PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 10 months 3 days ago #1308712909

• GJB1
  • GJB1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 17
NEW YORKER ARTICLE JULY 3 ISSUE
The Perils and Promises of Penis-Enlargement Surgery
One doctor’s Promethean quest to grow the male member is leaving some men desperate and disfigured.

If someone cannot open the attachment, write to me, and I will send you the article PDF. It's a must-read for anyone on this website.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GJB1.

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 10 months 3 days ago #1308712910

I was going to post this same thing today. Good Read !

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 10 months 3 days ago #1308712914

• GJB1
  • GJB1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
Here are some random excerpts from the article. The first one talks about Dr. Mark P. Solomon MD ( marksolomonmd.com/just-for-men/ )

FROM THE NEW YORKER:
But he never imagined that, one day, nearly half his male practice would involve fixing the handiwork of other practitioners. Now, as much as he liked to joke that the last thing Beverly Hills needed was another plastic surgeon, he was doing such brisk business repairing Penuma complications that he’d relocated his practice from Philadelphia to an office down the street from Elist’s clinic. As the number of Penuma procedures increased, a cottage industry emerged to treat what Solomon describes as a new class of “penile cripples.”William Brant, a reconstructive urologist in Salt Lake City, who told me he sees about ten Penuma patients a month, noted “the deep despair of men who can’t unring the bell.” Gordon Muir, a urologist in London, said that he’s been taking out Penumas “all the way across the bloody pond.”But other reconstructive surgeons asked to speak confidentially, because they were afraid of being sued. Solomon had received a cease-and-desist letter from Elist’s lawyers arguing that the mere mention of Penuma on his Web site infringed on the implant’s trademark. (Solomon now notes his expertise in treating complications from “penis enlargement implants” instead.)

From his satchel, Solomon produced a couple of biohazard bags. One held two sheaths of silicone stitched together with a blue thread: an early edition of the Penuma that he’d removed from a patient.The other contained a modern Penuma, a single piece with a built-in crease.“Once this goes in, these men are never going to be the same again, because their penis is never the same again,” he said.
_________
At least twenty-three malpractice lawsuits have been filed against Elist in Los Angeles since 1993. (He has also been named as a defendant in product-liability lawsuits regarding inflatable penile prostheses brought by plaintiffs Dick Glass and Semen Brodsky.) The dockets indicate that some of the complaints were settled confidentially out of court, a few were dismissed, and in one of two trials a jury ruled in Elist’s favor.
_________
Elist understood this dynamic. In addition to encouraging Bryan, the spokespenis, to post positive comments on My New Size, Elist tracked his own mentions on PhalloBoards and Thunder’s Place, other online forums for male enhancement, demanding that their moderators stop harboring “defamatory”statements. He offered a PhalloBoards user, after an abscess had formed, five thousand dollars for deleting his posts about the procedure and releasing the clinic from liability, according to a settlement agreement I reviewed. (Elist said through a spokesperson that the patient didn’t follow post-op advice, and that, while he was not able to respond to some of the accounts in this story because men had requested anonymity, complications were rare.)
_________
A sign in Elist’s waiting room instructed patients not to speak to one another about medical issues (the better to protect their privacy, Elist said through the spokesperson). But Elist could only do so much to disrupt the communities of unhappy men coalescing online. As Mick pored over hundreds of posts, he was horrified to discover that he had been acting out a well-worn script.The others had also read the GQ article about the Penuma, learned that the implant was “reversible,” and, heartened by the F.D.A.’s clearance, put down their deposit.They, too, felt that their consultations were rushed and that they hadn’t had enough time to review the cascade of consent forms they’d signed alerting them to potential complications.
_________
Kevin said that he had undergone five surgeries with Elist, including two upgrades, a revision, and a removal, and his penis no longer functioned. Still, Kevin had always found the surgeon to be caring, if a little preoccupied.“He reminded me of Doctor Frankenstein—the intensity of him wanting this thing to come to life,” Kevin told me.It sounded strange, he acknowledged, but before each operation he’d been filled with excitement.“You just feel relieved that you’re fixing something,” he said.

Last edit: by GJB1.

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 10 months 2 days ago #1308712915

It's interesting to me that Elist keeps participating in these stories (he was also interviewed in the Insider piece a few months ago). He has to know that he's going to come off very poorly and the vast majority of men would read such an article and think "no way I'm doing that." But he's surely a shrewd guy so my suspicion is that these articles, no matter how damning, are actually helping him find new clients. There are enough men who will read the words "penis enlargement" and gloss over the rest, or say damn the risks, to keep filling his waiting room. The hope I suppose is that this will draw enough attention that something finally happens, be it a civil judgement, losing his license, or ideally the FDA rescinding its approval.

www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/07/03/th...of-penis-enlargement
www.insider.com/penuma-implant-penis-enl...y-james-elist-2023-3

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308713001

I'm proud to say our Community has been mentioned not once, but twice in two different National Publications!

The following links:

Insider

The New Yorker

While both are largely about Dr. Elist and the dangers of phalloplasty, our Forum Community was cited multiple times for being a source of information on this subject, which we can all pat ourselves on the back for! ;) B) :cheer:

To newcomers of the site, the PhalloBoards has been following the male phalloplasty scene for well over a decade, including many accounts of men who underwent the Penuma surgery and had complications so severe, that if I posted some of these pictures you'd lose your lunch.

What many newcomers may also not know is that I have personally turned down Sponsorships to Clinics that I deemed to be risky, unethical, or outright incompetent. I know some of you may choose to be skeptical (heck, that's my name too!), but I've sidestepped actual revenue & improvements to my own livelihood to ensure the integrity of this site remains intact -- in an industry tainted with quacks and sugar pills promising you 5 inches, I take pride in providing a resource & refuge to men who wish to better themselves, and their "manhoods" B) :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odouble

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308713010

• 123abc
  • Thank you received: 7

Skeptical_One wrote: …

To newcomers of the site, the PhalloBoards has been following the male phalloplasty scene for well over a decade, including many accounts of men who underwent the Penuma surgery and had complications so severe, that if I posted some of these pictures you'd lose your lunch.

What many newcomers may also not know is that I have personally turned down Sponsorships to Clinics that I deemed to be risky, unethical, or outright incompetent. I know some of you may choose to be skeptical (heck, that's my name too!), but I've sidestepped actual revenue & improvements to my own livelihood to ensure the integrity of this site remains intact -- in an industry tainted with quacks and sugar pills promising you 5 inches, I take pride in providing a resource & refuge to men who wish to better themselves, and their "manhoods" B) :lol:

..and that safety-first mindset is greatly appreciated!!

I’m firmly convinced that before you know it we’ll be seeing a “Botched Dicks” spin off of the famous (or infamous) “Botched” boobs, butts, nose job surgeries, etc. show..

Last edit: by 123abc.

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308713020

Hey

Following the New Yorker Magazine article, the MailOnline health desk are investigating the side effects of silicone implants for penile enlargement (Penuma) and the impact this has had on people's lives.

I have seen the strong message being spread continuously across this platform. I was hoping for if anyone would like to help spread awareness on this procedure then please do reach out. Please send me an email on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are happy to discuss your experiences around this surgical procedure or alternatively you can dm here.

I am aware this is a very personal matter and so you can remain anonymous if you wish.

Thank you for your time
Chloe Louise

Penis-Enlargement as reported by the New Yorker Magazine - July 3, 2023 ISSUE 9 months 3 weeks ago #1308713099

Here is a recent Article that deals with Dr. Elist suing some other Doctors over stealing each others ideas (which blows my mind, the Penuma has to be the single most useless penis enlargement device ever created, what level of "moron" must you be to have to not only steal it, but get sued and lose to the likes of Elist... :silly: )

In fairness, the article is quite comprehensive and well written and this in no way is a criticism of the author or publication itself.

Original Link: www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/penis...lant-lawsuit-penuma/
Author: Michael Hardy
Publication: Texas Monthly
Date: June 8th, 2023 (with a subsequent update later in the article for June 22nd, 2023)

Here's an excerpt from that link:

After changing, I met Elist, now wearing a surgical cap and mask, just outside the operating room. As we waited for the anesthesiologist to finish preparing the patient, Elist told me about the memoir he had just written, titled Operating With God. He showed me the book’s cover image: a surgeon leaning over a patient, bathed in a beam of celestial light. “I’m a very spiritual person,” he said, adding that he draws strength not just from the Jewish faith in which he was raised, but also from his study of Christianity and Islam. “I don’t care what you believe, as long as you believe.”

I have a feeling it must be Divine Intervention as to how he's still practicing medicine, and Dr. Elist has now made it all make sense! :huh: :lol:

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream