PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Surgimend

Surgimend 1 year 4 months ago #1308709675

skiman wrote: Thanks SO. I actually hadn't given infection too much thought until Screen2584 brought it up, and inclined to agree with you that it would be highly unusual. The one and done is a nice concept for sure, although given that it is surgery there is a 4-6 week recovery period with no sex. One thing Dr Liu did tell me is that if you do want more Girth beyond what you get with Surgimend, you can add filler as well. I'll be making a decision soon about what to do, but am leaning towards having it done.

Four to six weeks of no sex is a very small sacrifice given the time we've probably spent wanting a bigger penis in the first place... food for thought.

Dr. Liu has performed both procedure types (Dermal Grafts and dermal fillers) and he's generally been pretty frank about expectations, so I trust his expertise in the matter.

If you decide to go through with it, please consider posting a progress report. Our Community would very much appreciate it. Either way, good luck and keep us posted!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Surgimend 1 year 4 months ago #1308709698

One other advantage of using Surgimend is that since it’s cut to size there is no gap between the glans and the shaft. Dr Solomon does seem to have the experience in this area but I notice he has taken down all of his before and after photos on his website so I hope he is still doing the procedure.

Surgimend 1 year 4 months ago #1308709703

• skiman
  • skiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 16
So I decided to go for it. The procedure is scheduled for 12/12. I will start another thread as I get closer to it to share progress and experience.

Surgimend 1 year 4 months ago #1308709706

skiman wrote: So I decided to go for it. The procedure is scheduled for 12/12. I will start another thread as I get closer to it to share progress and experience.

I'm assuming you decided on Surgimend? Who did you decide to go with, presumably Dr. Liu? I hope you share with us your progress, and wish you the best on your journey.

A few tips if it is indeed Surgimend:
  1. Don't insist on extra sheets of Surgimend if the Doctor doesn't recommend it. You want the graft to vascularize so that is has a healthy blood supply -- going overboard with Girth (over stacking grafts) can make it harder for your body to vascularize, much less heal. You're going to jump condom bracket sizes regardless, so stick with a safe conservative approach.
  2. PLEASE follow post-op protocol religiously. What's another 6 weeks waiting for sexual activity when you've probably waited months or years to see a bigger penis? With the aforementioned vascularization, you'll want to be sure your unit is completely healed and cleared to resume normal use, including sex.
  3. Give it AT LEAST 6 months of "test driving" after you've healed before rushing to any decisions on getting additional work done. You might be surprised how positive the responses will be to your new unit, and you may not need any additional work done at all. I say this because the initial rush of seeing new Girth tempts you to add more, but often times men don't realize this can have diminishing-returns (never mind the added costs and risk of complication).

Good luck!

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Surgimend 1 year 4 months ago #1308709709

• skiman
Thanks for the great advice!! I am doing Surgimend with Dr. Liu. I definitely will be taking it easy on the aftercare etc., and won't be having sex until I get green lighted that everything has healed properly, and is locked into place.

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710367

skiman wrote: Thanks SO. I actually hadn't given infection too much thought until Screen2584 brought it up, and inclined to agree with you that it would be highly unusual. The one and done is a nice concept for sure, although given that it is surgery there is a 4-6 week recovery period with no sex. One thing Dr Liu did tell me is that if you do want more Girth beyond what you get with Surgimend, you can add filler as well. I'll be making a decision soon about what to do, but am leaning towards having it done.

Thank you for your adding what Liu said about adding filler after Surgimend. I was actually going to ask the same question.

Last edit: by Razor350.

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710437

• Tyl2704
  • Thank you received: 2
@skiman

How's it going on the healing front? Any updates to share?
Very excited about this procedure. Currently debating between this or PMMA following MegaMaXL

Does it feel natural? Does it keep you extended throughout the day?
Any drawbacks?

Thanks!

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710445

• skiman
I’ve been documenting my journey with this in another thread that includes pictures. I’ll be at the four week mark Monday, and all in all I think going well. As far as extension all day, sort of I guess. One thing I can say is that I haven’t been Turtling like I used to which is really nice. It doesn’t feel 100% natural yet, but it is definitely getting there, and I think eventually will. I haven’t had to deal with shaping which has been nice too. Drawbacks? I guess just the recovery time. It is a very invasive procedure obviously, but when I look at it from the long term perspective it isn’t really a big deal.

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710448

skiman wrote: I’ve been documenting my journey with this in another thread that includes pictures. I’ll be at the four week mark Monday, and all in all I think going well. As far as extension all day, sort of I guess. One thing I can say is that I haven’t been Turtling like I used to which is really nice. It doesn’t feel 100% natural yet, but it is definitely getting there, and I think eventually will. I haven’t had to deal with shaping which has been nice too. Drawbacks? I guess just the recovery time. It is a very invasive procedure obviously, but when I look at it from the long term perspective it isn’t really a big deal.

I am glad that you point out that it is an invasive procedure, having had dermal graft myself however anyone who has complications should know that the procedure is the same as with fillers: degloving of the penis. I think as such than a permanent result like that of Surgimend might actually be safer than a permanent filler.

I am curious however, did the doctor really say it can be combined with PMMA? I only read it can be combined with fat transfer and MegaFill.

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710469

• skiman
He didn’t specifically say PMMA, but he did say filler. We didn’t get into which one. Honestly, at this point I can’t see a reason to have filler added. Who knows, maybe I’ll feel differently in a year or two!!!!

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710478

• Tyl2704
  • Thank you received: 2
Does it look natural now?

Surgimend 1 year 2 months ago #1308710485

• skiman
I think it looks natural. I have posted pictures through the three week mark (today is four weeks post procedure) on my other thread on this, check them out.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream