PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bellafill vs other PMMA

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705658

It seems as though many plastic surgeons in America, including some of the sponsors here have adopted the use of Bellafill as a permanent / semipermanent filler for Girth enhancement.

In the past, particularly when discussed on PB 2.0, Bellafill was typically dismissed as an inferior filler to metracill, etc.

My understanding is the carrier gel takes longer to dissipate and therefor leaves an opportunity for irregularities.

I’ve noticed that most of the use of Bellafill in the US is in conjunction with HA. I’m curious if this then solves the problem of a carrier gel that takes longer to dissolve , but I’m also curious how this could interfere with collagen production from the PMMA. I would think it would cause lumps.

I believe we’ve only had a few patients who have recently had Bellafill, but I would love to hear from some of our sponsors as to the efficacy of this technique and the potential drawbacks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dickwhitman79.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705717

4 days post. Ill let you know

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705746

It’s FDA approved, that’s why they’re using it. If they could use Linnea Safe they would. Dr. Casavantes has the most experience with injecting PMMA into the penis and he uses Linnea Safe because it’s the best PMMA product for it. It’s always interesting hearing from guys who are trying so hard not to travel to Mexico. I would never put something in my penis the best penis doctor in the world doesn’t like using.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705747

Well I already so hopefully it goes ok.
My doctor did part Bellafill with mostly HA.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705748

5 days post
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705754

Nice results! Looks nice and smooth.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 years 4 months ago #1308705756

The significant difference is the carrier: bovine vs cellulose. The American iteration (Bellafill) retains its patent by distinguishing itself from other iterations through its use of a bovine carrier, which also requires an allergen test before administration. Linnea Safe (and Metacrill) are cellulose-based.

The effective difference is the duration by which the carrier dissipates/absorbs, like @Dickwhitman79 mentioned: bovine takes considerably longer to break down and thus leaves a wider window of recovery (and by extension, a longer period in which aesthetic irregularity can occur); the cellulose carrier is resolved in a matter of days. Also, Bellafill is considerably more expensive than its non-patented counterparts, although that's less of an issue if budget isn't your dilemma.

This all said - if you're having it injected by a highly skilled practitioner and are willing to follow a prolonged protocol, Bellafill is certainly a viable filler. As a matter of fact, I know of a few physicians who've experimented with mixing the Bellafill PMMA with fat and other ingredients to bring down the overall cost while providing their patients the benefit of some permanence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackkoala

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308715302

• PmmaFan
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 8
@Skeptical_One

Who are the doctors / offices - mixing fat with pmma?

This is not an issue regarding the settle-periode from pmma? That the fat will have mobility the first days when Pmma has already the potential to migrate?
Or is this possible cause BellaFill migrates less than LinneaSafe??
( @herkermer said that in the thread „Avanti or Dr Rupeka?“ )

So - big question if BellaFill or LinneaSafe migrates more?

Last edit: by PmmaFan.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308715303

PmmaFan wrote: @Skeptical_One

Who are the doctors / offices - mixing fat with pmma?

This is not an issue regarding the settle-periode from pmma? That the fat will have mobility the first days when Pmma has already the potential to migrate?
Or is this possible cause BellaFill migrates less than LinneaSafe??
( @herkermer said that in the thread „Avanti or Dr Rupeka?“ )

So - big question if BellaFill or LinneaSafe migrates more?

There are a number of Clinics willing to mix fillers in any number of combinations (usually up to 2), but often times it's one filler one round, and the other filler a follow-up round. To be frank, I have to go through my notes (and I'm out of the Office on a weekend at the moment) to see which Doctor happened to perform both fat and PMMA on the same appointment (I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I will not be responsible for misinformation, so I'd rather wait till I can confirm it).

As for migration, neither of those versions of PMMA carriers migrate the way for example, silicone oil can. Linnea Safe absorbs so quickly and the carrier itself is quite bio-compatible and highly susceptible to degradation. As for Bellafill, it's rate of break down is going to vary, but @herkermer 's post was quite insightful since it lines up with what was already suspected: bovine breaks down at a longer rate.

Never ever have I heard of an issue of PMMA carrier migration that has been demonstrably proven to have occurred, much less to have lead to any complications. Obviously, I'm not privy to every procedure ever performed, but suffice it to say, the sample size of patient reporting + physician reporting overwhelmingly makes this notion (i.e. migration) a non-issue.

Bellafill vs other PMMA 2 months 3 weeks ago #1308715311

• PmmaFan
  • Thank you received: 8
And that clinics ( in two rounds different filler ):

„(…)it's one filler one round, and the other filler a follow-up round.“

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream