PhalloBoards - An Online Community to Discuss Penile Girth Enhancement

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mexiko Trip- how to get Pesos, when to pay.. + more (plz help Travel-newb out)

Mexiko Trip- how to get Pesos, when to pay.. + more (plz help Travel-newb out) 2 years 5 months ago #1308705400

• Dream
  • Dream's Avatar Topic Author
  • General
  • General
  • Thank you received: 44
Hi there,
i am very newb with these travel things,
i am from central europe,
and end of month i will be in Mexiko with Dr C.

I arrive 9:30h on Sunday morning at Tijuana Airport, then i will drive 15min to Grandhotel Tijuana with Taxi.
I guess: for this Taxi i need Pesos? (Or is US Dollar also ok? I guess Euro is not accepted)
(Walking would be 1.5 hours!)

So i am guessing i should get enough Pesos in my homecountry for:
- 2 taxi drives each 15min to and back to airport
- i plan to buy all else (Hotel, Food from Hotel, Dr C) with credit card (that i never used outside my country)

Also thinking perhaps i better should send the money to Dr C before i go on my travels there, cause i imagine eg my visa card not working for some strange reason that i have no idea why and then he not doing the procedure or some shit.
When is it 'normal' to pay?

Also what is the normal price for Taxi from Airport to Grandhotel Tijuana? Do i have to be afraid of Scam Taxis?

Thanks!!

ps i heard one can just use his european bank card and pull Pesos from ATM in Mexiko City Airport
(i am kinda paranoid of going there and then finding out it doesn't work)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dream.

Mexiko Trip- how to get Pesos, when to pay.. + more (plz help Travel-newb out) 2 years 5 months ago #1308705401

I'd actually recommend American dollars since not only are they widely accepted in Tijuana, but then you can even travel to the U.S. (assuming you have the paperwork/legal permissibility to do so).

You could do pesos, but I'd still recommend American dollars and download a currency exchange app on your phone to get a rough cost of things. Most places in Tijuana usually have a calculator on hand and will do the conversion at the register. It may sound like an inconvenience for you and/or them, but it never felt that way to me, money is money.

The other reason I prefer American dollars is because I already have a point of reference for costs in Tijauana based on dollars and not pesos: example: a taxi ride from the border to the hotel is 10 bucks including tip (maybe times have changed, but I doubt it's much more than $15). I usually give them $20 total because I'm a good tipper B) What you'll find interesting is that there is no "taxi meter" (at least when I was there), and you often times want to ask the cost of the ride before committing to the trip.

Like say "Grand Hotel en Blvd Agua Caliente por favor" - and when he indicates he understands, you'll be like "si - quanto" (yes, how much)? Stick to the yellow cabs if possible (not that others aren't safe, but the yellow ones have the best reputation from my understanding), I've never been high balled but I can't imagine you being charged more than $20 for an airport ride to the hotel.

Yes you can use your debit/ATM card to pull out pesos, but again my recommendation is American currency. Up to you, no wrong way of doing it I suppose. I just don't think Euro currency is taken.

Note, I'm relying on information that is quite dated, but I have no reason to think any of the costs I mentioned have changed significantly; if anyone has any new insight, please chime in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dream

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Mexiko Trip- how to get Pesos, when to pay.. + more (plz help Travel-newb out) 2 years 5 months ago #1308705402

• Dream
  • Dream's Avatar Topic Author
  • General
  • General
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks !

More questions
When is 'normal' to pay Dr C?
And the hotel- i guess when checking in?
(I guess i will tell them they should take it from my creditcard before i start my journey there)

I think when you are in the Grandhotel Tijuana you can just order Food to your room? And at the end of the trip you pay all together with credit card?

Mexiko Trip- how to get Pesos, when to pay.. + more (plz help Travel-newb out) 2 years 5 months ago #1308705493

Following this closely, since we don’t have many or any reliable options in Europe.

If I were to do the trip already, I would pay Dr.C upfront, just in case Visa card gives you issues (maybe I’m just too paranoid about that, never travelled outside of Eu). And then bring enough dollars for the hotel + taxi + food. Shouldn’t be that much of cash, but just in case Visa really fucks up.
Double check your mobile provider to be sure you can use down there and that you have internet if you need it (pretty sure the hotel has Wi-Fi, but while you travel you’ll need yours).

Good luck for the procedure, you’ll be in some of the best hands on the globe.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream