PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prednisone and pmma/ellanse

Prednisone and pmma/ellanse 4 months 2 days ago #1308715154

@heyho12345 , that's a very interesting question.
We all know that certain issues in medicine are not black and white.
Lichen nitidus, as you know and may be experiencing, often manifests with those tiny papules in the shaft's skin, so patients need to be aware of that and be open to unlinking possible associations with the fillers used for phalloplasty.
More than the lichen itself, I would be worried and looking for associated or underlying diseases to have a clear clinical picture before proceeding with phalloplasty.
The list of possible contraindications for nonsurgical phalloplasty can go on and on... that is why we classify our prospects as "ideal, less than ideal, and disqualified." Exceptions happen, though, and that is the reason why every individual prospect needs his personal clinical assessment.
DrC Avanti Derma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Avanti_Derma.

Prednisone and pmma/ellanse 3 months 1 week ago #1308715442

heyho12345 wrote: What about other relatively benign autoimmune diseases? I have self diagnosed myself with lichen nitidus, does this change my risk profile? Perhaps is there a way to test the pmma on skin elsewhere and see if it develops a problematic reaction

@heyho12345 So what phalloplasty options are you now considering based on this condition?

Prednisone and pmma/ellanse 3 months 4 days ago #1308715508

Being that PMMA is inert, I think it won't trigger any reaction in a skin test.
In general, patients with severe autoimmune conditions, though, should refrain from any kind of elective procedures.
Relatively benign conditions like lichen planus and others should be discussed directly with the practitioner because he needs to consider possible interactions with the filler, clinical condition, patient profile, etc., and use his/her medical criteria.
DrC Avanti Derma

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream