivity. In terms of HA +/- Radiesse, my patients report increased sensitivity. Imagine how the increased Girth fits tighter in a vagina or anus. It’s going to feel better.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 6 hours ago #1308718879

Dr_Sullivan wrote: While biostimulatory fillers do stimulate collagen production, which could be seen as a controlled form of scarring, I would not describe it as fibrosis..

Well said, and "controlled form of scarring" would best describe the process, I used the term fibrosis perhaps too loosely/generally.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 1 day 6 hours ago #1308718880

Dickwhitman79 wrote: Thanks for all the feedback. Brass tacks - no need to worry about losing sensation over time due to needles constantly poking your Dick lol. Penises are resilient

Yea, for all the topics that have come & gone, notable loss of sensation (especially over time) is so uncommon I can't even say that I remember any instance of it being discussed, like ever.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 23 hours 14 minutes ago #1308718883

Wouldn't the layer of injection have an impact on this as well?
I can't remember where the video was but it said something ot the effect of the nerves are predominantly in shallower layers of the skin, while the filler goes deeper, between the two fascia, where it wouldn't have any impact on any nerves other than the few that were pierced by the needle/cannula.

The nerves are mostly located just above and within the fascia of the shaft and in the glans, while the filler should be injected into the subcutaneous tissue of the shaft skin. Going deeper than that or too close to the head means a much higher risk for nerve damage.

Do continuous injections cause loss of sensation? 23 hours 5 minutes ago #1308718884

I almost feel as if my sensativity and enjoyment is better than prior to filler, but it could be mental as I really am very happy and enjoy the work I've had done. The one thing I will add to my comment above is that I did read of one or two members mentioning their glans sensation was 'different/less' right after a glans fill. It was one of my concerns and turned out to not be a thing. I do find that for a few weeks it's a bit of a difference sensation (not less, just different), likely as the filler absorbs water, but it always returns to baseline, which is highly sensitive.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream