• Page:

TOPIC: Ellanse Collagen Duration

Ellanse Collagen Duration 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713557

• MoMoney
  • MoMoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 4
Is there a consensus out there now regarding the true duration of the collagen lifespan created by Ellanse?

I swear I remember reading somewhere that the collagen itself has a half life of ~10 years, even though the actual Ellanse filler had long dissipated.

This could be wrong, and I want to be careful that I'm not stating this as anything like being a proven statement.

I found out something about myself - long distance medical travel is not enjoyable, and I havent even done the traveling yet. Too much going on in my life and its probably only going to get busier. So PMMA definitely has its appeal to me (and it always has, its been an incredibly difficult decision between Ellanse and PMMA).

If the Collagen from Ellanse appears to be lasting 5-10 years with the 2 year version, then I'm all game.

If Ellanse was in the states / east coast then it would be really easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ellanse Collagen Duration 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713563

This was literally answered here, where you even replied after my explanation. Creating a new topic after this question has been answered only saturates the forum with redundant posts, bloating information access for others. Using the SEARCH tab, and typing in Ellanse, my answer was on the first page of results. Please be mindful of this, and I will likely delete this topic altogether, only keeping this around for you and others to see Forum Policy (I just deleted another one asking the same question). A little extra time spent scrolling through search queries isn't too much to ask.

Given that I read every post on the forum as well as get updates from Ellanse providers, I would be most privy to the current consensus - and to reiterate what was concluded in the long post I linked above, there doesn't appear to be any definitive answer to the question of this topic "Ellanse Collagen Duration" (yet).

If you use the SEARCH tab on PhalloBoards 2.0 , it's quite easy to ascertain that the topic of Ellanse only began to pick up steam 5 years ago (search results there show the age of the posts). Since then, I can't recall anyone requiring "top-offs" or having returned since to report significant size loss (on the contrary, most guys report their size remains stable) -- although in fairness, it could have been mentioned once or twice that some guys have seen size-loss among thousands of posts I've read, but that would mean it's such an uncommon occurrence that it doesn't trend.

Given the following facts: (1) Ellanse is non-FDA approved (meaning no available peer-reviewed American medical literature), (2) has its own manufacturer severely under-project its product's lifetime (you would think their researchers would take collagen half-life into account, no?), and (3) has little-to-no reporting of notable size loss on the only website in the world that discusses Ellanse injections for the penis (implying that some men are approaching the 5+ year post-op window, exceeding the range set by Ellanse's manufacturer) -- you'll see the complexity in getting a definitive answer. In addition to this complexity, consider the potential bias that comes with asking the Ellanse's manufacturer (who are already dealing with the fallout from being way off the mark on their filler's duration), or any of the Clinics that I mentioned whom I trust, but they are in fact businesses and not just medical practices, and will likely provide an honest yet safe answer in the favor of a product they use..

I want to stress that I'm not concluding with certainty regarding Ellanse's duration in all or some patients, only that the reported & anecdotal evidence shows that it's lasted longer than the manufacturer's projected lifetime, hence the removal of some of their products off the market (like how the 1 & 2 year options were effectively misleading, even if unintended or unexpected). Also, like with all temporary fillers, our own body's propensity (how efficiently) to breakdown foreign bodies/substances will mean that there will be varying degrees of longevity -+- in conjunction with the collagen type triggered by Ellanse, and its associated half-life or projected lifespan.

Hopefully you do get a chance to read this before the topic is deleted (that's if I choose to delete it; it's more that I want this forum to be accessible and not overwhelming with repeat postings). That said, the silver lining here is that you've given me an incentive to create a Topic in the near future regarding this very issue (Ellanse duration) by sending correspondences to Avanti Derma and Androfill, the two leading Ellanse providers for penile-injections in the world, as well as Ellanse's Manufacturer, to get both their opinions and any actual statistics in order to compile all pertinent information in one place. Yes, some of the information I will receive may have some degree of bias (like I mentioned previously), but that'll be our job as a community to draw the best judgment we can with what information is available, because at the end of the day, male phalloplasty is still a new frontier in cosmetic medicine.

Also, this new Topic that I'll create will also be a great place for long-term Ellanse patients to chime in with (1) how many years post-op, (2) how many sessions overall, and (3) any notable size-loss independent of erection quality, etc.

Ellanse Collagen Duration 8 months 2 weeks ago #1308713578

• MoMoney
  • MoMoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey all your points above are good. You can go ahead and delete this.

After a few back to back weeks of 70+ hour work weeks, I just got a little overwhelmed with everything. Trying to remember and all of the things I've read over the months, different opinions, predictions, outcomes, ect.

Slept 15 hours last night and I'm not concerned anymore about what I originally posted about. Sleep's affect on one's mentality is a hell of a thing.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream