TOPIC: Worried in Italy

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713839

• melon
  • melon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

Longtime lurker. Probably been lurking these forums for 10 years. Originally had some filler done by an NP last year which did not go well. No serious complications but the filler was always extremely soft and water like, most of it was placed on top of shaft.

I found a Urologist after waiting 2-3 months for what the NP told me was edema to subside. When I finally saw Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami he knew exactly what it was (filler injected too close to surface/not deep enough) and dissolved it with hyaluronidase. Everything about Dr. Cordon filled me with confidence, from where he works and his credentials (Mt Sinai Miami Beach which is in my opinion the best hospital in the city) to his bedside manner.

After dissolving it I returned to have an enhancement procedure with the doctor and all went well. He uses needles instead of cannulas so there was a bit more bruising that the first time, and pain, but the results were great. I went for my 2nd round some months later as his office had trouble scheduling me (they scheduled me twice and when I got there they said the didn’t have the filler on hand) but again, the procedure itself was a breeze and everything went well. Unfortunately I have a long shaft and needed more filler than I have money for, so when I was taking a trip to Italy I decided to stupidly try my hand abroad as I read a report from a forum member Mato23 here, and DMd another member who did not make a progress report, that they had great results with a doctor Dr. Dario D’Angelo in Naples.

I am two days from having 15ml of Neuavia Intense. The filler was done with cannula and is uneven like the first time I had it with cannula. What worried me though is the bruising, or what I hope is bruising, which has spread a bit around my shaft. And the injection point which was rather large which is a bit red around it. There is a bit of pain and sensitivity around the larger bruised area on the bottom right of the shaft.

Praying to God it is just bruising and not something worse. I sent pictures to another Urologist who said it could be a bad hematoma or ecchymosis. Here are some attached pictures. Currently at emergency room trying to figure out what it is.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713840

What type of filler was used?

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713841

• melon
HA filler, brand Neuvia Intense. All the times in USA I had Revanesse Versa.

Just saw a (lady) doctor who though concerned said she thought it was probably a hematoma. Crossing my fingers.

Last edit: by melon. Reason: Grammar

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713842

• melon
Just got done meeting the angriest doctor I have ever seen. After scolding me for some minutes he said he was certain it was a hematoma and that it would go away on its own. His anger strangely assured me.

Hopefully this is the end to this episode. Will keep you all updated.

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713849

I've seen worse bruising that turned out just fine, but if you don't typically bruise like this from past injections, than it certainly wouldn't hurt to have it examined.

Worried in Italy 7 months 3 weeks ago #1308713851

• ou812
  • Thank you received: 9
@melon . Did your prior HA get reabsorbed or were you just adding to it? If it did break down how long did it last?
Thanks and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Worried in Italy 5 months 1 week ago #1308714762

• JDiving
@melon any updates about this issue?

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream