• Page:

TOPIC: HA and then PMMA?

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 2 days ago #1308718585

• 7indream
  • 7indream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anybody had HA and then got PMMA before the HA is gone?

If so, how did it go? Any issues at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 2 days ago #1308718588

It is very common to have PMMA after HA, the most common situation is someone has has HA and really likes it so then they opt for something more permanent. I feel that subsequent treatments are always smoother than the initial treatment as the first treatment has created a space for f/u treatments. Treatments two and three generally have shorter recovery times. As far as mixing,,, remember your skin naturally has HA in it so adding PMMA to HA really replicates what we are doing in solo PMMA treatments. I know some providers dissolve HA first,,, I don't think this offers any benefit, other providers actually insist on HA first before PMMA. So in short PMMA after HA works just fine. I have a few videos where I tackle this situation . www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIMVc2oJ11MxtpPHpD-Q9Q

Dr. S
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7indream, Den-SG

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 2 days ago #1308718589

• jon11
  • Thank you received: 3
I have had this done recently. I am too early in the process to comment on the end result, but initially things look and work very nice
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7indream

Last edit: by jon11.

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 22 hours ago #1308718597

• 7indream
That's great

How long ago did you get it done and where, if you don't mind me asking?

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 22 hours ago #1308718598

• 7indream
Thank you so much for this answer.

I was looking at one provider, but had made an appointment but had to cancel because of schedule conflicts, they were offering the HA and PMMA treatment saying that it works better. I happen to have HA already so wouldn't have needed much in that department as it would have turned out.

I ended up making another appointment with another provider for only PMMA.

I asked a sponsor on this platform about adding PMMA after HA and they recommended not to do it as the HA would prevent collagen from building up around the PMMA and would eventually lead to lumps and migration of the PMMA. Now that makes me a little worried because I don't want that to happen.

Your response though does put me a little at ease.

I watched your video and ended up checking out your clinic online. I noticed that you said Radiesse will be available for penile augmentation soon. Do you plan to offer it? How long does that last in the penis?

Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 22 hours ago #1308718599

The HAarmonyCA wont be available until late 2025 if all goes according to the timeline ( but I've rarely seen that happen with FDA approvals) Im supper excited about it. I think it will last 3+ years but that is my own estimate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7indream

HA and then PMMA? 3 weeks 21 hours ago #1308718603

• 7indream
Wow very quick reply!

I wasn't aware of the combo filler being produced under the brand HAarmonyCA. I just read a post by Dr. Leonardo about his use of the combo that he makes himself in Canada and it seems like it gives very good results.

I feel like this would probably be a much better option than PMMA.

It is long-lasting enough and if an adverse reaction were to happen it wouldn't be as hard to remedy as PMMA.

HA and then PMMA? 2 weeks 2 days ago #1308718693

• KirkS
I have been wondering this myself. Theoretically this could be a very bad idea because, they have different densities and one is permanent and the other not. If the remaining HA gets pushed around in an non-even way by the PMMA then it may look ok initially, but as the HA goes away it could look very uneven.

HA and then PMMA? 2 weeks 1 day ago #1308718702

• Jwill
  • Thank you received: 0

KirkS wrote: I have been wondering this myself. Theoretically this could be a very bad idea because, they have different densities and one is permanent and the other not. If the remaining HA gets pushed around in an non-even way by the PMMA then it may look ok initially, but as the HA goes away it could look very uneven.

I have the same thoughts of the unevenness showing after a year or so.

I originally wanted to only get HA filler. Then I read about PMMA/Bellafill and really liked the results I saw. Rejuvalls website says it's best to get a HA filler first then PMMA. They say it reduces the chances of nodules and granulomas.

HA and then PMMA? 2 weeks 1 day ago #1308718707

• jon11
  • Thank you received: 3
I am 7 months out from my final HA, 2 months out from my first Bellafill There is some uneveness but basically looks good and works great. I will go back for more Bellafill in a few months and decide where to go from there.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream