TOPIC: Question on Bellafill timeline

Question on Bellafill timeline 7 months 1 week ago #1308714092

• SouthBay612
  • SouthBay612's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Please post questions on my public threads
  • Thank you received: 30
Hi all - I searched the threads a little bit but couldn't seem to find any definitive answers. I had Bellafill injected about 35 days ago as a touch-up procedure from my previous enhancement ( phalloboards.info/forum/progress-reports...or-girth-length.html ). This was to fill in a 'ring' left due to my bandage being too tight in the initial enhancement, and one other area where fat had reabsorbed.

I've noticed that there has been a noticeable 'deflating' in the areas the Bellafill was placed, and I'm wondering if others have experienced this with Bellafill around the 30-day mark. I've read on other forums (i.e., Realself) that the initial results from Bellafill will go away after the first few weeks, and then come back as your body produce collagen over the next three months. This is usually from people who have injected in the face.

Is there a generally accepted timeline for Bellafill initial vs final results?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question on Bellafill timeline 7 months 1 week ago #1308714099

• Ptbnl03
  • Thank you received: 3
I am wondering the same.

Question on Bellafill timeline 7 months 1 week ago #1308714101

• SouthBay612
Here are some verbatims on the topic. Seems to match my own observations, but I'm surprised I haven't seen it discussed more on the forum. Perhaps I just need to scour through the search results a bit more. I'll also ask Dr. Liu directly next time I see him in person.

From: www.realself.com/question/philadelphia-p...injected-tear-trough
"When the Bellafil is placed you should see the result immediately. It will begin to swell and so you may have a mildly exaggerated volumization by the time you get home- for example. That swelling will dissipate, and there is a bit of a "deflation period" at 2-4 weeks. I usually tell patients- this is when you remember why you had the filler in the first place. You see a return of some of your volume deficit. But over the next few months you will see the volume return and an improvement in skin quality as well. Mother nature takes her time making that new collagen - typically approximately 3-6 months for full collagen building effect and contraction to get to your final result. I would say this- perhaps wait until the 2-4 week mark and see if you notice the deficit returning. That is your hint that there was some positive change, now it is a little deflated, and then the volume will return."

"Results of Bellafill are seen immediately. According to the Suneva chief medical researcher results will diminish over the first month then begin to build up again over the next several months."

"Then, over the next 2-4 weeks, it's normal to lose some volume as the bovine collagen is absorbed and is slowly replaced as you body builds its own collagen on the PMMA lattice that was injected. The final long-term results may take 2-6 months to be fully appreciated."

"The results of Bellafill should take 4-6 months to fully appreciate. However, the initial injection should give a hint of what it will look like because there is collagen added to the PMMA. This will gradually be degraded by the body in about 6 weeks and the body's own collagen will be stimulated."

From: www.rejuvall.com/penis-enlargement-thickness-width-girth/
"The initial administration of Bellafill® PMMA results in 55-75% of the final size increase. The balance occurs over the next 1-2 months."

From: www.douglashamiltonmd.com/contents/injectibles/bellafill-more
"The area injected with Bellafill® is raised by the bovine collagen, which then disappears over 1-3 months. As this collagen (temporary) is disappearing, more or less simultaneously the patient’s (permanent) collagen is being produced to replace it."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ptbnl03

Question on Bellafill timeline 6 months 2 weeks ago #1308714336

• Ptbnl03
I am just over a month since my injections. It seems like all the initial collagen has been absorbed as I am sitting at just about 1/8” gain. Sensation issues are all gone, I guess I am in the waiting game for the collagen to start building. Seems I have a long ways to go to get to 1/2” gain or more. Is this pretty typical?

Question on Bellafill timeline 6 months 2 weeks ago #1308714338

Thanks for the updates. I will follow this closely. I'm currently on the fence about Bellafil vs. FFT vs. nothing at all.

Question on Bellafill timeline 6 months 2 weeks ago #1308714339

• SouthBay612
@Ptbnl03 my doc said 3 months until you start to assess results and where more is needed. And collagen will continue to grow even after that point, to 6+ months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ptbnl03

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 3 weeks ago #1308714899

• PmmaFan
  • Thank you received: 8
Is Bellafill harder or LinneaSafe?

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714967

• PmmaFan
@Keith5575

I would not recommending FFT - omg.
I had it before Pmma. The area where some squishy fat remained - never any Pmma could settle. Soon I ll try there to install new Pmma - since my FFT is now many years ago.

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714978

PmmaFan wrote: @Keith5575

I would not recommending FFT - omg.
I had it before Pmma. The area where some squishy fat remained - never any Pmma could settle. Soon I ll try there to install new Pmma - since my FFT is now many years ago.

As you pointed out that your FFT was many years ago; most negative reports are seemingly from many years ago and a lot of that has changed/improved since:
  • Technique & volume injected. Dr. Carney is an expert in dealing with buried penises so is very familiar with adipose tissue. What Doctors failed to do/realize in the past was that they bowed to the pressure of patients wanting monster shafts, and over-filled them with fat. Fat, like any other cell, needs vascularization to survive. The overfilling ensured that much of the fat implantation wouldn't survive, hence breaking down and leaving a lumpy appearance. The key to overcoming this error is to do what I once coined "brick-laying," basically injecting enough layer to adequately integrate with the penis & blood flow, and periodically increasing its size over multiple appointments.
  • Any additional treatments (e.g. PRP) are now used in conjunction with many filler procedures, and while PRP alone DOES NOT give you an increase in size, its healing & growth factors may help improve the vascularization and survival of the fat injections.
  • The quality of fat harvested: Dr. Carney will actually evaluate you to see if you the right volume of certain kind of fat, and if not, will opt for HA or PMMA instead. This is often overlooked in previous iterations of FFT.
  • Regular follow-ups (some Clinics will offer to store your additional fat cryogenically so topping-off aesthetic issues can be performed quickly if & when necessary).

I almost got FFT done circa 2008-2009, and had even heard good things about it then, admittedly with mixed reviews. I can comfortably say well over a decade many lessons have been learned in injectable phalloplasty, and if I were to get FFT done at all, Dr. Carney would be on my short list. With all due to respect to PmmaFan, old anecdotes of FFT are unreliable based on the innovations we've seen today.

Now back to the original topic, in order to remain impartial I can sum up the choice between FFT and PMMA (Bellafill) as:
  1. FFT is your own tissue through and through and thus on par with Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in its safety profile. Improvements have been made in its feel, aesthetics, and retention as noted in the above bullet-point list. The trade off is that retention rates vary person to person, but some don't mind that for peace of mind and that (historically) is usually the least expensive filler to top-off.
  2. Bellafill implants a bovine (non-human) carrier/scaffold (which will eventually be broken down by the body) with polymethyl-methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres suspended with in the bovine carrier that will eventually induce an inflammatory response so that your body can wall off the microspheres with collagen, which in turn is what gives you girth. The PMMA particles will remain with you for a lifetime but they are seemingly bio-compatible and non-carcinogenic. The advantage here is that once you'e achieved your end results (like FFT, over multiple appointments), you'll be done for good.

In summary: FFT = natural (your own cells) but life-long maintenance whereas PMMA is synthetic (however bio-friendly) and its permanence will not require any additional work in the future. If you are risk averse, I'd lean toward FFT. If you don't like the financial & logistical constraints (even if they are yearly or every few years), then PMMA may be your better bet.

I would strongly recommend, however, which ever procedure(s) you undergo, do so with a PhalloBoards Sponsor. These guys have been performing these procedures for years and do a damn good job, don't cut corners on your one & only dick. Good luck.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714979

• SouthBay612
Something which I haven't seen discussed often as I've searched through the archives is the changes which occur as the bovine gel gets absorbed and replaced by collagen, which as far as I can tell takes somewhere between 3-6 months. Why does it matter? Well, for those who experience the common issues we all hear about after Bellafill treatments (lumps, unevenness, nodules, firm areas, etc.), and to the extent those issues are caused by the bovine gel, they may resolve on their own but could take up to 6 months to do so.

Even without aesthetic issues, I would think there would almost always be some changes in shape/feel as the bovine gel is replaced by 'real' collagen.

youthologymedspa.com/pages/penis-enlargement (I believe Dr. Rupeka is a sponsor so am quoting his page here):
There will usually (not all of the time) be some unevenness, lumps, bumps, etc after the procedure. This is initially formed from the bovine collagen gel matrix that is used as a vehicle to deliver the PMMA. Your body will gradually break down this product over time (usually 4-6 months) and you can accelerate this by massage and gentle, warm compresses, but you will have to have some patience as everything settles, the bovine collagen gel matrix brakes down, and the PMMA begins to stimulate collagen formation.

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714983

Bellafill can be a roller coaster.

1. Initial Results and Reduction: After Bellafill injection, there's an immediate improvement due to the filler's volume. However, within the first month, a reduction or 'deflation' in the treated areas is common. This decrease is the result of the body absorbing the collagen in which Bellafill's polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) microspheres are suspended. As the initial collagen is absorbed the volume is reduced.

2. Collagen Production and Final Results: Bellafill works by stimulating collagen production, a process that takes time. The amount of time varies from person to person. I would say usually the result is maxed at 6-8 weeks, but it can take as long as three months to see the full effect. During this period, the body gradually produces new collagen around the microspheres in the filler, leading to longer-lasting results. The “full effect’ is never as much as it was right after the procedure so you either want to slightly fill at the visit or plan on repeat treatments.

3. Individual Variation: The exact timeline can vary significantly among individuals. Factors such as the treated area, the amount of filler used, age, skin type, and lifestyle (smoking is a big impediment to collagen formation) can influence the effectiveness of Bellafill. Bellafill is great but less consistent than The HA fillers.

Dr. Sullivan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Girther

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714984

• SouthBay612
Thank you for commenting @Dr_Sullivan !

If there are irregularities (lumps, symmetry issues, etc.) do you advise patients to wait a certain amount of time before trying to correct? From your post it seems like the 3ish month mark is a good time to judge end results. Would you agree?

Appreciate you sharing your professional opinion.

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714985

The approach to managing lumps or irregularities after Bellafill (PMMA) injections depends on their cause:

1. Uneven Placement, Pressure Areas, or Uneven Collagen Formation: If the lumps or irregularities result from factors like uneven placement of the filler, pressure areas created post-procedure, or irregular formation of collagen, it's advisable to wait approximately three months before taking action. This time allows for the natural settling of the filler and the body's adjustment, which can resolve many of these issues.

2. Granulomas Formation: If the lumps appear to be granulomas (inflammatory reactions that can form around foreign bodies like fillers), it's important to address this as soon as possible. Granulomas can be a more serious complication and require prompt attention.

Treatment approaches vary based on the scenario:
- For issues related to placement, pressure, or collagen, the treatment might involve injecting more filler to even out the area.
- For granulomas, the recommended treatment is usually intralesional, involving direct treatment of the granulomas themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthBay612

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714990

• PmmaFan
Yes mine was many years ago. Maybe the technique changed.

@Skeptical_One
What is PRP for a technique? Its like shockwave therapy?

Question on Bellafill timeline 4 months 2 weeks ago #1308714993

• Ptbnl03
FWIW- It does seem like how long it takes vary widely from person to person. I had been discouraged after reading that people have seen close to their final result at 6 weeks and at 3 months and I had hardly gained anything at those points. Each time I was advised that patience was required and I was still on the right track. I am at 4 months now and still building. I actually think mine is going to take 6 months for me to see close to the full result on my first filler.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream