• Page:

TOPIC: Switching from HA to PMMA

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308717676

• Dmango
  • Dmango's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 3
Has anyone had HA and transitioned to PMMA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308717677

Lots of folks here have, and I will when I get the time. I’m one of the 5% “fast absorbers” of HA . I’ve still got most of it, bit I’m noticing the loss, so it I will be PMMA for my future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dmango

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308717679

• Dmango
I have lost about a quarter of an Inch per year, which I think is average. Requiring yearly top-offs, which I knew would be required for maintenance. I’m ready to make it permanent. Avanti Derma requires the filler to be dissolved before doing PMMA. However US based doctors do not. In fact, Rejuvall requires HA layers prior to getting PMMA. They say it it creates a better outcome. How does PMMA feel compared to HA when Flaccid and Erect? I’d be interested to hear from someone who has gone to PMMA without dissolving their HA . Also, if anyone has experience with Rejuvall, I would love to hear your opinion of them.

Last edit: by Dmango.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308717681

There's no wrong answer; yes, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) requires annual maintenance, but the trade-off is its strong safety profile & relative reversibility, and it is a very viable option.

PMMA is the best permanent non-surgical option (as opposed to the best permanent surgical option like Alloderm performed by Dr. Victor Liu) for those who prefer not having to seek out any further appointments once their last one is performed. The trade-off of having convenience (and long-term costs) comes at the expense of a filler that isn't readily reversible.

Some guys are happy and stick with the HA, others eventually switch over to PMMA after test-driving dermal fillers in general, and some go straight to PMMA -- none of these 3 routes are wrong.

I should get a list of Doctors and their policies on HA & PMMA. We've discussed Avanti Derma and Rejuvall, I'll be curious to see HA performers like Dr. Tsay and PMMA performers like Jiva Med Spa (Dr. Nanda) feel on the subject matter... stay tuned.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308717701

I have lost about a quarter of an Inch per year, which I think is average. Requiring yearly top-offs, which I knew would be required for maintenance. I’m ready to make it permanent. Avanti Derma requires the filler to be dissolved before doing PMMA. However US based doctors do not. In fact, Rejuvall requires HA layers prior to getting PMMA. They say it it creates a better outcome. How does PMMA feel compared to HA when Flaccid and Erect? I’d be interested to hear from someone who has gone to PMMA without dissolving their HA . Also, if anyone has experience with Rejuvall, I would love to hear your opinion of them.

We actually just recently started offering our FusionThick procedure that Dr. Carney developed, which makes already existing HA enhanced Girth permanent by adding PMMA with a very specialized injection technique. Our patients who have had it say it feels even better, more firm, and more natural than the HA alone. Feel free to message me with any questions or if you'd like a link to the page on our website about it.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308717702

• Dmango
I’m scheduled to see Dr. Carney on 9/17 with plans of having the FusionThick procedure pending his exam. I’ll be sure to post my progress.

Switching from HA to PMMA 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308717703

I’m scheduled to see Dr. Carney on 9/17 with plans of having the FusionThick procedure pending his exam. I’ll be sure to post my progress.

Awesome! Dr. Carney is excellent; I think you'll really like him and enjoy your results if you decide to have him do your procedure. We'll be looking forward to seeing you in September. Hang in there til then (no pun intended) ;)

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream