• Page:

TOPIC: Foreign Body Reactions & Granulomas

Foreign Body Reactions & Granulomas 2 months 2 weeks ago #1308715869

• LIguy
  • LIguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 5
I have been on this site for a few years now and first would like to thank everyone for all of the information. I have been considering getting HA filler for years. Looking to actually take the plunge in the next month. I have been weighing all of the risks associated with this and saw a few posts on here regarding foreign body reactions and granules with HA. A couple of questions:

First - is it possible to test or do anything in advance of getting HA that would tell me if I’m more likely to have a foreign body reaction?

Second - if you do have a foreign body reaction, I have seen that there is a treatment regimen. Ultimately - does it completely take care of the reaction? Honestly just scared to have a reaction and then have irreversible large and/ or painful lumps

Thanks in advance for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Foreign Body Reactions & Granulomas 2 months 1 week ago #1308715913

• LIguy
  • LIguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Do any doctors like Shafer Clinic or PhalloFILL have any expertise smtheir willing to share on this topic?

Better yet - Is there anyone who experienced this?

Foreign Body Reactions & Granulomas 2 months 1 week ago #1308715919

Hello,

1. Testing for Foreign Body Reactions to HA Fillers:
It's understandable to be concerned about the potential for foreign body reactions when considering HA fillers. However, HA is a substance that is naturally found in the human body, particularly in the skin, connective tissues, and eyes. Its chemical structure is highly conserved across different species, which means it's similar in humans as it is in many animals. Due to this universality and biocompatibility, HA fillers are generally considered safe, and adverse reactions are quite rare. The instances of foreign body or granulomatous reactions to HA fillers are exceedingly uncommon, primarily because HA is recognized by the body as a familiar substance rather than a foreign one.

Given the rarity of these reactions and the nature of HA, there isn't a standard pre-treatment test specifically designed to predict an individual's likelihood of having a foreign body reaction to HA fillers. Most reactions to HA fillers, when they do occur, are thought to be idiosyncratic—meaning they are unpredictable and vary greatly among individuals without a clear reason.

2. Treatment of Reactions:
On the rare occasion that someone does have an inflammatory reaction to HA fillers, there are effective treatments available. The treatment approach can vary depending on the severity and type of reaction but may include medications like steroids to reduce inflammation, antibiotics if there's an infection, or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in specific cases.

One of the significant advantages of HA fillers is that if there is an adverse reaction the effects of the filler can be reversed with the administration of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase can effectively dissolve the HA filler, thereby resolving unwanted effects or reactions. This option provides a safety net of sorts.

While the idea of having a reaction can be intimidating, the reversibility of HA fillers with hyaluronidase makes them a relatively low-risk option in the realm of cosmetic procedures.

getmoregirth.com/nodules/

Dr. Sullivan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skeptical_One

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream