• Page:

TOPIC: Ellanse at Avanti Derma

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 3 weeks ago #1308712409

• MoMoney
  • MoMoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm basically settled on getting ~2 rounds of Ellanse with Aventi Derma. Reasons are varied, mostly because of apparent semi-permanency and hardness. I'm also implanted with a 3 piece inflatable penile implant, and my surgeons strong advise against PMMA for my specific case (in general I think PMMA has a lot of good things going for it) because the acrylic spheres could potential get into surgical sites in the future when I inevitably get a Revision for the implant done. HA just seems like too much of a gamble of squishy, but I understand the point of try-before-you-commit. I just dont feel like messing around with a kinda-maybe option right now. Anyways, Ellanse seems like the right combination of hard/natural, longevity, and application to my specific situation.

To those who had Ellanse done, especially at Aventi Derma, can you recommend a hotel, either state-side or in Tijuana, that had a kitchen and was quiet?

How many days recommend to stay in town to have them check on post op outcome?

Anyone know of progress of Ellanse being brought back to the US?

How many days for Ellanse to "settle", or mostly "settle". If I need to travel back to the US after 7 days of post-op care in Tijuana, am I ok to have Grower Dick stuffed in my pants (assuming I do some continued massaging multiple times throughout the day)?

Goal is just to add ~.5inc, so i can hopefully get this done in just 1 to 2 trips. I'm not concerned about the aesthetics within reason, so if I get .5 Inch in 1 trip but have some irregularities then I would be completely happy with that. Ideally I wouldnt go back for 5+ years, which seems like a realistic expectation. Could bring the SO with me, have a nice vacation for a few days, then do some Dick TLC with Aventi and call it a win win.

Its been a fun journey learning about all of these fillers. Ultimately, hardness and duration appeal to me the most, so I went through the evolution of HA-Renuva-Ellanse.

Anything else I should know please chime in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 3 weeks ago #1308712412

MoMoney wrote: I'm basically settled on getting ~2 rounds of Ellanse with Aventi Derma. Reasons are varied, mostly because of apparent semi-permanency and hardness. I'm also implanted with a 3 piece inflatable penile implant, and my surgeons strong advise against PMMA for my specific case (in general I think PMMA has a lot of good things going for it) because the acrylic spheres could potential get into surgical sites in the future when I inevitably get a Revision for the implant done. HA just seems like too much of a gamble of squishy, but I understand the point of try-before-you-commit. I just dont feel like messing around with a kinda-maybe option right now. Anyways, Ellanse seems like the right combination of hard/natural, longevity, and application to my specific situation.

To those who had Ellanse done, especially at Aventi Derma, can you recommend a hotel, either state-side or in Tijuana, that had a kitchen and was quiet?

How many days for Ellanse to "settle", or mostly "settle". If I need to travel back to the US after 7 days of post-op care in Tijuana, am I ok to have Grower Dick stuffed in my pants (assuming I do some continued massaging multiple times throughout the day)?

Goal is just to add ~.5inc, so i can hopefully get this done in just 1 to 2 trips. I'm not concerned about the aesthetics within reason, so if I get .5 Inch in 1 trip but have some irregularities then I would be completely happy with that. Ideally I wouldnt go back for 5+ years, which seems like a realistic expectation. Could bring the SO with me, have a nice vacation for a few days, then do some Dick TLC with Aventi and call it a win win.

Its been a fun journey learning about all of these fillers. Ultimately, hardness and duration appeal to me the most, so I went through the evolution of HA-Renuva-Ellanse.

Well it seems like you have your decision figured out and I believe your goals are very attainable. You ought to be able to get 0.5" in one round almost certainly, and a follow-up round tend to be inevitable for touch-up (which will be minimal with the kind of volume you'll have injected). Heck, if you have a significant other who doesn't mind, you may even find any minor imperfections as tolerable and may not even need a 2nd round, that'd be for you to decide.

On a side note, I do want to dispel the HA squishy narrative (I'm not knocking your comments btw). I suppose you could argue that PMMA/Ellanse are firmer, but with the right brand of HA and an injector who knows where & how much to inject, I've been seeing an increasing number of men report satisfactory results. Sure, there are also reports of less-than-stellar results, but Revanesse HA and Voluma HA seem to be quite adequate for augmentation. You have to remember that penises have a natural "give" to the skin, you wouldn't want anything too firm especially when Flaccid, that's sort of the problem with things like the Penuma implant. HA also tends to be better for aesthetic results because you aren't rely solely on collagen production for Girth, which is why nodules and ridges are far more common with PMMA & Ellanse. I'm not advocating for one filler over another, I just find increasing reports of happy customers as indicative that this alleged squishiness is overblown or exaggerated, and largely brand & injector related (not all HA's are cross-linked the same way). However, this is an Ellanse topic so I digress.

Back at the topic -- I would definitely bring the significant other if they are supportive of your decision. It'd be nice for someone to hold the head of your penis stretched out while you massage the base and shaft, hah! Just be sure to resist the temptation of sexual contact, I wouldn't risk ANYTHING while the entry points are not FULLY healed. This procedure is smooth sailing so long as you avoid infection, especially when it's relatively easy to avoid.

Tijuana may have a reputation but I'd argue Oakland, Chicago, and Memphis feel less safe. It's just a matter of getting to where you need to go and back. I've been there a few times and each time was a breeze and I never felt unsafe. Transportation service is provided by the Clinic, and they have Uber should you feel a little adventurous. I've had some great food while there, you can probably look up Yelp (or some travel guide) for restaurant locations and Uber there and back to the Hotel. The Grand Hotel is the most convenient (it's adjacent to Avanti Derma's office and a literal walk + elevator + hop + skip away), and they also have a Marriott which I've heard nice things about (but may require a cab/Uber to get to the Clinic).

If you stay long enough, you could even venture into San Diego which is literally minutes away (although make sure to go at the right time of day because border lines can be quite long).

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712427

• MoMoney

Skeptical_One wrote:

MoMoney wrote: I'm basically settled on getting ~2 rounds of Ellanse with Aventi Derma. Reasons are varied, mostly because of apparent semi-permanency and hardness. I'm also implanted with a 3 piece inflatable penile implant, and my surgeons strong advise against PMMA for my specific case (in general I think PMMA has a lot of good things going for it) because the acrylic spheres could potential get into surgical sites in the future when I inevitably get a Revision for the implant done. HA just seems like too much of a gamble of squishy, but I understand the point of try-before-you-commit. I just dont feel like messing around with a kinda-maybe option right now. Anyways, Ellanse seems like the right combination of hard/natural, longevity, and application to my specific situation.

Well it seems like you have your decision figured out and I believe your goals are very attainable. You ought to be able to get 0.5" in one round almost certainly, and a follow-up round tend to be inevitable for touch-up (which will be minimal with the kind of volume you'll have injected). Heck, if you have a significant other who doesn't mind, you may even find any minor imperfections as tolerable and may not even need a 2nd round, that'd be for you to decide.

On a side note, I do want to dispel the HA squishy narrative (I'm not knocking your comments btw). I suppose you could argue that PMMA/Ellanse are firmer, but with the right brand of HA and an injector who knows where & how much to inject, I've been seeing an increasing number of men report satisfactory results. Sure, there are also reports of less-than-stellar results, but Revanesse HA and Voluma HA seem to be quite adequate for augmentation. You have to remember that penises have a natural "give" to the skin, you wouldn't want anything too firm especially when Flaccid, that's sort of the problem with things like the Penuma implant. HA also tends to be better for aesthetic results because you aren't rely solely on collagen production for Girth, which is why nodules and ridges are far more common with PMMA & Ellanse. I'm not advocating for one filler over another, I just find increasing reports of happy customers as indicative that this alleged squishiness is overblown or exaggerated, and largely brand & injector related (not all HA's are cross-linked the same way). However, this is an Ellanse topic so I digress.

Back at the topic -- I would definitely bring the significant other if they are supportive of your decision. It'd be nice for someone to hold the head of your penis stretched out while you massage the base and shaft, hah! Just be sure to resist the temptation of sexual contact, I wouldn't risk ANYTHING while the entry points are not FULLY healed. This procedure is smooth sailing so long as you avoid infection, especially when it's relatively easy to avoid.

Tijuana may have a reputation but I'd argue Oakland, Chicago, and Memphis feel less safe. It's just a matter of getting to where you need to go and back. I've been there a few times and each time was a breeze and I never felt unsafe. Transportation service is provided by the Clinic, and they have Uber should you feel a little adventurous. I've had some great food while there, you can probably look up Yelp (or some travel guide) for restaurant locations and Uber there and back to the Hotel. The Grand Hotel is the most convenient (it's adjacent to Avanti Derma's office and a literal walk + elevator + hop + skip away), and they also have a Marriott which I've heard nice things about (but may require a cab/Uber to get to the Clinic).

If you stay long enough, you could even venture into San Diego which is literally minutes away (although make sure to go at the right time of day because border lines can be quite long).

Skep I actually very much appreciate you diving further into HA. Its actually been a very difficult decision - trying HA first or jumping right into the longer-term options. I will trust you that HA can produce good / non-squishy results if you choose a quality doc/filler.

My continued concerns with HA are the following:
<>I will likely need 2 procedure just to get .5in. The doctor that I want to use is a 7 hour drive from me. Because he is a Urofill guy he only uses 6cc's max first round, as they believe too much too soon increases risk of migration and squishiness.
<>HA seems to be susceptible to quicker degradation due to the use of a Dick pump and consistent high physical intensity lifestyles, both of which apply to me. While I can chuck out $6-10k to reach .5+ with temp filler, if it lasts less than 1 year its just not worth it to me
<>IIRC Avanti Derma prefers people not to have had HA prior to Ellanse or PMMA. Because I have an 3 piece inflatable implant, I am already on the list of non-preferred patients as per their website. I'm not sure if they would deny me if I have too many checks against me.

I will be scheduling a virtual consult with AD soon to ask some specifics regarding my situation.

If there are people who have had longer term success with HA (12+ months before needing a top off) and use a Dick pump and are extremely physically active, then I would consider. Unfortunately a lot of these speculations are based on a few forum observations and some conversations with guy/gals who have get facial fillers are report shorter durations during high activity. But I also have no idea what fillers they used, quality of doc, ect. Again, a ton of speculation here, but a significant amount of time and $$ on the table.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712456

getting Ellanse on 6/7 at Avanti. going for lower volume and more sessions as i’m interested in aesthetics over shear size. I’m staying at the Grand, although im a marriott platinum member just easier staying there over a 10 minute walk to Avanti. i had the same concerns over HA short term and “soft” feel. i spoke with Dr. Morales and feel confident in my decision to see her, i sent her pictures and she recommended the amount of volume for my goals and objectives.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712460

MoMoney wrote:

Skeptical_One wrote:

Skep I actually very much appreciate you diving further into HA. Its actually been a very difficult decision - trying HA first or jumping right into the longer-term options. I will trust you that HA can produce good / non-squishy results if you choose a quality doc/filler.

My continued concerns with HA are the following:
<>I will likely need 2 procedure just to get .5in. The doctor that I want to use is a 7 hour drive from me. Because he is a Urofill guy he only uses 6cc's max first round, as they believe too much too soon increases risk of migration and squishiness.
<>HA seems to be susceptible to quicker degradation due to the use of a Dick pump and consistent high physical intensity lifestyles, both of which apply to me. While I can chuck out $6-10k to reach .5+ with temp filler, if it lasts less than 1 year its just not worth it to me
<>IIRC Avanti Derma prefers people not to have had HA prior to Ellanse or PMMA. Because I have an 3 piece inflatable implant, I am already on the list of non-preferred patients as per their website. I'm not sure if they would deny me if I have too many checks against me.

I will be scheduling a virtual consult with AD soon to ask some specifics regarding my situation.

If there are people who have had longer term success with HA (12+ months before needing a top off) and use a Dick pump and are extremely physically active, then I would consider. Unfortunately a lot of these speculations are based on a few forum observations and some conversations with guy/gals who have get facial fillers are report shorter durations during high activity. But I also have no idea what fillers they used, quality of doc, ect. Again, a ton of speculation here, but a significant amount of time and $$ on the table.

I wasn't trying to dissuade you from Ellanse, simply trying to balance the narrative around HA - you bring up valid concerns on your end and like I've iterated previously, it appears you have set your sights on Avanti Derma and I think you'll be satisfied with your decision.

Keep us up to date with your virtual consultation with AD, didn't realize they offered that (assumed either phone or in-person). Let me know how it goes, I can perhaps convince them to make it more abundantly clear they offer this service, very useful for many who can't fly to Mexico on a whim.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712492

• MoMoney

jackets5 wrote: getting Ellanse on 6/7 at Avanti. going for lower volume and more sessions as i’m interested in aesthetics over shear size. I’m staying at the Grand, although im a marriott platinum member just easier staying there over a 10 minute walk to Avanti. i had the same concerns over HA short term and “soft” feel. i spoke with Dr. Morales and feel confident in my decision to see her, i sent her pictures and she recommended the amount of volume for my goals and objectives.

Keep me posted. Hopefully I'm not too far behind you but getting the time off work is a pain in the ass.

What do you consider a low amount of filler for 1 round? Or rather, what is your desired amount of filler in 1 round?

Also, why did you decide to go with Ellanse?

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712493

• MoMoney

Skeptical_One wrote: I wasn't trying to dissuade you from Ellanse, simply trying to balance the narrative around HA - you bring up valid concerns on your end and like I've iterated previously, it appears you have set your sights on Avanti Derma and I think you'll be satisfied with your decision.

Keep us up to date with your virtual consultation with AD, didn't realize they offered that (assumed either phone or in-person). Let me know how it goes, I can perhaps convince them to make it more abundantly clear they offer this service, very useful for many who can't fly to Mexico on a whim.

Skep I believe you are correct that they do not offer a virtual consult. I just made the assumption that they did at the time that I made the post.

I have since called AD and Ian offered to answer all my questions right on the spot, which was a surprise in a good way.

The last things I have to do is get a passport, get time off of work, and figure out a realistic post-op filler protocol since I will have to return to work in 7 days after the procedure. I am also immune to retraction because of my inflatable implant, so that may make some parts easier.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712494

MoMoney wrote:

jackets5 wrote: getting Ellanse on 6/7 at Avanti. going for lower volume and more sessions as i’m interested in aesthetics over shear size. I’m staying at the Grand, although im a marriott platinum member just easier staying there over a 10 minute walk to Avanti. i had the same concerns over HA short term and “soft” feel. i spoke with Dr. Morales and feel confident in my decision to see her, i sent her pictures and she recommended the amount of volume for my goals and objectives.

Keep me posted. Hopefully I'm not too far behind you but getting the time off work is a pain in the ass.

What do you consider a low amount of filler for 1 round? Or rather, what is your desired amount of filler in 1 round?

i’m getting 8cc. i spoke for about 20 mins w Dr. Morales on the phone. we discussed my goals and the procedure. after i sent pics to Ian and that’s what she recommended. im also doing the Utmost package. as for Ellanse i liked it was long term but not permanent. So in a few years i can have a clean slate if i wanted to get something else as i’m sure there will
be some movement in the field

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712506

• MoMoney

jackets5 wrote:

MoMoney wrote:

i’m getting 8cc. i spoke for about 20 mins w Dr. Morales on the phone. we discussed my goals and the procedure. after i sent pics to Ian and that’s what she recommended. im also doing the Utmost package. as for Ellanse i liked it was long term but not permanent. So in a few years i can have a clean slate if i wanted to get something else as i’m sure there will

Did Dr. M give you an expectation on size increase with 8cc? I may aim for the same, may try the Utmost too. Ill talk to Ian and look to get pics over as well.

Thanks for sharing man.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712510

MoMoney wrote:

jackets5 wrote:

MoMoney wrote:

Did Dr. M give you an expectation on size increase with 8cc? I may aim for the same, may try the Utmost too. Ill talk to Ian and look to get pics over as well.

Thanks for sharing man.

ian said about 0.5” which is fine and i’m good with 2 sessions of 8cc and then a touch up to get to about 1 Inch gain. Dr. Morales said that was a reasonable goal.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 2 weeks ago #1308712530

• MoMoney
Perfect, I would be very happy with .5in with 8cc, and if that means a 1 and done even better.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 1 week ago #1308712639

Very interesting getting Ellanse with an inflatable penile implant! Not many have been in that position and posted about it. May I ask who your surgeon was for the implant? Did you talk with him about the Ellanse?

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 1 week ago #1308712647

• MoMoney

Delonman wrote: Very interesting getting Ellanse with an inflatable penile implant! Not many have been in that position and posted about it. May I ask who your surgeon was for the implant? Did you talk with him about the Ellanse?

Dr. Hakky in Atlanta.

I emailed him about Ellanse, he wasnt familiar with it. He is against PMMA for implanted guys because of risk of the permanent PMMA material getting into surgical wounds in the future (implantees will need revisions eventually). He is a fan of HA because of the usual safety profile (he also sells it).

To me Ellanse is appealing because the filler material will eventually dissipate.

If you are looking at IPPs, then I'd highly recommend him. Arguably #1 in US or world.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 1 week ago #1308712651

Surprised that he doesn't know about Ellanse, hopefully it'll catch on in the US soon. I do have a penile implant from Dr Eid (coloplast titan), though I've spoken w Dr Hakky on the phone and know he is very good as well. Hakky has been on my short list to try HA with my implant but the cost has dissuaded me so far. Gotta save that money for the inevitable implant Revision that my military healthcare doesn't cover.

Ellanse at Avanti Derma 10 months 1 week ago #1308712654

• MoMoney

Delonman wrote: Surprised that he doesn't know about Ellanse, hopefully it'll catch on in the US soon. I do have a penile implant from Dr Eid (coloplast titan), though I've spoken w Dr Hakky on the phone and know he is very good as well. Hakky has been on my short list to try HA with my implant but the cost has dissuaded me so far. Gotta save that money for the inevitable implant Revision that my military healthcare doesn't cover.

Ya Ellanse in the US would be very nice. IIRC its locked up in the FDA for some reason.

I still may try HA first as I have to wait ~3 months to receive my passport from the US gov to travel to Mexico.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream