• Page:

TOPIC: Glans Enlargement

Glans Enlargement 3 years 1 week ago #1308702475

• swole
  • swole's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pending Email Verification
  • Thank you received: 0
I know there are many people who would really like to have a bigger glans. I'm one of them!

I was reading online and one of the old forums about Koreans using a dextran filler in the glans to get substantial size increase. It was called something like a "living implant" because it triggered the body to produce collagen. I know this is old news to some of you. What I found amazing was that the doctor said the glans (for Koreans) would 6-7cc and up to 10cc easily without complication.

I know it is said that HA is the safest thing to use in the glans because it can be reversed, but here is my question...
Why can't a collagen inducing filler, namely Ellanse, be used in the glans? It seems to me that if it can be done in Korea with great results, it should be able to be done elsewhere with a similar collagen inducing product. I am speaking theoretically here. I understand the desire to stick with HA, but just exploring if it is possible and why or why not.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by swole.

Glans Enlargement 3 years 1 week ago #1308702477

swole wrote: I know there are many people who would really like to have a bigger glans. I'm one of them!

I was reading online and one of the old forums about Koreans using a dextran filler in the glans to get substantial size increase. It was called something like a "living implant" because it triggered the body to produce collagen. I know this is old news to some of you. What I found amazing was that the doctor said the glans (for Koreans) would 6-7cc and up to 10cc easily without complication.

I know it is said that HA is the safest thing to use in the glans because it can be reversed, but here is my question...
Why can't a collagen inducing filler, namely Ellanse, be used in the glans? It seems to me that if it can be done in Korea with great results, it should be able to be done elsewhere with a similar collagen inducing product. I am speaking theoretically here. I understand the desire to stick with HA, but just exploring if it is possible and why or why not.

"Without complication" isn't true, I believe there were some reports that this route (dermal collagen-producing fillers) had less-than-desirable results in the glans. My understanding is that the glans present more of an anatomical challenge than an ordinary shaft. For this reason, a compound that happens to be naturally-occurring makes for the best option, namely Hyaluronic Acid (HA).

That's at least my current understanding, perhaps some of our HA Sponsors can chime in on the topic to elaborate? @Dr_Oates @Dr_Tsay

Last edit: by Skeptical_One.

Glans Enlargement 3 years 3 days ago #1308702579

The glans is an anatomical structure with intrinsic limitations for the use of soft tissue fillers.
It is made up of spongy tissue where blood circulates during erections and rest; this tissue is covered by a very thin mucous membrane, epithelialized in circumcised patients.
The first challenge is to keep the injected product within the thickness of that membrane while avoiding introducing it into the bloodstream.
The second challenge is to increase that thin membrane without creating compression necrosis.

I had the opportunity to witness hyaluronic acid glans augmentation treatments in South Korea, achieving a significant augmentation, but I have always wondered if patients had the augmentation in exchange for a collapse of some areas of the spongy glans tissue. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to follow up with those patients.
In my opinion, the only product compatible with this procedure is hyaluronic acid at low doses (and therefore with mediocre results).
I do not recommend the use of any of the microsphere-based fillers for glans enhancement; accidental injections of HA into the bloodstream won't be as worrisome as accidental injections of non-soluble microspheres.
I am not sure if the attachment will show the details, but if interested, please contact Diana (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and ask for our electronic brochure where we explain this in further detail.
DrC.
Attachments:
  • HA dermal fillers comparison.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Texas

Last edit: by Avanti_Derma.

Glans Enlargement 2 years 11 months ago #1308702783

Thank you for explaining the process in gland enhancement great information for everyone

Glans Enlargement 1 year 11 months ago #1308707340

• Dr_Tsay
  • Thank you received: 2
I agree that the glans can take quite a bit of filler. I personally max out at 5 mL in a given session. In regards to which HA product in the glans I prefer either Juvederm Ultra XC, or a Restylane L due to the softness of the product and less degree of lumpiness. In fact most of Restylane products would probably work well in the glans. Juvederm Ultra XC happens to be the most hydrophilic meaning it pulls water more than any of the Restylane products. I don’t have experience with RHA as much yet bc it is quite new to the US.

In regards to collagen stimulating fillers in the glans I think the biggest concern for most injectors/doctors is safety, or at least it should be the greatest concern for our patients and secondarily of course results. In that regards dissolvability naturally steers us to the HA products. Technically in the US there are 3 “collagen stimulating fillers: PLLA (Sculptra) PA (Bellafill), and Calcium Hydroxyapatite (Radiesse). None of these are immediately dissolvable and Radiesse is the thickest (like toothpaste) and would most likely have a higher chance or lumpiness and occlusion. Sculptra because it’s a powder mixed with water so technically an aqueous suspension would probably be the safest because in the face it has a very low chance of “clogging” a vessel because of its aqueous nature. But each vial of powder is constituted with minimum 7-9 ml water and requires several months to see the results. But interesting to see what further research brings in this arena.

I understand the attractiveness of stimulating collagen in the glans but theoretically speaking any HA injected in the skin stimulates collagen to a certain degree. Interested to see more studies come out on this topic bc it is not a very commonly explored territory.

Dr. T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Texas

Glans Enlargement 1 year 11 months ago #1308707353

These are some of the best replies I have seen. Thank You to the doctors that have replied.

I know this is an area that SO MANY of us jump on with a quickness once it is figured it a little better.

• Page:
Moderators: hoddle10bricebdstern22NoxcuseTexasDream